BajaNomad

Union occupied property

BajaTed - 8-11-2019 at 10:13 AM

When the Peso crashed around 1994, there was a development being built along the shoreline below the Bajamar Oceano golf course.
Since that time in the skeleton of the development a single family has been "occupying" a semi finished set of rooms.

Supposedly the folks are representatives of a construction union that has a lien on the property and Mexican law says "a physical presence perpetuates a lien until payment".

How long can this all go on and what is a typical resolution???

4x4abc - 8-11-2019 at 11:16 AM

in Mexico that can take forever. Hotel Arco in La Paz is another one of those Union occupied properties. 20 years or so. No solution in sight.

BajaRat - 8-11-2019 at 11:42 AM

That technique is used in real property disputes as well
The longer it occurs the harder it is settle
Remember the dilemma with Mark and Olivia
Lionel :cool:

Are you referring to Los Arco Hotel?

thebajarunner - 8-11-2019 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
in Mexico that can take forever. Hotel Arco in La Paz is another one of those Union occupied properties. 20 years or so. No solution in sight.

Just down the Malecon from La Perla?
Drove by there recently and was saddened to see that really nice place locked up and decaying.

I was a union contractor for a few years, finally decided it was definitely not worth the grief.
The day the BA tossed my 17 year old son off the job, working on a project for the summer, was the day I said "Hasta la Vista, Baby"