BajaNomad

Missing Friend

DocRey - 8-23-2020 at 08:53 PM

I have a former co-worker & friend that has gone missing from his property in San Antonio Del Mar (Playas de Tijuana).
His name is Francisco (Frank) Aguilar. I’m told this is since Thursday (8/20). Only other info is that his home had been ransacked & his Jeep was missing. I wish I could be more descriptive, but that is all I know.
I believe his cousin posted something on Facebook Talk Baja.
I am hoping & praying that someone here might hear something & maybe report it, anonymously or whatever.
Thank you all. 🙏🏼✝️

Don Pisto - 8-23-2020 at 08:56 PM

Frank is everyone's favorite mechanic here in rosarito, my gosh I hope this ends well:(

DocRey - 8-23-2020 at 09:00 PM

Thanks, but I’m thinking this is not my friend that you’re referring to.
Hope your Frank is o.k. 🤔😉

JZ - 8-23-2020 at 10:25 PM

Where is: San Antonio Del Mar (Playas de Tijuana)?

SFandH - 8-23-2020 at 11:29 PM

News story:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/fbi-investigating-mysteriou...

BajaNomad - 8-23-2020 at 11:52 PM

118340164_10218412923097798_5998965924486360202_n.jpg - 130kB

DocRey - 8-24-2020 at 09:26 AM

Thank you for posting the notice BajaNomad admin. & SFandH.
Prayerfully hoping he is found soon. 🙏🏼✝️🚒🇺🇸

DocRey - 8-24-2020 at 09:36 AM

Sorry JZ, forgot to mention...San Antonio Del Mar is a gated community between Tijuana and Rosarito, on the ocean side. It’s under Playas de Tijuana jurisdiction.

[Edited on 8-24-2020 by DocRey]

BajaBlanca - 8-24-2020 at 05:06 PM

How very, very sad that he is missing. I pray he will be found!

DocRey - 8-25-2020 at 11:49 AM

Thank you BajaBlanca.

BajaBlanca - 8-26-2020 at 08:39 PM

No News?

SFandH - 8-27-2020 at 07:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
No News?

Nothing new. Still looking for him.

https://www.elimparcial.com/tijuana/policiaca/Buscan-a-bombe...

del mar - 8-27-2020 at 09:05 AM

you can follow the search at findfrank on facebook

DocRey - 8-28-2020 at 12:59 PM

Right. No news. Texting with family, they say all they hear is...”it’s an active investigation”...😞
Thank you SFandH & Del Mar.

sancho - 8-28-2020 at 01:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DocRey  
Right. No news. Texting with family, they say all they hear is...”it’s an active investigation”

DocRey, This has been gnawing at me for what, 9 days. Just
hope all turns out well

DocRey - 8-28-2020 at 06:48 PM

Thank you sancho.
I too am listless and not myself. Continuing prayers for a good outcome.
Frank and I were firefighter/paramedics in East L.A. for at least a decade, on & off. It was our comfort zone. I retired 4 yrs. ago. (after 37 yrs., remaining a “grunt”).
My wife & I had a casita in San Antonio Del Mar for over 10+ yrs. I still loved it, she eventually got jaded. We sold it. We never had a serious problem there. Beautiful older ocean community. Sad goings-on now.
I’m droning-on so I’ll just say, prayers & thoughts for Frank are appreciated. Better yet, if anyone knows anything of importance, please bring it to the authorities, in whatever form you’re comfortable with. 🙏🏼✝️🚒🇺🇸🇲🇽

JZ - 8-29-2020 at 12:12 PM

Very sad.

DocRey - 8-30-2020 at 09:00 AM

Yes it is JZ, but there’s always hope. Prayers & good thoughts. Thank you for your interest.🙏🏼✝️🚒🇺🇸🇲🇽

BajaTed - 9-3-2020 at 07:40 AM

L.A. Mayor Garcetti made a safe return plea on the local TV news yesterday in regard to this missing person, who is retired LAFD

JZ - 9-3-2020 at 02:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
L.A. Mayor Garcetti made a safe return plea on the local TV news yesterday in regard to this missing person, who is retired LAFD

Local to Mexico?

SFandH - 9-3-2020 at 04:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Where is: San Antonio Del Mar (Playas de Tijuana)?

Playas de Tijuana is the beach community at the border, where the bullring is. It's the main beach for the city.

San Antonio Del Mar is a housing development along the coast a couple/few miles south of Playas. It's a private, gated community that has been there for decades.

