BajaNomad

Department of State issued a Level 4 Health Advisory for Mexico on August 27, advising U.S. citizens not to travel to Mexico...

Lee - 9-8-2020 at 04:18 PM

''The Department of State issued a Level 4 Health Advisory for Mexico on August 6, advising U.S. citizens not to travel to Mexico due to COVID-19. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in many areas of Mexico, as travel by U.S. government employees to certain areas is prohibited or significantly restricted. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Mexico due to COVID-19 on August 6.''

https://mx.usembassy.gov/health-alert-mexico-covid-19-update...

[Edited on 9-9-2020 by Lee]

Bajaboy - 9-8-2020 at 04:32 PM

Idiots like this will keep Covid going for some time.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-i...

mtgoat666 - 9-8-2020 at 04:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Anything new since August 6 to report?

If you bothered to click the link, you would see the website has been updated.
Covid-19 still a problem. It did not go away like the marmalade emperor said it,would :(

David K - 9-8-2020 at 05:00 PM

Oh, thank you goat. Maybe Lee can edit his post to say August 27? Maybe he didn't know? Glad you have time to read every link here!

Bajaboy - 9-8-2020 at 06:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Covid-19 still a problem. It did not go away like the marmalade emperor said it,would :(

Why would one click on a link dated Aug 6:light:

Lee - 9-8-2020 at 07:30 PM

Saw the update, missed it when posting.

Is anyone taking the Advisory seriously? I am.

mtgoat666 - 9-8-2020 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

Why would one click on a link dated Aug 6:light:

Nostalgia.

Come middle of winter, we will all be looking back on August 6 and reminiscing about the 3,000,000+ people that died of covid-19 after August 6...

“They are dying. That’s true, and — it is what it is,” Trump said, reported by Axios, August 4, 2020.

“It’s going away. It’ll go away. Things go away. No question in my mind that it will go away,” Trump said during a White House press briefing, August 5, 2020.

“And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” — Trump after meeting with Republican senators, on March 10, 2020.

And speaking of Trump and death....

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly...

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead...

In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

[Edited on 9-9-2020 by mtgoat666]

JZ - 9-8-2020 at 08:57 PM

Why would one click on a link dated Aug 6:light: [/rquote]

Nostalgia.

Come middle of winter, we will all be looking back on August 6 and reminiscing about the 3,000,000+ people that died of covid-19 after August 6...

“They are dying. That’s true, and — it is what it is,” Trump said, reported by Axios, August 4, 2020.

“It’s going away. It’ll go away. Things go away. No question in my mind that it will go away,” Trump said during a White House press briefing, August 5, 2020.

“And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” — Trump after meeting with Republican senators, on March 10, 2020.

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly...

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead...

In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

Could you imagine getting towards the end of your life and the most important thing in your life is crying about sh#tty politics, on either side of the isle?

I guess the only thing worse would be openly rooting for ppl to die, and hoping enough die to influence a political election.

[Edited on 9-9-2020 by JZ]

David K - 9-8-2020 at 09:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Me too...

JZ - 9-8-2020 at 09:11 PM

It gives me guidance. I've traveled non stop since April. Taken several flights. Stayed at about 30 hotels.

If you adhere to basic CDC advice on how to keep others safe, and yourself safe, you have a very small chance of transmitting it or getting it (i.e. you don't get it from touching the gas pump handle - unless someone sneezed directly on it and you touched your face 15 secs later, maybe).

And there is a much smaller chance of getting seriously sick from it if you are in decent health.

Avoid bars, big gatherings, distance, use your mask where appropriate, etc. Get tested before traveling (there is a place 4 mins from my house that gives you results in 15 mins.)

Life is a balance of safety and efficiency. There is a reason we don't drive 15 mph. It would save many thousands of lives, but society couldn't function with that balance.

MX is different than the US, there is more risk for the local population and we need to be mindful of that. They don't have the medical facilities that the US does.

In the US, an unquestionable part of the lock down is purposely driven to crash the US economy to influence the election.

In sum, we will travel to Baja in the Fall, and be mindful of others. We won't let the lock down weirdo's with their political agendas, or just irrational fears, impact our decisions.

David K - 9-8-2020 at 09:17 PM

For a lot of Nomads, I think the concern is not so much of getting it from Mexicans, as it is for transferring it to Mexicans.

