BajaNomad

Los Amigos De Los Niños Mulegé

HeyMulegeScott - 12-19-2020 at 04:13 PM

Website I setup for a Mulege organization that provides educational scholarships and more - https://ladlnmulege.org/

BajaBlanca - 12-19-2020 at 06:09 PM

How many kids in your program? Great to see this awesome site!

HeyMulegeScott - 12-19-2020 at 06:29 PM

Thanks, Blanca. They are supporting 76 students who are attending high school (CECyT) and college/university. We donated last year and went to a fundraiser at Mulege Brewing but didn't know much about the organization. Trying to help them highlight what they are doing by creating this simple website and a Facebook page.

[Edited on 12-20-2020 by HeyMulegeScott]

Mulege Canuck - 12-20-2020 at 11:06 AM

I recognize one of the boys in the photo, Carlos. He lives up in the mountains at a Rancho. He is a great kid.

There was a couple who use to come to the Oasis who organized scholarships for kids. We donated money to help. Are you affiliated with them?

HeyMulegeScott - 12-20-2020 at 06:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mulege Canuck  
I recognize one of the boys in the photo, Carlos. He lives up in the mountains at a Rancho. He is a great kid.

There was a couple who use to come to the Oasis who organized scholarships for kids. We donated money to help. Are you affiliated with them?

The organization has been around since 1976. The big fundraiser is the Burro Art Fair in January which unfortunately they can't hold this year. We are just getting involved so I don't know everyone involved but know they do great things for the kids.