BajaNomad

Alcohol hours ?

ch47pilot - 5-26-2020 at 06:12 AM

Yesterday at 4:10PM I brought a bottle of wine to the check out at the Cabo WalMart and was told that I could only buy alcohol products between 8 and 4pm. How this relates to the Covid issue escapes me, what is the logic?

bajatrailrider - 5-26-2020 at 06:32 AM

In this disorganized country there is no logic

Paco Facullo - 5-26-2020 at 07:15 AM

They also have those kind of laws in Thailand ?

Same same only different as they say in Thailand.

Never could understand it meself ? The first time I was genuinely surprised , like you, after that I just planned ahead.....

ch47pilot - 5-26-2020 at 09:14 AM

No hay problema, got my wine this morning at 0900.

Bajazly - 5-26-2020 at 10:26 AM

And usually you cant buy alcohol before 10am.

motoged - 5-26-2020 at 10:50 AM

Hmmmmmm .... what happens at 4:20 could solve that dilemma :biggrin:

Tioloco - 5-26-2020 at 11:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

And now we have identified the (your) problem

motoged - 5-26-2020 at 11:10 AM

And your "problem", sir, is a lack of a sense of humour....

it seems that the alcoholics out there have a difficult time managing their drug of choice purchases....:rolleyes:

pacificobob - 5-26-2020 at 11:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

And now we have identified the (your) problem

problem? i hope that was just an clumsy, and unsuccessful attempt at humor.

4x4abc - 5-26-2020 at 11:58 AM

La Paz cut off for alcohol is 6pm - 18:00

SFandH - 5-26-2020 at 12:14 PM

Guess they don't want intoxicated people coming back at night for their second or sixth bottle.

I wonder who decided breweries are not essential. I bet he or she has a relative/friend who has an alcohol problem.

Has any other country stopped brewing beer? That almost fits into the "draconian" category.

del mar - 5-26-2020 at 12:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Guess they don't want intoxicated people coming back at night for their second or sixth bottle.

I wonder who decided breweries are not essential. I bet he or she has a relative/friend who has an alcohol problem.

Has any other country stopped brewing beer? That almost fits into the "draconian" category.

seems brewing beer for mexico is non essential yet brewing beer for export to the u.s. is no problemo!.....$$$$:no:

motoged - 5-26-2020 at 12:38 PM

British Columbia (and all Canada) distributes alcohol and marijuana sales through government outlets and some licensed private outlets. At the beginning of pandemic, the gov't acknowledged such sales to be essential and kept them open with mildly reduced hours.

Their rationale was an acknowledgement (of alcohol sales in particular) of current levels of public dependency.....

Why is it that folks talk about alcohol use as if it's a badge of courage.....and then judge folks who may enjoy a puff?

(It's a rhetorical question.....no need to respond).....

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-british-columbia-alcohol-sales-spike-during-pandemic-as-social-cues/

[Edited on 5-26-2020 by motoged]

Feathers - 5-26-2020 at 04:30 PM

Relax, Moto-mouth.

Nobody cares that you're a doper... but Tioloco was right... it does explain a lot.

Thanks for playing. ;)

[Edited on 5-27-2020 by Feathers]

BajaBlanca - 5-26-2020 at 04:40 PM

Ch47pilot Glad you got your wine! NO beer still in La Bocana.

pacificobob - 5-27-2020 at 06:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Feathers  
Relax, Moto-mouth.

Nobody cares that you're a doper... but Tioloco was right... it does explain a lot.

Thanks for playing. ;)

[Edited on 5-27-2020 by Feathers]

As do your comments......but nothing we didn't already know.

TMW - 5-27-2020 at 08:26 AM

While CA has a lot of things I don't like about it alcohol is not one of them. There are a few states (CA and IL for example) where you can buy alcohol in many different outlets, such as grocery stores, drug stores, liquor stores, mini markets, Walmart, and I'm sure many more.

Some states (west Texas) the normal alcohol places are shut down at a certain time or days but you can go to a restaurant and buy any alcohol drink you want 7 days a week. Go figure.

Those who Badly NEED a Drink ................

MrBillM - 5-27-2020 at 09:00 AM

............ A Smoke or a Hit.

Have a problem.

And, it's not supply.

Paco Facullo - 5-27-2020 at 09:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
............ A Smoke or a Hit.

Have a problem.

And, it's not supply.

I don't have a drinking problem, I have a people problem.

Therefore, I drink to deal with the problem.....