BajaNomad

BOLA

baja Steve - 1-24-2021 at 10:45 AM

Anything new on Mary Ann

David K - 1-24-2021 at 11:10 AM

I have had no new contact from her son, so sadly, no.

baja Steve - 1-24-2021 at 11:45 AM

Thank you David

David K - 1-24-2021 at 12:16 PM

Thanks for asking Steve... We who knew her, know her kindness and mellow life does not deserve to end like this.

spikemd - 2-23-2021 at 06:31 PM

I just read up on Mary Ann and the other posts.So sad.

Is BOLA safe? I was planning a trip down next month with 3 families including kids from 14 to 5 years old kids. Last time I was there, 5 years ago, it felt very safe and everyone was friendly and inviting. We will be wither camping or staying in a hotel, not sure yet.

advrider - 2-23-2021 at 07:59 PM

I was thinking over that same question. I think I would stay in one of the campos but not sure I would camp out at La Gringa right now or out at the South end past camp Gecko or animas (sp?).
A couple of guys are headed down on motos in December but we will be staying in hotels to save weight on our bikes, not worried about that trip but I will lock the bike each night.
What is an acceptable level of risk is different for each person and for me depends on who is going. Would love to hear from some of the BOLA locals as to the feeling in the area.

ligui - 2-23-2021 at 08:27 PM

Stayed with some friends years ago at la gringa. Woke up in the middle of the night to see navy unloading bales and loading them into trucks.

Was 25 years ago but a good eye opener .

The world 🌎 is a big place. It isn't all like Kansas.

BajaRun - 2-23-2021 at 08:29 PM

I would be surprised if Daggett and Diaz didn't know everything that happens in that town.

JZ - 2-23-2021 at 08:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by spikemd  

Is BOLA safe? I was planning a trip down next month with 3 families including kids from 14 to 5 years old kids. Last time I was there, 5 years ago, it felt very safe and everyone was friendly and inviting. We will be wither camping or staying in a hotel, not sure yet.

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate about going in a group, and take the kids. Even if that's only with 2-3 other adults.

[Edited on 2-24-2021 by JZ]

David K - 2-23-2021 at 09:03 PM

A single, older woman, in a large house, away from town and no close neighbors...
Vs.
A big group with healthy adults camping close together.

Don't worry.

advrider - 2-23-2021 at 09:12 PM

I would think that many of the long time old families would know what is going on and who is doing it. I would think if it was random outsider they would have found and taken care of the problem by now.

spikemd - 2-23-2021 at 09:12 PM

Thats my thinking as well. I always travel in a group and we will have 4 trucks and always be together. I also follow the cardinal rule about never driving at night. Last time, we weren't planning on staying in BOLA, but it got late so we stayed a night. It was a wonderful place with great food. We never felt unsafe walking around at night and didn't se any shady folks, but that was 5 years ago. We were planning a couple nights at Gonzaga Bay and couple nights in BOLA. Really wanted to go out for fishing in a panga for half a day.

mtgoat666 - 2-23-2021 at 09:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by spikemd  

No one knows what happened to her.
No information has been released. None.
All that is known is that she disappeared.

Rumors reported here in nomadlandia are that locals won’t talk to the police or family.

I don’t see any bola locals posting info here.

I don’t think anyone can answer your question.

The silence is deafening.

But if you want an answer of don’t worry, be happy, I know many nomads will cheerfully tell you that.

mtgoat666 - 2-23-2021 at 09:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
A single, older woman, in a large house, away from town and no close neighbors...
Vs.
A big group with healthy adults camping close together.

Don't worry.

How about this comparison...

A vacationing family
Vs.
A group of of meth heads

JZ - 2-23-2021 at 10:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
[

How about this comparison...

A vacationing family
Vs.
A group of of meth heads with Covid

Fixed your post for you to give maximum impact and terror.

bajatrailrider - 2-24-2021 at 07:39 AM

Sadly Moto your so wrong about mt666. Go back to his mindless posts know Baja? I think not maybe you also don't know Baja?

wilderone - 2-24-2021 at 08:22 AM

"... la gringa. Woke up in the middle of the night to see navy unloading bales and loading them into trucks."
Many years ago, I had kayaked from the island over to the beach just a bit south of the military base to overnight. All day they watched me with binoculars, I watched them watching me with binoculars. I was uncomfortable, but more curious. In the middle of the night there were several trucks criss-crossing the dirt road and went to the military base. Back and forth, high speed.
Of course everyone in town knows what's going on.