BajaNomad

you can't fool these Otay dogs!

del mar - 8-18-2019 at 02:04 PM

https://news.yahoo.com/tons-pot-found-truck-full-200344919.h...

[Edited on 8-18-2019 by del mar]

chippy - 8-18-2019 at 02:40 PM

I don´t get it! Who buys Mexican dope now that you can buy the best
Cal weed legally:?:

Paco Facullo - 8-18-2019 at 03:18 PM

Apparently you haven't bought the "legal "weed yet ?

It is Damn expensive with all the middle men, regulations and taxes.

Mexican weed can undercut it and still derive a huge profit...

AKgringo - 8-18-2019 at 03:29 PM

I am surrounded by growers here in Northern CA, and I share a private road with at least three that I have a neighborly relationship with. None of their product makes it to the "legal" market!

The regulated, and taxed supply is only generating one tenth of the revenue to the state that was anticipated when the law was passed. My neighbors don't even sell theirs in the state because the wholesale price here is in the toilet.

Are you sure they weren't smuggling peppers?

thebajarunner - 8-18-2019 at 04:22 PM

I started taking CBD for migraine prevention
(seems to be working, no migraines of late)
Small bottle is $50
Product= $25
Taxes = $25
What a great state we live in here in Californication

bajabuddha - 8-18-2019 at 04:47 PM

the jalapenos were prolly thought of for covering the scent of the pot. Apparently the planners were sampling a little too much of the product methinks.

As long as mary jane is not totally legal or decriminalized federally there will always be a market for skunk weed, which still runs the cartel coffers. Cartels will always be with us, but dropping the Class One label on weed will seriously cramp their style.

John Harper - 8-19-2019 at 05:55 PM

My buddy in CO that I fished with in Wyoming brought some store bought pot, only cost $100 an ounce! He had vapes, etc. Pretty much a sampler of everything. It was amazing the packaging and labeling involved. Not sure why it was so cheap in CO vs. CA.

Dispensaries in CA are advertising about $400 an ounce. No wonder the black market is still thriving.

I've heard that CBD oil works well. A retired engineer buddy from Northrop is totally into manufacturing his own. Talk about taking a deep dive into the world of cannabis after a career in the "black" world with drug tests and security clearances.

John

[Edited on 8-20-2019 by John Harper]

weebray - 8-20-2019 at 08:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
I started taking CBD for migraine prevention
(seems to be working, no migraines of late)
Small bottle is $50
Product= $25
Taxes = $25
What a great state we live in here in Californication

Actually, sin taxes have always been a favorite money pit for politicians in all states. The states that don't have high taxes on alcohol, tobacco, petroleum and now ganga, are also the states with very low support for the poor and disabled. California and most of its population try to be a more progressive social democracy. Can you say compassion?

SFandH - 8-20-2019 at 09:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

Who buys? The retail stores selling cannabis products. Great profit margin. Do you think the edibles are made from Mendo Bendo skunk?

Just kidding..........................

del mar - 8-20-2019 at 10:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

im a lightweight, im perfectly happy with 5% brick weed. that super high test is just to strong for me to be fun!

yes im not a connoisseur.:coolup:

Glidergeek - 8-27-2019 at 06:52 AM

And the Mexican weed uses only the best pesticides and herbicides: lol: