BajaNomad

TIP & 180 FMM in Tijuana?

kiterkip - 10-18-2019 at 11:44 AM

I know this information is here on BN... but I'm not savvy on the search function. Please share the easy FMM and TIP stops after I cross from San Ysidro to Tijuana?

One of my favorite history pages here on BN was when I was prepping for my first ever drive into Mexico (now I'm 8 years of Mx travel). Anyway it was photo-by-photo km-to-km cross at the Tijuana border to Ensenada.
Don't need it again, but that was a huge help in that day.
Thank You

Alm - 10-18-2019 at 01:47 PM

If you had already crossed SY in 2011, not much changed since then. Blue building to the right of the gates is where FMM are issued. Parking is in the fenced area just before the building (and before the gates), parking entry says "Para declarar". Rarely anybody declares anything, so there is plenty of parking space. TIP would be only for a boat or RV.

del mar - 10-18-2019 at 02:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
If you had already crossed SY in 2011, not much changed since then. Blue building to the right of the gates is where FMM are issued. Parking is in the fenced area just before the building (and before the gates), parking entry says "Para declarar". Rarely anybody declares anything, so there is plenty of parking space. TIP would be only for a boat or RV.

uh Chaparral didn't even open until the end of 2012......

AKgringo - 10-18-2019 at 02:00 PM

KiterKip is headed to the mainland by ferry, so yeah, he needs one!

kiterkip - 10-18-2019 at 03:02 PM

Yes, Thank You for remembering. I would like to get both my TIP and FMM before driving south. This saves me the bother of the TIP office in Pichelingue (La Paz)
Thank You.

sherdoggie - 10-18-2019 at 10:03 PM

Is the immigration office in Tijuana open 24 hours? We plan on crossing at 4AM or so to get our FMM's.

kiterkip - 10-19-2019 at 05:46 AM

Still looking for the Vehicle TIP location. In 2011 I drove all over TJ and never found it. Google sent me to an empty lot.
Thank You

David K - 10-19-2019 at 08:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by sherdoggie  
Is the immigration office in Tijuana open 24 hours? We plan on crossing at 4AM or so to get our FMM's.

Yes, so they say... since you need it anytime the border is open. You may have to look around in case he is napping.

wilderone - 10-19-2019 at 09:33 AM

"The temporary vehicle importation permit can ONLY be obtained from Banjercito, the official Mexican issuing agency. It is valid for any type of vehicle weighing less than three tons, for up to six months (180 days). The permit may be purchased online at the Banjercito website or at the Mexico border. One can purchase the permit online 7-60 days prior to travel into Mexico."

kiterkip - 10-19-2019 at 11:08 AM

Thank You, After 9 years of round trips I know what a Banercito is. I know what a TIP is. I only would like information on the location of the Banercito at the San Ysidro entry point. I have gotten the TIP online, but this year time won't allow that process as I'm only home for a Christmas week in the USA.
I've usually got my TIP at the BCFerry dock in Pichelingue/La Paz but that has it's own time eater.
3 years ago I arrived for the 8PM departure at 3:05 PM....Turns out the Banercito at the dock closes at 3PM because it's connected to Mexico City banks time zone. Had to cancel, re-secure passage, wait two days.
Thank You

bajaguy - 10-19-2019 at 11:51 AM

Banjercito Office San Ysidro/Tijuana

Open Monday thru Sunday - Abierto Lunes a Domingo 07:00 - 23:00 hrs.

José María Laronque 471, Col. Federal, Puerto Fronterizo Puerta México Chaparral, Tijuana, B.C.N., C.P. 22310

664-682-3182

kiterkip - 10-19-2019 at 09:36 PM

Thank You