BajaNomad

My Favorite Easter Carol

bajabuddha - 4-11-2020 at 05:16 PM

(to the tune of "Puff The Magic Dragon")

Christ, the magic savior, born by the sea

In a tiny fishing town by the name of Galileeeee....

His mother was a vir--gin, his father was a Jew.

And if you had a family tree like that,

They'd cru--ci--fy----- YOU ------- TOOOOOO.

Thank you.

After IMPOTUS wished us all a "HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY" were Jesus was tortured, impaled, and killed (sooo happy!) I hear he's gonna do an impromptu presser again extolling where He rolled the rock, stepped into the sunshine, and exclaimed,

"NOPE! SIX MORE WEEKS!"

Most of his pseudo-xmas geeks will approve whole heartedly while their god will protect them from mass-worship.

SMDH

paranewbi - 4-12-2020 at 06:03 AM

Read this morning in Mexico News Daily where some expats were cited as providing an ongoing income to their domestic workers during the stay at home time. The author sourced his information from forums of expats in many areas of Mexico. They all expressed concern for their workers and the maintaining their income while unable to perform duties. Many committing to maintaining their support for the duration of need.

What a beautiful testament to 'loving your neighbor' on this day of remembrance.

Perhaps, might be a day to consider adopting a family in your community, that needs a helping hand. Especially pertinent to our expat friends who live in small communities in Baja.

pacificobob - 4-12-2020 at 07:02 AM

Perhaps you would consider helping your neighbors in need right there in san diego.
I actually put our 2 helpers on paid leave prior to your helpful suggestion.

paranewbi - 4-12-2020 at 07:54 AM

Family in Guatemala for 17 years
Ask Blanca about my support for those in Baja
Widow next door
Retired Pastor and wife in late 80'2 for seven years
Inmates at California prisons up and down state for 8 years
Orphanages in Tijuana
Individuals in Tecate
Migrant center in Tecate (nuns at Catholic church)

Would rather set a standard than write about it... but you asked.

pacificobob - 4-12-2020 at 08:09 AM

A regular mother Teresa. Except for the self promotion. Btw, i asked no question.

John Harper - 4-12-2020 at 08:16 AM

Happy Easter, paranewbi! Your generosity is appreciated and will be rewarded.

John

paranewbi - 4-12-2020 at 08:42 AM

Sorry PacBob I took the insinuation as if I advocated something I don't do myself. Part of the bane of texting.

Thanks John