BajaNomad

Tow car broke down

RenoJoe - 2-3-2020 at 01:04 PM

RenoJoe - 2-3-2020 at 01:13 PM

my 2005 honda pilot awd needs right rear lower control arm assembly and tire and axle. I'm in Asuncion honda is at hyw 1 at Bay of L. A. turn off.

RenoJoe - 2-3-2020 at 01:16 PM

I mean left rear

micah202 - 2-3-2020 at 02:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RenoJoe  
my 2005 honda pilot awd needs right rear lower control arm assembly and tire and axle. I'm in Asuncion honda is at hyw 1 at Bay of L. A. turn off.

The value of a comma... I was thinking there's an 'Ascunsion Honda' dealer....so whats the problem!? :yes:

Sorry for your woes,, hopefully the right magic happens soon.

Otherwise,, a good reminder to service front ends and suspensions,,, Baja roads are a full-ON test for those.

David K - 2-3-2020 at 02:19 PM

Reno, are you up to sharing what happened and where? Keeping this thread going with new posts can help bring more eyes to it.
Photos too... You can email any to me if you can't post them to yourself (info *at* vivabaja.com)

Also, following micah's comments, you can edit your posts for corrections or to delete anything or the whole post. The edit button is next to the box containing your post.

chuckie - 2-3-2020 at 02:35 PM

Didn't you have a lot of problems with the last car you tried to drive down? You might be looking for a new car dealer..???

mtgoat666 - 2-3-2020 at 03:02 PM

Drive slower and it is easier to avoid the potholes. If you want to drive fast, get a beefier suspension than is on pilot. Faster you drive, the sneakier the potholes :light:

4x4abc - 2-3-2020 at 03:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by micah202  

Otherwise,, a good reminder to service front ends and suspensions,,, Baja roads are a full-ON test for those.

you are right!
Always service your front ends and suspensions to prevent the rear suspension from failing.

micah202 - 2-3-2020 at 03:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Quote: Originally posted by micah202  

you are right!
Always service your front ends and suspensions to prevent the rear suspension from failing.

:tumble:;D:spingrin:

....awright smarty. I perceived the OP was referring to parts of the front end and steering. I guess perhaps there's control arms in the rear of cars now as well.

[Edited on 2-3-2020 by micah202]

AKgringo - 2-3-2020 at 03:59 PM

It is one thing to swerve to miss potholes with a Honda Pilot, much more difficult when it is a "towed" vehicle attached to a motorhome!

Let mw know if you need me to visit some of the La Paz area wrecking yards to see if they happen to have one of those critters in the yard.

I won't be pulling parts for you, but will forward the yard's contact info to you.

mtgoat666 - 2-3-2020 at 05:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
It is one thing to swerve to miss potholes with a Honda Pilot, much more difficult when it is a "towed" vehicle attached to a motorhome!

Let mw know if you need me to visit some of the La Paz area wrecking yards to see if they happen to have one of those critters in the yard.

I won't be pulling parts for you, but will forward the yard's contact info to you.

Hmmmm...
I thought the op was asking for a tow. The problem with unclear writing, is you have to guess wtf are they communicating....