BajaTed - 9-4-2020 at 11:19 AM

Coldest water in Baja too, Brrrrrr

His place in S.A. Del Mar was thoroughly ransacked, Mexico stated it as suspected kidnapping, FBI is requesting to aid.

What if happens to you???
I have a collateral damage plan in case of same scenario being personal.

Absolute point of No return for all involved with absolute malice and zero discretion. Plumo or plata.

chippy - 9-4-2020 at 11:35 AM

His place in S.A. Del Mar was thoroughly ransacked, Mexico stated it as suspected kidnapping, FBI is requesting to aid.

Absolute point of No return for all involved with absolute malice and zero discretion. Plumo or plata.

I think you mean "plomo". Feathers or silver doesn´t sound that threatening.:lol:

del mar - 9-4-2020 at 11:42 AM

I would be more inclined to think Frank showed up during a burglary in progress rather than a kidnapping but WTF do I know. don't know about lately but when I lived in SADM for a couple years the guards were nothing but thugs and always suspects in criminal activity's:(

DocRey - 9-5-2020 at 01:43 PM

I have no information other than what has been posted in other sites, but I was under the impression he was last seen at a bar/restaurant know as Plan B across the toll road. I had been there a time or two before heading home (U.S) from my casita. Nothing remarkable that I could recall.
In the 10+ years we had a place in SADM, I never felt the way you do regarding the guards, but the community did eventually contract out security to the Playas de T.J. auxiliary police shortly before we sold.
Still praying for a good outcome. 🙏🏼✝️🚒🇺🇸🇲🇽

pacificobob - 9-5-2020 at 04:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

I think you mean "plomo". Feathers or silver doesn´t sound that threatening.:lol:

go get 'em ted!

pacificobob - 9-5-2020 at 04:45 PM

i wonder how many people were wacked in alta California in that week.
nah, forget it..... its super sketchy here... i encourage you to stay north of the border.

sorry for the the loss Blanca.

[Edited on 9-5-2020 by pacificobob]

DocRey - 9-6-2020 at 11:29 AM

What was that solid Aretha Franklin song...
Oh yah, R-E-S-P-E-C-T !!! 🤔

BajaTed - 9-6-2020 at 11:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
I would be more inclined to think Frank showed up during a burglary in progress rather than a kidnapping but WTF do I know. don't know about lately but when I lived in SADM for a couple years the guards were nothing but thugs and always suspects in criminal activity's:(

In the 70's SADM was trying to sell 100 year leases too. Cold water Sardines in a can, way too close together.
Cartel unmarked car caravan's flash their signature blue grill lights and just pass thru gate 24/7

SFandH - 10-11-2020 at 11:00 AM

News:

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/tijuana-authorities-a...

Mother of Dragons - 10-11-2020 at 01:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
News:

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/tijuana-authorities-a...

Am I reading this clearly...he was shot, assumed to death, and 2 people arrested but no body but he is dead?

SFandH - 10-11-2020 at 02:11 PM

Sounds like he was shot and wounded and is in captivity.

"Although authorities have not located Aguilar or the car he was last seen driving, but presume he is alive. According to the investigation, the couple planned to kidnapped Aguilar but he tried to escape and was shot.

"The victim agreed to meet with a woman we know today is called Fanny 'N'. She identified herself to Aguilar as Monserrat," said Hiram Sanchez, Attorney General of Baja California. "He somehow managed to get rid of his captors, tried to run, and as he ran they shoot and injure him and put him in the van."

del mar - 10-11-2020 at 09:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Sounds like he was shot and wounded and is in captivity.

"Although authorities have not located Aguilar or the car he was last seen driving, but presume he is alive. According to the investigation, the couple planned to kidnapped Aguilar but he tried to escape and was shot.

"The victim agreed to meet with a woman we know today is called Fanny 'N'. She identified herself to Aguilar as Monserrat," said Hiram Sanchez, Attorney General of Baja California. "He somehow managed to get rid of his captors, tried to run, and as he ran they shoot and injure him and put him in the van."

and.......they've been released:(

Mother of Dragons - 10-13-2020 at 05:19 PM

It’s so confusing to me. I’m not understanding what is being said.

del mar - 10-15-2020 at 09:44 AM

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/san-diego-news/rearre...

[Edited on 10-15-2020 by del mar]

steekers - 10-17-2020 at 08:19 AM

The perps were released by a Mexican "judge"??. The vast majority of "judges" in Baja are corrupt. PGJE "investigators" are also mostly corrupt. Mexico's whole "legal system" is corrupt. I have seen it first hand. I pray for justice for this family but the legal odds are not in their favor.:no: