BajaNomad

Baja Road Report

coconuts - 5-4-2020 at 08:39 AM

Getting on the road(HWY 1) tomorrow, for the trip the entire length of Baja. Never received any feedback on requests of any certain spots to check out? In fact I think my post was removed seeking feedback. I am assuming no one wants a road condition report from 20 N of Cabo to San Diego?? Including Pictures! Check Point locations!

Unless I hear some feed back and perhaps the deleted post restored I won't waste my time as I'll see what is really happening will know what to expect on our return. Thought I'd share that info

Good Luck arm chair travelers on getting the truth on what's happening on the Baja Peninsula.

Keep talking politics, not Baja......

David K - 5-4-2020 at 09:11 AM

Posts are not deleted if they are not offensive. It was moved to the correct forum most likely. If it was "Off Topic" than there is a special forum for that, too. Doug rarely deletes posts.

I guess you are in Cabo already so this is for the drive north, as Mexico is closed to tourists coming south. Only essential travel, etc.

As for what to check out... You can get a ton of ideas from the trip reports forum here.

EDIT: I looked at the 11 posts you made and do not see your question... Maybe I missed it?
This is what we need to help you:
What are you driving (2WD or 4WD)
How many days do you want to take to the border?
What kind of sites are you interested in (historic, beaches, geology, etc.)?
Usually we ask if you are camping or need motels. But, I think motels are mostly closed?

[Edited on 5-4-2020 by David K]

AKgringo - 5-4-2020 at 09:18 AM

I hope your journey is smooth, and uneventful on your way north! I would make the drive if I was in your shoes, but I am up north wanting to head south as soon as things are right to travel.

I would appreciate your report, no so much about any particular location, but on the mood and any particular changes in services available.

For years now, I make it a habit of waving to anyone on the side of the road, or oncoming vehicles on the back roads, especially when I used to travel on the mainland. If no one waves back, I try to be more aware of my surroundings.

One of the things I love about Baja is that I almost always get a smile and a wave back, I hope that never changes!

coconuts - 5-5-2020 at 11:46 AM

David K,

Finalizing Packing right now. When I get a chance I'll post you the original post that was deleted. THX

Paco Facullo - 5-5-2020 at 12:03 PM

coconuts,

Will you be taking the 1 all the way or take the 5 also ?

A post yesterday said that South-bound above San Felipe that 25 cars were turned around.

Wonder IF the same might happen going North.

If you do take Hwy 1 all the way, at Catavina there is Santa Ynez,
where you should be able to camp if hotels are closed.

Regardless, your journey will be interesting to fallow, the BEST of luck to you.

David K - 5-5-2020 at 04:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by coconuts  
David K,

Finalizing Packing right now. When I get a chance I'll post you the original post that was deleted. THX

I am happy to offer help or suggestions.

Feathers - 5-5-2020 at 04:15 PM

Much appreciated. Look forward to your trip report.

coconuts - 5-6-2020 at 12:30 PM

DavidK,

This is my first post that was deleted , I REALLY want to talk BAJA and not Politics but almost every post gets twisted and ends up into a political. SO IF it's politics then here's some politics. HOWEVER, LET'S GET "UNITED" AND BACK TO TALKING BAJA!

Getting ready to Blast off and drive from a Ranch on Migrino Beach (North of Cabo 20 miles) and drive to San Diego . We will be posting a trip report on what we find. Our plan is Hwy 1 all the way, but if conditions dictate will divert and use Hwy 5. If anyone has a particular turn off, area or point of interest to check out, please post and we'll check it out. During COVID 19 I've had a lot of time to read Baja Nomad and could not believe that the Baja Nomad site has turned to so many political commentary forums. With that said I am disappointed that BN is so political rather than about the peninsula we all love.

SO I want to go back to Baja happenings and post a nice trip report, that in these times, I'm sure almost everyone would like to hear. HOWEVER since everyone is so political now, there is a catch, a little homework so to speak. With all the time at home have got to watch a lot of reruns on the Baja internet. One of those was to watch election night November 2016 on MSNBC with Brian Williams, Rachael Maddow, Chris Matthews, Eugene Robinson, Lawrence O'Donnell, James Carvelle and others. Just about everyone would certainly agree one of the most left democratic channels and certainly hates Trump.

As you watch the MSNBC news coverage you'll see it starts out as the coronation of the First woman President of the USA, Hilary Clinton. The brain trust of the left wing news coverage is certainly MSNBC news!! Below is the point I hope you'll ALL take the time to watch!! As a detailed Baja Road condition report will follow if the homework is done.

