BajaNomad

Need to do something with burros

Alm - 4-16-2020 at 10:09 AM

Translation: On the photo the soldier is carrying a burro. Not because he likes him but because the area is full of mines, and if you let f-king burro walk free and do what it wants, it'll blow itself up and everybody else. Moral of the story: in difficult times you need to keep under control those f-king burros that don't understand anything and don't care to.

AKgringo - 4-16-2020 at 10:15 AM

Where, and why, would there be land mines in Mexico?

del mar - 4-16-2020 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Where, and why, would there be land mines in Mexico?

the photo had nothing to do with land mines....just a starving donkey getting a ride

Alm - 4-16-2020 at 10:25 AM

AK, see the original text - the photo is from la segunda guerra mundial. Read between the lines, too :)

[Edited on 4-16-2020 by Alm]

Paco Facullo - 4-16-2020 at 10:34 AM

While the Donkey is thinking " Hey, aren't I the one that supposed to be carrying you ?

Then thinkin' " I could get used to THIS " !

AKgringo - 4-16-2020 at 10:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
AK, see the original text - the photo is from la segunda guerra mundial. Read between the lines, too :)

I am not familiar with the publication. Who is their usual target, AMLO?

Not for a moment did I consider that there actually are land mines in Mexico, that is why I used would in the question. In other words, fake news, rather than a satire piece.

Alm - 4-16-2020 at 10:48 AM

Donkeys getting used to this could indeed be a problem later, though likely a temporary one.

bajabuddha - 4-16-2020 at 11:16 AM

That's whatcha call draggin' yer azz on maneuvers. :biggrin:

caj13 - 4-16-2020 at 12:01 PM

Thats the problem with Morals of the Story. Those that the moral is intended for, they often don't recognize it.

Dumb Burros!

Alm - 4-16-2020 at 01:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
Those that the moral is intended for, they often don't recognize it.

You're onto something here.

As to the fake news... One could, in theory, cook up some photo but with 1936-1939 war in Spain there is probably no need to.

white whale - 4-16-2020 at 01:46 PM

Spanish lesson AND well thought out message. Could easily slide into ad campaigns for any number of issues. Took a few reads.

---------------------
on a side note where do the real burros hide out in Baja? Are there some major numbers in the wild .. and vs the horse?

RFClark - 4-16-2020 at 02:52 PM

Actually Burros are quite useful! The Cartels set tripwire boobytraps and afterward there’s always “Carnitas de Atropellados” which are vastly better than the “Rat Bars” or MREs” the Mexican army usually doesn’t have!

RFClark - 4-16-2020 at 02:59 PM

Wild horses can often be seen at the airport turnoff south of San Felipe. There’s about a dozen wild horses that come out of the hills north of Papa Fernando's about 20 Km. There are often Burros, horses and a few crosses on the road over to L.A. Bay Early morning or around Sundown.

ZipLine - 4-16-2020 at 03:10 PM

Read between the lines, too :)

If I read between the lines it says people are stupid and the government must tell them what to do? What other interpretations are there?

And/or only the government (symbolized by the soldier) can save us stupid burros...

Don't freak out - I'm just asking.

[Edited on 4-16-2020 by ZipLine]

ZipLine - 4-16-2020 at 03:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
AK, see the original text - the photo is from la segunda guerra mundial. Read between the lines, too

According to Snopes,
"The picture actually dates from 1958, during the Algerian War (i.e., a war for independence waged against French forces in Colonial Algeria). And it depicts a starving donkey that was rescued by a member of the French Foreign Legion who carried it back to his base, where the animal was nursed back to health, given the name “Bambi,” and adopted as a unit mascot..."

[Edited on 4-16-2020 by lencho]

He certainly looks like he is enjoying himself/herself/zerself

bajabuddha - 4-16-2020 at 04:19 PM

........And so, the Tijuana Donkey Dong Show was born...... :o

RFClark - 4-16-2020 at 04:39 PM

When I was 18 it was a pony! There was also an entertainer who picked up coins off the table w/o using their hands, feet or mouth! Not seen but rumored another entertainer who was quite accurate hitting patrons with ping pong balls! Life was simpler then! Beer was cheaper too!

C205Driver - 4-16-2020 at 05:15 PM

..... Think..... Where did the word “ burrito “ come from? ...

Paco Facullo - 4-16-2020 at 05:30 PM

RFClark,

Oh ya, I experienced that also ,except'n I was in Olongapo City...

Ping-pong balls Oh yes... There was also some kind of magic trick that involved disappearing bananas ...

[Edited on 4-17-2020 by Paco Facullo]

RFClark - 4-16-2020 at 05:36 PM

Vejo TJ! It was unique! The “Zona Rosa” in Mexico City was tame by comparison. Ah, The stories!

RFClark - 4-16-2020 at 05:44 PM

Many years ago I had the “opportunity” to work with a young lady who could hold a complete large yellow banana by the stem with her teeth, in a way you might be able to imagine!

bajagregg - 4-16-2020 at 07:23 PM

Chances are that donkey was consumed as food. I was in the Piedmont area in northern Italy a year ago in a nice restaurant where the chef came out and visited our table with some recommendations. The top of his list was donkey and, being an adventurous diner, I ordered it. Delicious.

[Edited on 4-17-2020 by bajagregg]

BajaTed - 4-16-2020 at 07:54 PM

They are not Burros, they are Desert Elk.
Echo Lodge, Parker AZ 1972, BBQ'd Elk every Sunday

Paco Facullo - 4-16-2020 at 08:03 PM

I've always said that I'd eat,,,

" Lamb, Ram, Sheep & Mutt, Bull, Beef, Bacon , Balls and Bear"

Guess I'ma gunna havet'a add Donkey ....

Although IF Donkey penis is on the menu, might have to take a HARD pass .........

Can't imagine that I'd ever be hungry enough to consume 6 lbs. of prime mussel .....

[Edited on 4-17-2020 by Paco Facullo]