BajaNomad

Have you seen JESS MANTLE? San Quintin area?

BajaBlanca - 11-10-2020 at 09:10 PM

I just saw this on TALK BAJA:

Stu Sherman posted on Nov 1st that my brother is missing. I just found this site today and thought I would add a little.
Missing
Jess Mantle, age 72. Jess is an invalid and confined to an electric wheel chair due to a stroke and loss of his left leg above the knee. He has been in San Quintin. Address unknown. The only thing he has said was he was east of the highway, and he mentioned Old Mill Road once.
He has been living with a woman about 40 years old, first name Joanna, last name unknown. She grew up in the area, and her father was a large landowner. She apparently has a bunch of sisters.
Jess had a 2005, regular cab, Ford F150, aggressive sounding dual exhaust, silver in color with Washington State plates.
The only people he spoke of was an Federales officer who flew a helocopter. He also mentioned someone who flew a DC3 and flew over when I was on the phone with him. The gentleman lived in a, perhaps, gated community with an airfield.
Jess would call me usually daily, and he had 3 other friends here who he also talked to several times per week. The last contact the 4 of us had was around Sept 1st.
I would like to thank everyone who might be able to help locate him, or point me in the right direction.
Mike

fishhead - 11-11-2020 at 12:59 PM

last known cel number in Baja-52-664-130-6946

fishhead - 11-17-2020 at 04:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I just saw this on TALK BAJA:

Stu Sherman posted on Nov 1st that my brother is missing. I just found this site today and thought I would add a little.
Missing
Jess Mantle, age 72. Jess is an invalid and confined to an electric wheel chair due to a stroke and loss of his left leg above the knee. He has been in San Quintin. Address unknown. The only thing he has said was he was east of the highway, and he mentioned Old Mill Road once.
He has been living with a woman about 40 years old, first name Joanna, last name unknown. She grew up in the area, and her father was a large landowner. She apparently has a bunch of sisters.
Jess had a 2005, regular cab, Ford F150, aggressive sounding dual exhaust, silver in color with Washington State plates.
The only people he spoke of was an Federales officer who flew a helocopter. He also mentioned someone who flew a DC3 and flew over when I was on the phone with him. The gentleman lived in a, perhaps, gated community with an airfield.
Jess would call me usually daily, and he had 3 other friends here who he also talked to several times per week. The last contact the 4 of us had was around Sept 1st.
I would like to thank everyone who might be able to help locate him, or point me in the right direction.
Mike
come on Nomads, No response or info? Someone in San Quintin must know of Jess....

BajaBlanca - 11-17-2020 at 09:13 PM

Maybe there was more info on Talk Baja? We have had company so I have not followed the story.