BajaNomad

Playas Negras store in Santa Rosalia OPEN

BajaBlanca - 11-8-2020 at 10:05 PM

Hi everyone, we have been so busy! My Mom headed back to San Diego to pack her things and move to La Bocana....so we dropped her off in Loreto to fly back.

On the way home, we stopped in Santa Rosalia and I bought two tshirts for Les's daughter and her husband who are visiting us for 10 days! Playas Negras was started by a local La Bocana kid who is finishing college in Santa Rosalia. We helped him one semester, the family took care of the rest.

Pablo is committed to helping local ranchers by selling honey and other goodies.

The store is located on the road to the left of the main street, parallel to it, right in front of SAPA water offices.

Some of the tshirts

Here is one of my favorites but they have whale shirts and so much more! Really good quality and not expensive at all.

The local goodies from ranches nearby

I bought one of the tshirts last year and had Les photograph me all over Europe, my old student Pablo asked and I delivered.

Let's support Pablo, he dreamed up this idea and made it happen. Gotta love a kid who made his vision come true AND has survived the Covid epidemic!

The t's average 250 pesos. Great deal.

BigBearRider - 11-8-2020 at 11:30 PM

I got a T-shirt with the wooden structure at the dock on it. I also bought a miniature of the Eiffel church. Nice!!!

BajaBlanca - 11-10-2020 at 08:26 PM

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Great! If you are in BCS, come over to Bocana and pay us a visit!

BigBearRider - 11-12-2020 at 11:43 AM

I visited last summer, but you were out jet setting in Europe. :)

BajaBlanca - 11-12-2020 at 09:29 PM

We aren't going anywhere for a while! Now is the time to visit.

Hook - 11-14-2020 at 06:32 AM

I seem to remember a waterfront seafood restaurant called Playas Negras in Santa Rosalia in the early 2000s. It was pretty good. Is it still there?

Is there actually a black sand beach in the SR area? Dont think I ever saw one.

BajaBlanca - 11-14-2020 at 02:32 PM

There is a black sand beach but it is awful. It is the one right before town by El Boleo shipping area.

I do believe the restaurant is still there, but not positive.