BajaNomad

What part of Baja is the best?

JZ - 12-16-2019 at 08:32 PM

What area do you love the most?

[Edited on 12-17-2019 by JZ]

AKgringo - 12-16-2019 at 08:41 PM

South east side from La Ventana to Cabo Pulmo!

Paco Facullo - 12-16-2019 at 08:46 PM

The best dirt in Baja is the dirt that's under my feet at the moment !!

Other than that , way too many to list . I LOVE it all !!

mtgoat666 - 12-16-2019 at 08:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
What part of Baja is the best?

That information is top secret :P

This is a poll!

AKgringo - 12-16-2019 at 09:02 PM

Four people posted, but only two votes have been counted. Do your Nomadic duty, and vote!

Paco Facullo - 12-16-2019 at 09:19 PM

I SO hate to vote as I love both,,,, but If'n I HAD to chose,,,,,,

I chose BOTH !!!

David K - 12-16-2019 at 09:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Four people posted, but only two votes have been counted. Do your Nomadic duty, and vote!

There are two more choices missing to allow everyone a choice:
3) both
4) neither

Paco Facullo - 12-16-2019 at 09:31 PM

And,,,,

5) Pacific side

6) Sea of Cortez

Heck, this things gettin complicated !!

[Edited on 12-17-2019 by Paco Facullo]

thebajarunner - 12-16-2019 at 10:44 PM

Catavina

bajatrailrider - 12-16-2019 at 11:59 PM

North Baja all day long always liked it better then South for dirt bikes.:)

shari - 12-17-2019 at 08:30 AM

Central BAja Pacific side for all round better climate with maximum sunny days,villages have that old time Baja feel with very few expats, and pristine beaches with groovy waves...I like it wild! which is why I love living here in Asuncion!

AKgringo - 12-17-2019 at 09:37 AM

For year a round location, Shari knows best! I would not like to spend a summer in some of my favorite winter locations.

Edit; I may have just voted for the south again while checking the count!

[Edited on 12-17-2019 by AKgringo]

Marc - 12-17-2019 at 05:40 PM

I keep going back to Mulegé & Baía Concepción.

Mulege Canuck - 12-17-2019 at 06:05 PM

I live on a small island with 700 people. Mulege feels like home to me. No big crowds.

advrider - 12-17-2019 at 06:50 PM

I vote Norte only because I can't pick both and because Catavina is in the North as bajatrailrider pointed out!

Don Pisto - 12-17-2019 at 06:57 PM

shari's correct, coastal anyway Vizcaino is all we have left.....:(

bajarich - 12-17-2019 at 06:58 PM

The coast, and of course, the mountains and desert.

msawin - 12-17-2019 at 09:42 PM

Geeze, this is tough. But really easy. The best part is crossing the boarder. Then of course, THE true BEST is where we are heading too.

windgrrl - 12-17-2019 at 10:25 PM

In the lost spaces between the coyote choir and the sifting sand.

KasloKid - 12-17-2019 at 10:58 PM

It's a tough question to answer... I liken it to asking which child of yours do you like best?
If it has sand, rock or dirt, water, cacti, solitude, mountains, happy genuine people, then that's where I want to return to.

Marc - 12-18-2019 at 07:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KasloKid  
It's a tough question to answer... I liken it to asking which child of yours do you like best?
If it has sand, rock or dirt, water, cacti, solitude, mountains, happy genuine people, then that's where I want to return to.

I like my youngest daughter the best.;);)

jacemont - 12-23-2019 at 06:32 AM

I just love all of Baja California Sur. Specially on the park where Tinted Concrete Sealers are applied really looks good. If you don't know what Tinted Concrete Sealer is, check out https://bestdrivewaysealers.org/best-concrete-sealer/tinted-...

[Edited on 1-19-2020 by jacemont]

mtgoat666 - 12-23-2019 at 06:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Man_With_Gas  
If you're self sufficient in fixing all functions of your house/property it's ALL great.

If you're not self sufficient you HAVE to be in larger cities to obtain help/workers.

To me, this is the real criteria of 'living' on the Baja. For an expat ignoring this is foolish.

A bad part of baja is gringos calling it “the baja.”

4x4abc - 12-23-2019 at 08:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
If you're self sufficient in fixing all functions of your house/property it's ALL great.

If you're not self sufficient you HAVE to be in larger cities to obtain help/workers.

To me, this is the real criteria of 'living' on the Baja. For an expat ignoring this is foolish.

Hey GoatShagger - trying to stir the pot & antagonize as usual I can see. I thought being Christmas it would even have 'would be' bullies like you being less hostile, clearly I'm incorrect.

Okay, I'll be technically correct for you even though the OP's post subject title calls it "Baja" It's officially 'Baja California Peninsula'

By the way, where do you live & why are you even on this site?

