BajaNomad

Successful Trip to San Jose Del Cabo

ondahrd - 10-30-2020 at 08:19 AM

Thank you everyone for all the advice and recommendations for travel through Baja California. Crossed Mexicali on 10/27 8am, no wait. Stayed in GN and then Loreto. Made San Jose by 2pm on Thursday 10/29. What a great trip, will do it again.

Thanks very much

JZ - 10-30-2020 at 08:21 AM

Nice.

BajaBlanca - 10-31-2020 at 01:23 PM

Great!

chippy - 10-31-2020 at 04:29 PM

Good to hear. We´ll be heading back down next week!

tiotomasbcs - 11-1-2020 at 10:34 AM

What vehicle are you driving? Highlights ...sunrise in Loreto?! or... Must be very green. Any yellow butterflies?! Oh yeah!

ondahrd - 11-3-2020 at 08:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
What vehicle are you driving? Highlights ...sunrise in Loreto?! or... Must be very green. Any yellow butterflies?! Oh yeah!

We drove a 2014 Acura MDX. Everywhere was scenic beauty, but the best was Santa Rosalia down to Loreto. Loreto was absolutely stunning. Like I said I will do this trip again.:D

David K - 11-3-2020 at 08:55 AM

Do a sidetrip to Bahía de los Angeles, 40 paved miles. There's a dirt pad you can pull off to for photos of "the angels" (islands) when they come into view...

DIWR17 - 11-3-2020 at 12:43 PM

Congrats on your first time. How were the Sanitary stops? Temp checks etc.

Any trouble at the Military checkpoint just this side of San Ignacio? Been robbed there by the big Sergeant in charge.

RFClark - 11-4-2020 at 09:37 PM

We’re on our way to Todos Santos. Crossed at Mexicali West about 15:00. No line to speak of, no health check or inspection. South bound traffic lite and a wave through at the military checkpoint north of San Felipe. Lots of people in San Felipe $20.1NM pet dollar at gas station north of town.Jackrabbit Pizza open, excellent pizza $90NM! Temperature at night is in the mid 70s!

Tomorrow we head south to Mulēge.

ondahrd - 11-5-2020 at 08:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DIWR17  
Congrats on your first time. How were the Sanitary stops? Temp checks etc.

Any trouble at the Military checkpoint just this side of San Ignacio? Been robbed there by the big Sergeant in charge.

We had no issues at any checkpoints, as we rolled up we kept the back windows down so they could see in, they waved us on through each time. As I recall the bathroom at Pemex in Ganzaga Bay was sketchy, needed to bring in your own bucket of water to flush and smelled terrible. But all the rest were ok. One place had a make shift security set up as we rolled into La Paz, they wanted 40 pesos to run your car through a light spray under the car to sanitize it. We just smiled and continued on.

RFClark - 11-5-2020 at 09:07 AM

The “restrooms” at the gas station in Gonzaga Bay are very bad. Usually there’s a 55 gal drum full of water and a bucket by the door. When they’re closed the drum runs out. I think that the market and know that Alfonsians have better ones. Still T.P. and Bleach spray are a must! Weekends are the worst.