BajaNomad

American airlines to loreto

ligui - 2-14-2021 at 07:15 AM

Morning everyone.

Has anyone taken the flight from Phx to Lto ?

Alm - 2-14-2021 at 10:11 AM

kayak.com says - direct flights by American Airlines from $200-something.

JZ - 2-14-2021 at 10:36 AM

Don't fly American unless you absolutely have to because of route. For the last 15 years they have been by far the worst US airline. Them not blocking the middle seat like 90% of the airlines during covid is just more proof of it.

Fly Alaska to Loreto. Alaska has done away with flight change fees.

Delta is the best domestic carrier for cross country flights.

AKgringo - 2-14-2021 at 10:45 AM

When American Airlines was trying to get a foothold in the Alaska market, they matched pretty much all the scheduled flights of the other major carriers.

Rather than flying a fleet of nearly empty planes, you could count on them to find a reason to cancel flights, and re-book your ticket for a later flight!

Alm - 2-14-2021 at 01:18 PM

From epidemiological point of view, the safest would be to drive from Phoenix to Loreto.

Direct flight is the 2nd best, you'll be in contact with "only" 100-something people - all of them, either you walk past them or they walk past you. On connecting flights you'll be in contact with 100 people on one plane, 100 on another, plus unknown number of people in connection airport.

I think American is the only airline offering direct flights from Phx, and only once a day. If they cancel it, the earliest later flight will be next day. Not much choice here, is there...

Bob and Susan - 2-14-2021 at 01:48 PM

i flew my daughter in on american a few weeks ago...no problems

flight back had 6 people on it

american is fine

vandy - 2-14-2021 at 03:12 PM

My flight back to PHX from LTO was $99 (ordered 2 weeks in advance) a few weeks ago.
Plane almost empty.
American was good that day.

Alm - 2-14-2021 at 05:06 PM

I will take a direct flight of any US company over a connecting flight any day of the week. Besides, there are no good connections on this particular route.