BajaNomad

Anyone obtained FMM in Ensenada INM?

Don Pisto - 11-1-2020 at 02:02 PM

borrow some foul weather gear, topsiders and wayfarer's, splash some water on your face and give it a go. all they can say is no!:D

Alm - 11-1-2020 at 04:37 PM

Like you said, the process is simple at the border. Why waste time trying to do this in Ensenada? Several years ago I was able to obtain it in Ensenada office near port but can't say whether they would still do this now. The officer made it a point telling me that one must obtain it at the border.

[Edited on 11-1-2020 by Alm]

JZ - 11-1-2020 at 07:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Like you said, the process is simple at the border. Why waste time trying to do this in Ensenada? Several years ago I was able to obtain it in Ensenada office near port but can't say whether they would still do this now. The officer made it a point telling me that one must obtain it at the border.

[Edited on 11-1-2020 by Alm]

Maybe they are in Ensenada already and don't want to drive to the border.

BajaBlanca - 11-1-2020 at 10:09 PM

I did once. We were on our way south when we first came to visit and I forgot to stop in TJ. Being a stickler for the law, I went to Ensenada office.

They did NOT want to give me the FMM but I insisted and they caved in. I had to take a document to the bank, pay up and then return to the immigration office. It took me about an hour all told, but I did it.

Ateo - 11-1-2020 at 10:44 PM

I've done it twice in Ensenada but that last time was about 10-12 years ago. I don't remember much about the experience. My ex-wife handled most of it. We got 4 FMM's and were on our way after about an hour.