Now go & get a life & do something meaningful with yourself. Also, go & hug your mother as it may subdue your aggression for a moment.

pointing out something that is as correct as 2+2=4 is from hostile bullies?
Well, then stick to 5.

and to correct another "5" - there are Baja California and Baja California Sur.
Nada mas

mtgoat666 - 12-23-2019 at 08:57 AM

Hey GoatShagger - trying to stir the pot & antagonize as usual I can see. I thought being Christmas it would even have 'would be' bullies like you being less hostile, clearly I'm incorrect.

Okay, I'll be technically correct for you even though the OP's post subject title calls it "Baja" It's officially 'Baja California Peninsula'

By the way, where do you live & why are you even on this site?

Now go & get a life & do something meaningful with yourself. Also, go & hug your mother as it may subdue your aggression for a moment.

you seem to not comprehend that the problem with your words was using "the" in "the baja." Don't do that. :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:lol:

4x4abc - 12-23-2019 at 09:19 AM

I find the area between Arroyo Agua Las Palmitas and Arroyo Alfredo most enchanting.
between Punta Bufeo and the mountains

BajaBill74 - 12-23-2019 at 09:55 AM

From Mulege to Coco's beach.

David K - 12-23-2019 at 01:08 PM

Now we are getting really detailed locations! LOL

My favorite camping spot [just a few hours from home] is between Rancho Percebú and Bahía Santa María and between the Gulf of California (aka Sea of Cortez) and Estero Percebú (aka Laguna Percebú). A place I have called "Shell Island" since 1978. Some maps call it "Isla San Martin" after a failed camp business, 1 miles south of Percebú, from about 2005.

bajafreaks - 12-23-2019 at 04:53 PM

A table near the window facing the Sea at the Rancho Buena Vista Bar.

mtgoat666 - 12-23-2019 at 05:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
A place I have called "Shell Island" since 1978. Some maps call it "Isla San Martin" after a failed camp business, 1 miles south of Percebú, from about 2005.

I think the sand spit has been called isla san martin since long before you were born :light:

Why do you assume the business failed? :?:

JZ - 12-23-2019 at 05:54 PM

The most beautiful mountains are the stretch along MX 1 from Loreto to the turn off to Agua Verde.

Nothing prettier in Baja mountain wise.

David K - 12-23-2019 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
A place I have called "Shell Island" since 1978. Some maps call it "Isla San Martin" after a failed camp business, 1 miles south of Percebú, from about 2005.

I think the sand spit has been called isla san martin since long before you were born :light:

Why do you assume the business failed? :?:

Well, because it doesn't exist anymore. :lol:

[Edited on 12-26-2019 by David K]

bajatrailrider - 12-24-2019 at 11:00 AM

I think wrong header What part Baja best. Should be what part Baja you like best?

defrag4 - 12-24-2019 at 12:45 PM

The most beautiful mountains are the stretch along MX 1 from Loreto to the turn off to Agua Verde.

thats the truth

Lee - 12-24-2019 at 01:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by defrag4  

thats the truth

Agreed.

Gigantas. They seem prehistoric.

Wouldn’t use best. Starting in Tecate thru Cabo, I just love it. Prefer the seclusion of San Pedrito, Pesky, overall.

motoged - 12-24-2019 at 01:21 PM

The sand between my toes...and the ocean just over there a bit...

Alm - 12-24-2019 at 01:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
And,,,,

5) Pacific side

6) Sea of Cortez

Heck, this things gettin complicated !!

And,

7) What time of the year you are there, for how long, and what exactly you're doing there - fishing, kayaking, making noise in desert on ATV or moto or doing nothing, sitting on the porch.

IMO, the best part is where there is the least population, especially expats and tourists. This changes with time, and has already changed to the point when it is difficult to find a nice permanent spot. There are still nice spots out there, but I agree with the Goat - this should be a top secret.

bajatrailrider - 12-25-2019 at 12:08 PM

Don't worry top secret places are not shared with tourests.;)

Alm - 12-25-2019 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Don't worry top secret places are not shared with tourests.;)

I have a feeling that neither the OP nor some other members happily exchanging location details, are expats. Just live close to the border and frequenting Baja for a day or two, from time to time. For those I am glad to offer an advice that never gets old, IMO: discover it on your own, it's more fun this way.
Happy holidays.

BajaDanD - 12-25-2019 at 04:41 PM

If we're talking about best place to live in Baja I would say Bahia Asuncion. As far as Best place to go there are too many variables and so many things to do.

Alm - 12-26-2019 at 01:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaDanD  
If we're talking about best place to live in Baja I would say Bahia Asuncion.

... And even this narrowed down version of the OP question is still difficult to answer. If you live in BA all year round... possibly... not too hot in summer, though winder is on the cold-er and windier side than some other places. Not the best for kayaking or snorkeling, and hundreds miles from the closest half-decent hospital. There is something to be said about a question that even several wise men can't answer.