BajaNomad

Sentri is so fun! Plus secret 7 Sisters photos.

Ateo - 9-28-2019 at 04:34 PM

Quick question................

My Sentri renewal application has been pending since the government shutdown (says the GOES website).

I applied before it expired maybe 7 months ago.

Many people have said I can still use Sentri until my renewal app gets approved.

I know I can't trust people online but I'm hoping some friends here can she some light?

Jon

Pacifico - 9-28-2019 at 07:28 PM

I'm waiting for those secret 7 Sisters photos....

:lol::lol::lol:

advrider - 9-28-2019 at 07:47 PM

Yeah, where are the beach pics?

BajaTed - 9-28-2019 at 08:04 PM

Tread carefully, your making me sweat
Because Sentri is my personal opioid, I would never pee off my source.

elgatoloco - 9-29-2019 at 11:40 AM

We have crossed using Sentri 6 or 7 times since our cards expired. I am currently logged into my GOES account and this is what is says on my 'dashboard'

"Renewing before the expiration date means your membership benefits will continue uninterrupted"

The challenge I am currently faced with is adding or deleting any vehicles. That option is NOT showing on my dashboard. My wife got a new ride and I am getting a new ride soon and we are selling a registered car soon. Apparently I have to wait for conditional approval to add and learned thru a phone call to Otay office that I will have to physically come in to delete a vehicle.

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  

My Sentri renewal application has been pending since the government shutdown (says the GOES website).

Many people have said I can still use Sentri until my renewal app gets approved.

I know I can't trust people online but I'm hoping some friends here can she some light?

Jon

Udo - 9-29-2019 at 01:04 PM

My wife's SENTRI has been under "renewal" since December of last year. Mine since January.
Jon is correct. I am told the same thing by the SENTRI CBP.

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
We have crossed using Sentri 6 or 7 times since our cards expired. I am currently logged into my GOES account and this is what is says on my 'dashboard'

"Renewing before the expiration date means your membership benefits will continue uninterrupted"

The challenge I am currently faced with is adding or deleting any vehicles. That option is NOT showing on my dashboard. My wife got a new ride and I am getting a new ride soon and we are selling a registered car soon. Apparently I have to wait for conditional approval to add and learned thru a phone call to Otay office that I will have to physically come in to delete a vehicle.

Jon

JZ - 9-29-2019 at 01:18 PM

SS pics???

ZipLine - 10-3-2019 at 05:22 PM

Jon

That express lane is too valuable to trust forum opinion with, but really.... seven months is too long. Go to a an interview station somewhere and talk to someone in person about getting it sorted out. You have - fairly obviously - fallen through the cracks in the system. A nice smile and friendly demeanor will go a long ways toward getting this solved quickly.

Even without an appointment, you can probably get in trouble-free at places like San Diego airport or Calexico. A gentle and polite explanation of the problem will probably help it move along and get resolved. Most of those guys/gals are human and they will know that seven months means things got hung up somewhere and that you need some help to get it solved.

mtgoat666 - 10-3-2019 at 05:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ZipLine  

Jon

That express lane is too valuable to trust forum opinion with, but really.... seven months is too long. Go to a an interview station somewhere and talk to someone in person about getting it sorted out. You have - fairly obviously - fallen through the cracks in the system. A nice smile and friendly demeanor will go a long ways toward getting this solved quickly.

Even without an appointment, you can probably get in trouble-free at places like San Diego airport or Calexico. A gentle and polite explanation of the problem will probably help it move along and get resolved. Most of those guys/gals are human and they will know that seven months means things got hung up somewhere and that you need some help to get it solved.

Sentri applications are like visa applications. Some visas are processed in a week, others in a year. Same with sentri. If it is taking a long time, probably because something in your file is suspicious, needs review by the morality judges in CBP. Can you imagine that, CBP is judge and jury evaluating your morality. Most of the CBP people I have met are pretty questionable, more impulsive and thug-like than contemplative and thoughtful.

mtgoat666 - 10-3-2019 at 05:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
SS pics???

Only @ssholes post pics of secret places on the internet.

JZ - 10-3-2019 at 05:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

How about videos? What's your ruling?

https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

[Edited on 10-4-2019 by JZ]

mtgoat666 - 10-3-2019 at 05:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

How about videos? What's your ruling?

https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

[Edited on 10-4-2019 by JZ]

Videos definitely make you a flaming @sshole :fire:

[Edited on 10-4-2019 by mtgoat666]

Timo1 - 10-3-2019 at 07:08 PM

You should talk Goatus unerectus

shari - 10-4-2019 at 08:26 AM

hahahahaha....click bait

TMW - 10-4-2019 at 02:12 PM

Jon don't post anything that shows the seven sisters or the Surf Patrol will get you. Keep it short simple and a little cryptic.

ehall - 10-4-2019 at 03:07 PM

SS the most popular , well known , secret spot in all of Baja. hahaha

tjsue - 10-4-2019 at 03:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ZipLine  

Jon

Sentri applications are like visa applications. Some visas are processed in a week, others in a year. Same with sentri. If it is taking a long time, probably because something in your file is suspicious, needs review by the morality judges in CBP. Can you imagine that, CBP is judge and jury evaluating your morality. Most of the CBP people I have met are pretty questionable, more impulsive and thug-like than contemplative and thoughtful.

The San Diego Airport office is now closed, along with the one close to the border. The only office open in San Diego now is the one in Otay.