MSNBC news starts taking about our divided nation! They go on to say that after Hillary wins the election(which they think is a DONE DEAL by their skewed polls). MSNBC star newscasters say that Donald Trump needs to take the Republican party and tell them to "unite" behind the new President Clinton!!! Then the night goes on and suddenly when it looks like trump is going to win, Rachael Maddow reports with her infinite wisdom, "Trump has won and the world stock markets are crashing!". FAR FROM IT. Even after COVID 19, the stock market is up 25% +!!

Now why doesn't MSNBC take their own advice that their knowledgeable star political experts gave for Trump and ask Hillary to ask her party to unite behind the new President THAT WON the election? My guess is they are HYPOCRITES!!! instead THEY GO with impeachment. Publish and cover lines by a "classy" congresswoman, "Impeach THE MOTHER Fker" and while the nations attention is on the impeachment, a virus comes in!!!!

HYPOCRITES!!!! Practice what you preach MSNBC!!! Perhaps Trump is absolutely correct you and CNN are FAKE NEWS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R3qZadaxwc PART 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaCA3QEKnbU PART 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlLA7DtGr9g PART 3

DO your HOMEWORK and a detailed BAJA road condition report is coming...….

Enjoy the programs. Hopefully it will be enlighten on the HYPOCRATIC news and Democratic Party.....

IF this doesn't get deleted a fine report is coming

ALOHA NUI LOA

Bajazly - 5-6-2020 at 12:48 PM

Why make a big post threatening a trip report and turn it into past political events? If you want to post a trip report, just do it, don't think your report is so over the top people are going to beg you for it.

David K - 5-6-2020 at 01:23 PM

Coconuts, you have the opportunity to post your trip report... So, please do.
I see it very clearly why it was moved or deleted if that (above) is all you posted (without a report).
It's okay that you have strong feelings about Fake News networks, but they do not belong on a Baja forum unless it is Baja News, and there is a forum here for that.
So, try again amigo!

Lee - 5-6-2020 at 03:08 PM

DavidK,

This is my first post that was deleted , I REALLY want to talk BAJA and not Politics but almost every post gets twisted and ends up into a political. SO IF it's politics then here's some politics. HOWEVER, LET'S GET "UNITED" AND BACK TO TALKING BAJA!

Getting ready to Blast off and drive from a Ranch on Migrino Beach (North of Cabo 20 miles) and drive to San Diego . We will be posting a trip report on what we find. Our plan is Hwy 1 all the way, but if conditions dictate will divert and use Hwy 5. If anyone has a particular turn off, area or point of interest to check out, please post and we'll check it out. During COVID 19 I've had a lot of time to read Baja Nomad and could not believe that the Baja Nomad site has turned to so many political commentary forums. With that said I am disappointed that BN is so political rather than about the peninsula we all love.

SO I want to go back to Baja happenings and post a nice trip report, that in these times, I'm sure almost everyone would like to hear. HOWEVER since everyone is so political now, there is a catch, a little homework so to speak. With all the time at home have got to watch a lot of reruns on the Baja internet. One of those was to watch election night November 2016 on MSNBC with Brian Williams, Rachael Maddow, Chris Matthews, Eugene Robinson, Lawrence O'Donnell, James Carvelle and others. Just about everyone would certainly agree one of the most left democratic channels and certainly hates Trump.

As you watch the MSNBC news coverage you'll see it starts out as the coronation of the First woman President of the USA, Hilary Clinton. The brain trust of the left wing news coverage is certainly MSNBC news!! Below is the point I hope you'll ALL take the time to watch!! As a detailed Baja Road condition report will follow if the homework is done.

MSNBC news starts taking about our divided nation! They go on to say that after Hillary wins the election(which they think is a DONE DEAL by their skewed polls). MSNBC star newscasters say that Donald Trump needs to take the Republican party and tell them to "unite" behind the new President Clinton!!! Then the night goes on and suddenly when it looks like trump is going to win, Rachael Maddow reports with her infinite wisdom, "Trump has won and the world stock markets are crashing!". FAR FROM IT. Even after COVID 19, the stock market is up 25% +!!

Now why doesn't MSNBC take their own advice that their knowledgeable star political experts gave for Trump and ask Hillary to ask her party to unite behind the new President THAT WON the election? My guess is they are HYPOCRITES!!! instead THEY GO with impeachment. Publish and cover lines by a "classy" congresswoman, "Impeach THE MOTHER Fker" and while the nations attention is on the impeachment, a virus comes in!!!!

HYPOCRITES!!!! Practice what you preach MSNBC!!! Perhaps Trump is absolutely correct you and CNN are FAKE NEWS

Enjoy the programs. Hopefully it will be enlighten on the HYPOCRATIC news and Democratic Party.....

ALOHA NUI LOA

Couldn't be happier this garbage get's deleted or moved.

