BajaNomad

Corona hideout for rent

4x4abc - 5-13-2020 at 06:16 PM

El Centenario. Small garage house in subtropical garden with pristine pool for rent. Months to month. $600 bucks. Stable singles only. Grumpy old Nomads OK. More on airbnb https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/33074662?source_impression_id=p...

[file]41656[/file]

TMW - 5-13-2020 at 06:26 PM

Nice looking place.

David K - 5-13-2020 at 07:49 PM

It is great! :light:

AKgringo - 5-14-2020 at 06:56 PM

Ok....I have looked all over that photo for the Corona, where did you hide it?

What a nice spot you have Harald!

motoged - 5-14-2020 at 07:02 PM

The beer is on the yellow floaty thingy,,,:coolup:

AKgringo - 5-14-2020 at 08:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

A rookie mistake Ged....Corona is in a clear bottle! Maybe that's why it is so hard to spot!

motoged - 5-14-2020 at 11:15 PM

Rookie correction...I said "the beer"....;)

Didn't know Harald drank only Corona... but if that's all ya got ...:coolup:

[Edited on 5-15-2020 by motoged]

BajaBlanca - 5-15-2020 at 03:49 AM

Looks beautiful!

Paco Facullo - 5-15-2020 at 06:58 AM

90 % of Harald's beer is in his belly, where else would it be ?

Really cool pad, I wish I could live there fur a while... although I'm not certain I'm cranky enough ??

David K - 5-15-2020 at 07:54 AM

Pacifico y nada más!

thebajarunner - 5-15-2020 at 07:59 AM

Better book it soon
Harald and I are working on dates for me

From reading his posts we should have a very merry time at c-cktail hour, given the far wings, left and right, that he and I represent.

Nothing new, my forever Baja traveling partner Baja Vida is pretty liberal. The nice thing, once the topic is Baja we leave the politics behind. Might be a good theme for Nomad to adopt...

Paco Facullo - 5-15-2020 at 08:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
The nice thing, once the topic is Baja we leave the politics behind. Might be a good theme for Nomad to adopt...

If only that were true on this forum ......

One can hope....

David K - 5-15-2020 at 08:41 AM

Better book it soon

From reading his posts we should have a very merry time at c-cktail hour, given the far wings, left and right, that he and I represent.

Nothing new, my forever Baja traveling partner Baja Vida is pretty liberal. The nice thing, once the topic is Baja we leave the politics behind. Might be a good theme for Nomad to adopt...

Harald was my host for several days as I worked out of La Paz for the Baja Bound guide. His guest room was very cool and comfortable in August and his pool was enjoyable, too! Baja Vida and Harald will get along famously!

Mother of Dragons - 5-16-2020 at 06:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Better book it soon

Harald was my host for several days as I worked out of La Paz for the Baja Bound guide. His guest room was very cool and comfortable in August and his pool was enjoyable, too! Baja Vida and Harald will get along famously!

Is that Harald’s house?
I had dinner with Harald in LP. The garlic fish was to die for!

ETA: welp..it is Harald’s as I saw the air bnb..ignore my question lol

[Edited on 5-17-2020 by Mother of Dragons]

David K - 5-17-2020 at 12:44 PM

My time at Harald's compound was only months following his horrific leg injury. I wanted to help. Things he couldn't do was clean the steps in the pool (leaves) that the sweeper can't get to, and water some of his fruit trees. He was pretty amazing in his wheelchair, even helped me repair a flat tire! A very independent individual. His four wheel drive data is great and all online at www.4x4abc.com

4x4abc - 5-17-2020 at 06:56 PM

Thanks David!

I am all better now. Cleaning the pool every day.

[file]41686[/file]

Skully - 8-14-2020 at 04:51 PM

Thats a nice lookin place!

JZ - 8-15-2020 at 07:20 PM

Great looking place for that price.

Skipjack Joe - 8-15-2020 at 09:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Thanks David!

I am all better now.

I, for one, am very glad to hear that.

JDCanuck - 9-1-2021 at 02:58 PM

El Centenario. Small garage house in subtropical garden with pristine pool for rent. Months to month. $600 bucks. Stable singles only. Grumpy old Nomads OK. More on airbnb https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/33074662?source_impression_id=p...

Dang Harald: If your place had been available for our dates (sept 10 to sept 22) it would have been perfect! We'll keep checking back , location: perfect! amenities..perfect for 2 of us!

[Edited on 9-1-2021 by JDCanuck]

Don Pisto - 9-1-2021 at 03:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

A rookie mistake Ged....Corona is in a clear bottle! Maybe that's why it is so hard to spot!

this place abounds with rookies!:lol: you folks haven't seen Corona Familiar in the new 12 oz brown bottles?

[Edited on 9-1-2021 by Don Pisto]

Don Pisto - 9-1-2021 at 09:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
...you folks haven't seen Corona Familiar in the new 12 oz brown bottles?
How long have those been around?

I always assumed Corona Familiar was the 1-liter presentation. :?:

they're quart bottles

Mr. Bills - 9-2-2021 at 08:08 AM

Very nice place.

David K - 9-2-2021 at 09:04 AM

You guys do understand that the 'Corona' Harald is talking about is Covid-19 and this thread is about the renting of his guest room??? ;)

Mulege Canuck - 9-2-2021 at 09:05 AM

I have never met you Harold, but my impression was you lived a more rustic lifestyle. That is a nice place you got there Sir.

4x4abc - 9-2-2021 at 09:18 AM

they're quart bottles

The big ones? That's funny.

I remember one time in Guatemala asking for a 1/2 liter bag of milk and receiving what was clearly a pint. U.S. machines, I assumed.

Wish the whole world would just go metric. :rolleyes:

what a polite way to say that the US is way behind - again

4x4abc - 9-2-2021 at 09:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mulege Canuck  
I have never met you Harold, but my impression was you lived a more rustic lifestyle. That is a nice place you got there Sir.

I do live a rustic, downscaled, simple lifestyle

the place offered is the garage house
I tweaked it so the spoiled will like it
still get negative comments

Don Pisto - 9-2-2021 at 10:04 AM

they're quart bottles

The big ones? That's funny.

I remember one time in Guatemala asking for a 1/2 liter bag of milk and receiving what was clearly a pint. U.S. machines, I assumed.

Wish the whole world would just go metric. :rolleyes:

what a polite way to say that the US is way behind - again

Your words-- and personal agenda-- not mine. :smug:

well then beer wise mexico's right there with us! Corona Familiar now also available in the 40 ounce size...8-Ball anyone?:lol:

4x4abc - 9-2-2021 at 12:05 PM

According to the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency's online The World Factbook (2016), the only countries that have not adopted the metric system are Myanmar (also known as Burma), Liberia and the United States.

We are in good company!