BajaNomad

Mailing sponsor needed

BajaBlanca - 7-24-2019 at 11:20 PM

Here I am in London and I bought t-shirts for all 22 scholarship kids! Now I need to mail them off.

I will be headed over to the post office to see the price shortly but is anyone interested in being a mailing angel today?

boys (1).jpg - 149kB

BajaBlanca - 7-24-2019 at 11:29 PM

The girls' shirts

girls (3).jpg - 93kB

rhintransit - 7-25-2019 at 11:14 AM

I think you are going to be in for major sticker shock for international mailing. Probably cheaper to buy a duffle or second hand suitcase, fill’er up with these and other purchases and pay the extra $ to fly them with you. Or make them into a carry on pack, if you don’t already have that.

[Edited on 7-25-2019 by rhintransit]

BajaBlanca - 7-25-2019 at 01:43 PM

Not at all! It was so easy to do and so inexpensive. The guy at the post office suggested it would be less expensive to put into 2 packages.

One cost 18.30 pounds and the other was 15.30.

Very reasonable.

rhintransit - 7-25-2019 at 02:50 PM

About 44 bucks US, plus any exchange charges. Yes, reasonable. Now hopefully a sponsor will step up.

I had to laugh, as I’d bought two Loch Ness t-shirts on my visit in the spring, and joked to my traveling companion that I could have probably gotten them on line and saved packing them home. So, the clerk rang them up, and handed me the bag...with shop name, etc, and www.something and the little printed notice, order on line, in UK, US, and Canada...

caj13 - 7-27-2019 at 10:13 AM

yeah, but it doesn't carry the same panasche!
the T shirts i truely value are those that carry some sort of special meaning to me, i could order the same T shirt on line - but it doesn't carry the same DNA - the "special gift from a special friend. or I won this, or i was there. thats why my closets are full of holey worn out T shirts that I could replace - but I wont

BajaBlanca - 7-29-2019 at 06:42 AM

Exactly! I want the kids to know that they are so special that they were on my mind IN London.

I tell ya rhinintransit, I thought the price was going to be prohibitive!