JZ - 9-8-2020 at 09:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
In the US, an unquestionable part of the lock down is purposely driven to crash the US economy to influence the election]
You seriously believe that? I suppose it's possible, but... :?:

I'm the least political person you know. I do not like Trump. What I posted is 100% fact.

Spent 10 days in Florida last month. The liberal media has been slamming Florida for 2 months. The safety precautions in the state were very, very close to CA's. Better in some regards. Worse in others.

They have mostly come out of the spike. Not a peep from the media.

If this wasn't an election year, this entire lock-down would have been handled much differently in the US.

paranewbi - 9-9-2020 at 05:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
In the US, an unquestionable part of the lock down is purposely driven to crash the US economy to influence the election]
You seriously believe that? I suppose it's possible, but... :?:

I'm the least political person you know. I do not like Trump. What I posted is 100% fact.

Spent 10 days in Florida last month. The liberal media has been slamming Florida for 2 months. The safety precautions in the state were very, very close to CA's. Better in some regards. Worse in others.

They have mostly come out of the spike. Not a peep from the media.

If this wasn't an election year, this entire lock-down would have been handled much differently in the US.

It will be interesting to see, should Trump be re-elected, how much of this goes away.

It seems everything runs on a three day cycle right now in the media, but will that M/O be sustainable if he wins?

Or will the concerted effort to 'fundamentally change this country' (Obama) continue? Yes, no doubt

SFandH - 9-9-2020 at 05:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

Or will the concerted effort to 'fundamentally change this country' (Obama) continue? Yes, no doubt

The current administration's State Department issued the travel advisory indicating the current admin thinks it's a subject to be taken seriously.

And that's what it is, an advisory, advice, not a prohibition.

Advice I'm not going to follow next month when we leave for our winter home.

However we will continue isolating ourselves as much as practicable and using masks and distancing when around others.

[Edited on 9-9-2020 by SFandH]

pacificobob - 9-9-2020 at 06:53 AM

Why would one click on a link dated Aug 6:light: [/rquote]

Nostalgia.

Could you imagine getting towards the end of your life and the most important thing in your life is crying about sh#tty politics, on either side of the isle?

I guess the only thing worse would be openly rooting for ppl to die, and hoping enough die to influence a political election.

can anyone imagine at any time in ones life feeling the need to demonstrate and publish endlessly about haveing more grand adventures than anyone, displaying cavalier bravado and disregard for public health, oh ya, endless photos of a dog?
we all are acutely aware of your unparalleled awesomeness, and insatiable need for affirmation.

pacificobob - 9-9-2020 at 08:42 AM

For a lot of Nomads, I think the concern is not so much of getting it from Mexicans, as it is for transferring it to Mexicans.

good point. most of my local friends and neighbors feel that covid-19 is a "gringo" thing . a lot of nomads feel as you describe above....others ,and we have an idea who they might be, could give one sheet.

pauldavidmena - 9-9-2020 at 08:51 AM

I am too. My wife and I have reluctantly decided to postpone the winter getaway we usually take to Todos Santos in February. It's a trip we need to plan at least 6 months in advance, so based on what we've seen both in BCS and Massachusetts through August, it seems more prudent to stay back than to roll the dice with our health and the health of the local community.

John Harper - 9-9-2020 at 08:54 AM

Another group of friends that I occasionally shoot doves with (not this year) out in Yuma had a member among them last week with "just a cold." It was not "just a cold" as it turned out.

Now, all 10 of them are under quarantine and being tested for Covid. A good friend of mine shared a motel room with "just a cold" guy so his wife is just thrilled about that.

John

JZ - 9-9-2020 at 08:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Another group of friends that I occasionally shoot doves with (not this year) out in Yuma had a member among them last week with "just a cold." It was not "just a cold" as it turned out.

Now, all 10 of them are under quarantine and being tested for Covid. A good friend of mine shared a motel room with "just a cold" guy so his wife is just thrilled about that.

John

Sounds like your friends aren't to smart to hang around with a sick guy in the middle of a pandemic. Choose your friends more wisely in the future.

John Harper - 9-9-2020 at 09:01 AM

Choose your friends more wisely in the future.

Cherished advice. Thank you.

John