BajaNomad

Donations rec'd so far in 2020!

BajaBlanca - 6-18-2020 at 01:42 PM

Before all this craziness started, many came to visit with generous hearts and armfuls of donations for my scholarship kids. I feel so blessed, ever so blessed and want to share the happiness.

In December, while in San Diego, we met up with baja nomad Paranewbi who had wetsuits for Shari/surfers in Bahia Asuncion, laundry detergent for the scholarship students whom I always refer to as my kids. Well, I asked him for shorts for "my kids" and he gave me brand new, beautiful shorts for 5, 6 and 7 year olds!! Never gonna fit the teenage college students LOL but Tidiana (the one who has 7 kids and in exchange for helping clean up gets school tuitions paid for the little ones) and husband Abraham (we paid for his vasectomy)(perhaps one of the best miracles EVER) were very happy to get them for their kids!

We also met up with Mark, who pays tuition for Alondra who is now a senior in college! He donated all the toothpaste for all the kids WOW WOW WOW

Then Kathy and Pat from San Ignacio and JBCoug came with so much to give, Oh My Gosh!! All of the donations are for the annual Christmas party at the end of the year:

Reusable grocery bags for all the students! This is so cool.

Make up bags and make up for the ladies!

The most beautiful laptop that soon after was given to a scholarship student who needed one to be able to zoom college classes during the pandemic. Talk about the heavens conspiring to make this possible!

Here we are (Pat/Kathy)at breakfast at the Cabanas Restaurant here in La Bocana. That is not going to happen again anytime soon as they are still only open for take out. I do miss meeting old friends and making new ones. I know Baja Sur has officially reopened but we are not quite ready yet.

Here we are with JBCoug/wife in Abreojos at Tia Chula's

MMc donated notebooks and copy paper that turned out to be the gift that keeps on giving! Lesly comes by every 3 months for notebooks - pens - copy paper for projects. Here she is with Mom and Grandma:

Punta Chivato residents always have a huge rummage sale at the end of January and they are so so soooo kind to let me take all the leftovers! This gives me a head start on the Christmas clothes for all the scholarship students. Thanks Chivato!!

Last year Zac and his family also stopped by with clothes for the students! Thanks all of you!

I am grateful to everyone who supports me with kind words, the most amazing donations and especially the visits!

[Edited on 6-18-2020 by BajaBlanca]

TMW - 6-18-2020 at 04:01 PM

Great

BajaBlanca - 6-18-2020 at 05:17 PM

:biggrin: Thanks Tom! My student Alexis is still awaiting your trip to the remote rancho!