Everyone offended here needs to ''report'' these posts.

chippy - 5-6-2020 at 04:19 PM

Coconuts:lol::lol::lol::lol: What a joke you say you want more baja and no politics, then you spew politics. I can live without your report.

[Edited on 5-6-2020 by chippy]

bajabuddha - 5-6-2020 at 04:21 PM

What he said. :rolleyes: and Lee said :rolleyes:

[Edited on 5-6-2020 by bajabuddha]

Pacifico - 5-6-2020 at 05:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
DavidK,

ALOHA NUI LOA

Couldn't be happier this garbage get's deleted or moved.

Everyone offended here needs to ''report'' these posts.

Don't like it? Move on... Funny how it's ok when you guys post your stuff! Must bring back more tears like in 2016!!!

Pacifico - 5-6-2020 at 05:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Boo Hoo! Great memories from election night!!! What did you tell me? Trump you???

Pacifico - 5-6-2020 at 05:16 PM

Anyway, I look forward to your trip report Coconut!

bajabuddha - 5-6-2020 at 08:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  
Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Boo Hoo! Great memories from election night!!! What did you tell me? Trump you???

I said, leave this CHIT in the OT where it, and YOU BELONG. Now go away boy, you bother me. :P:P:P:P

Cabo to San Diego

coconuts - 5-9-2020 at 07:25 AM

Just crossed the border in San Diego from Cabo! Looks like my old post was ended. But thanks to Lee, Bajabuddha, Chippy., Pacifico and others that left poor comments, no one is that interested in the check points locations, which are numerous. As well as the other VERY pertinent timely information such as where we stayed where the police traps are, etc. Those that left nice words I will attempt to contact directly. Others work on an apology. PS Lee we are neighbors in the strong red community of San Clemente. Were you at Nomads in San Clemente when they were open ??

IN these times I would think that most Baja "Nomads" would be more interested in Baja than politics. I am guessing that it was difficult for some to read between the lines on my initial post as to what I was really saying. I will be home this evening and see what is on this forum and make the final decision to post a detailed report or not.

paranewbi - 5-9-2020 at 07:32 AM

Don't let the wet spot in Lee's pants and his cohorts dissuade you. Please post...and I'm real interested in any eateries you stop at and their personal situation at not having clients to serve. We don't get to hear reports from those without work down south.

From what I have seen, the people in Mexico are getting anxious to get their livelihoods back in gear...without travelers such as you, that is going to be real hard.

coconuts - 5-9-2020 at 07:34 AM

paranewbi, thanks for the Aloha.

David K - 5-9-2020 at 07:42 AM

Because there are a few posters here who like posting politics, do not think that there aren't a LARGE % that are here (and don't post) who want the Baja travel news.

The silent majority wants the trip reports.

Yes, your reposting of the original post was probably moved to Off Topic forum here... You know why... lol.

Ignore the haters and post about Baja! :light:

David K - 5-9-2020 at 07:59 AM

Like Baja itself, old maps are a look back in time... that's why.
I do have my 2018 (30) maps posted here in the Road Conditions forum, and they aren't so old... and I have even updated a few of them to 2020 to show that damn pavement they are pouring onto perfectly good dirt roads, lol! :light:

billklaser - 5-9-2020 at 08:04 AM

My reason for joining Baja Nomads in the first place was to get up to date information on traveling in Baja. Over the years it has become very aggravating to weed through all the name calling, political comments, and generally totally off topic ramblings. It's a shame so much of this nonsense is allowed and tolerated here.

A trip report without politics?

AKgringo - 5-9-2020 at 08:54 AM

That is what I always hope for! In your reply on the "heading north" thread today, you stated that your "homework assignment" was an attempt to get away from politics!

If that was the intent, it failed miserably! I would love to hear about the current events and conditions on the peninsula, but your request for us to view and consider hours of the US 2016 election return coverage comes across as trolling.

If I misunderstood your intent, I will watch for your report, but I am not turning in any homework!

Lee - 5-9-2020 at 09:58 AM

PS Lee we are neighbors in the strong red community of San Clemente. Were you at Nomads in San Clemente when they were open ??

IN these times I would think that most Baja "Nomads" would be more interested in Baja than politics. I am guessing that it was difficult for some to read between the lines on my initial post as to what I was really saying. I will be home this evening and see what is on this forum and make the final decision to post a detailed report or not.

Whoa. Neighbors. Why yes, I was at the Canteen as I support them and biz in town opening and getting on with it. At least 'Nofre is open again. Moving in the right direction.

I must be reacting to a style of writing rather than the writing. Please continue posting your adventures. I'm enjoying the perspective being presented. And excuse the reactionary crew who haven't been South in a long time.

Life really is great in BCS. Except for some police state BS. Ban on alcohol? You've got to be kidding!

Safe travels!