BajaNomad

El Centro or Calexico

bajafreaks - 12-4-2019 at 04:37 PM

I'm crossing at Mexicali West in about 3 weeks staying the night before in El Centro or Calexico. Any recommendations on a decent motel prefer somewhere safe I'm going to have a truck load of stuff including an ATV. Thanks

[Edited on 12-5-2019 by bajafreaks]

Paco Facullo - 12-4-2019 at 04:54 PM

I've only stayed here once and I was satisfied with everything...

Travelodge by Wyndham El Centro

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/travelodge/el-centro-californi...

JZ - 12-5-2019 at 09:45 PM

El Centro is better. Best bet is to get a place you can back your truck right up to your door. Take anything super valuable into the motel. Put other stuff in the cab.

The area around the Travel Lodge isn't very good. I'd pass on that.

Maybe consider Brawley

John M - 12-5-2019 at 10:03 PM

Brawley Inn on the north side of town, HWY 86 is pretty nice. More upscale is the Best Western Plus also in Brawley. Only 15 minutes further from the border.

El Centro - also stay away from the Quality Inn - Hwy 8 & Imperial

John M

honda tom - 12-5-2019 at 11:27 PM

have had good luck at the Rodeo inn el centro on the hwy 8. about 40 bucs and a safe parking area just a few feet from your room. free continental breakfast starts at 6am.... gets you to the border quick!

baja99 - 12-15-2019 at 03:34 PM

El Centro.

Nicest hotels are at the mall. Hampton Inn is probably the least expensive, then Townplace by Marriott. Restaurants nearby. Quick on and off the freeway to head out in the am.

Jennifer

Justbozo - 12-16-2019 at 07:43 AM

I've stayed several times at the Holiday Inn Express in Calexico.
Well over $40 but clean, modern, friendly and blocks off the border. Hot breakfast included, Applebee's next door (10% discount), paved lighted parking. I have an enclosed cargo trailer no problems.
Nice clean Walmart across the street. Many other stores in the same plaza.
Very handy for West or East crossings.

bajafreaks - 12-16-2019 at 07:47 AM

Forgot to mention, dog friendly ?

Lee - 12-16-2019 at 12:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajafreaks  
I'm crossing at Mexicali West in about 3 weeks staying the night before in El Centro or Calexico. Any recommendations on a decent motel prefer somewhere safe I'm going to have a truck load of stuff including an ATV. Thanks

[Edited on 12-5-2019 by bajafreaks]

Of course you have an alarm system on your truck.