BajaNomad

New Sentri lane directions mexicali west

tecatero - 10-25-2019 at 01:53 PM

I heard new Sentri lane opened in July, but can someone chime in on whether it’s easy, difficult or fool proof to find ? I was told it’s no longer next to the standard lanes like before This is for Calexico west crossing. Any info is greatly appreciated. Seems some maps are updated others are not

Pacifico - 10-25-2019 at 03:41 PM

It's super easy!

If coming north on the 5, turn left on Czda. James W. Stone. Then, continue to Boulevard de los Presidentes and make a right. Continue north into the Sentri lanes!

Probably the easiest Sentri lanes to get into! Mexicali east is easy too...

Bajazly - 10-25-2019 at 04:06 PM

Hit the border fence about half way BETWEEN east and west crossing, turn west and stay in the left lane, follow medical lane and you are in the sentri lanes. The left lane is to the left of the double yellow lines, it is a one way street. The right lanes are all traffic so you will be next to the regular lanes.

larryC - 10-26-2019 at 07:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Hit the border fence about half way BETWEEN east and west crossing, turn west and stay in the left lane, follow medical lane and you are in the sentri lanes. The left lane is to the left of the double yellow lines, it is a one way street. The right lanes are all traffic so you will be next to the regular lanes.

Those sound like the directions to the old sentri lane, Pacifico gave directions that are the same as my last experience. But if you end up at the old Sentri crossing there are signs directing you to the new sentri gate.
The last time I went north and used the Sentri gate I used google maps on my phone and it directed right to the Sentri lane.

[Edited on 10-26-2019 by larryC]

mjs - 10-26-2019 at 08:29 AM

There is construction on the new Mexican approach. Currently the Sentri entrance has reverted back to the original lanes along the border fence, left of the regular lanes.

Valid as of our last crossing on Oct 17.

[Edited on 10-26-2019 by mjs]

tecatero - 10-27-2019 at 06:08 AM

Thank you guys. I did hear they shifted back to old lanes last week due to construction

larryC - 10-27-2019 at 07:43 AM

Didn't know about the new construction so Bajazly is correct (of course). I'm not heading up until mid December so it will probably change by then.