BajaNomad

San Felipe Checkpoint???

Pacifico - 5-19-2020 at 09:03 AM

Good Morning Nomads,

Does anyone have any current info about a (Covid) checkpoint north of San Felipe? Possibly at the military checkpoint?

I'm planning on an early June trip to central Baja going down the 5. Just wondering if they extend the ban, is there a checkpoint going that route?

mjs - 5-19-2020 at 04:42 PM

There have been sporadic inspections at the military checkpoint. Sometimes they ask, sometimes they don't. Sometimes it is the military, sometimes the federal polica. Today the federal police had a checkpoint set up south San Felipe.

Resident permit and proof of home owership will get you through. Otherwise you might get sent back. FYI, most restaurants and hotels are still closed but some of the taco stands are open as are a few restaurants for takeout.

Who knows what the situation will be in a few weeks. Or tomorrow.

[Edited on 5-19-2020 by mjs]

Bajazly - 5-19-2020 at 06:44 PM

I was in town today and all the restaurants were all "para llevar solo". Signs on hotels saying closed due to Corona 19 but saw one with the gate open. Buddy of mine told us of a few new cases here in town. Lots of places in town requiring masks for entry and limiting number of people inside too.