BajaNomad

La Salina Marina

Lobsterman - 11-2-2020 at 05:10 AM

Is the La Salina Marina north of Ensenada open to boat traffic from the ocean? Is it still silted in?

David K - 11-2-2020 at 10:40 AM

When was that photo taken?
Google Earth image shows it clear, but was taken 4 years ago (Nov. 2016).

JZ - 11-2-2020 at 11:48 AM

Took my boat into the marina about 8 years ago on a trip down to Ensenada. It was really narrow.

But deep enough for 3' draft.

[Edited on 11-2-2020 by JZ]

Udo - 11-2-2020 at 03:17 PM

During one of the astronomical tides, you may get 2'. I drive by the place about once a month now. I have seen RZRs and other 4X4 on the shallow sand bar many times.

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Took my boat into the marina about 8 years ago on a trip down to Ensenada. It was really narrow.

But deep enough for 3' draft.

[Edited on 11-2-2020 by JZ]

Lobsterman - 11-3-2020 at 05:39 AM

Udo,
Thanks for the update. Hope you and your wife are doing well. Do you still have your place by the John Wayne Airport?

I use to drive my boat down to La Salina Marina years ago to fish the close by banks while staying locally. Perhaps those fishing adventures are over until someone dredges the opening to the ocean.

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/la-salina-may-12-1...

[Edited on 11-3-2020 by Lobsterman]

BajaTed - 11-3-2020 at 06:41 PM

They need to build and angle the breakwater opening to the south like the commercial marina by Quintas Papagayo's .

Howard - 11-3-2020 at 08:00 PM

Drove by this afternoon and it looked very sad and filled in. Admittedly is was low tide but I don't think that would of mattered.

JZ - 11-4-2020 at 07:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
Drove by this afternoon and it looked very sad and filled in. Admittedly is was low tide but I don't think that would of mattered.

Were all the boats gone?

Howard - 11-4-2020 at 08:09 AM

Just at a glance there were a few left. Didn't notice the size or actual amount but just a few.

Just as an FYI, heading south, the first toll booth was unmanned but the middle one and the one out of Ensenada was manned.

As usual no line at border, got pulled into secondary but it was effortless and lasted a total of maybe 3 minutes. No duty paid.

Blue skies at La Bufadora with a cloud bank just hanging trying to make up it's mind what to do.

Heading to Loreto tomorrow with an overnight stop in either G.N. or San Ignacio.

[Edited on 11-4-2020 by Howard]

JZ - 11-4-2020 at 08:18 AM

Nice. Have a good trip Howard.

bajaric - 11-4-2020 at 10:39 AM

They should make it a marina for surf kayaks :light:

Udo - 11-4-2020 at 01:45 PM

We no longer live in Tustin. Our home is now in Ensenada. Although we still also have the house in Bahia AsunciĆ³n.
Drop me a line if you are coming this way.

Quote: Originally posted by Lobsterman  
Udo,
Thanks for the update. Hope you and your wife are doing well. Do you still have your place by the John Wayne Airport?

I use to drive my boat down to La Salina Marina years ago to fish the close by banks while staying locally. Perhaps those fishing adventures are over until someone dredges the opening to the ocean.

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/la-salina-may-12-1...

[Edited on 11-3-2020 by Lobsterman]