BajaNomad

Rose McGowan gets permanent residency in 10 months ?

BigBearRider - 2-20-2021 at 07:40 AM

I understand most retired applicants go for permanent residency immediately.

chippy - 2-20-2021 at 07:50 AM

This is Mexico! Money talks.

BajaMama - 2-20-2021 at 08:59 AM

Yep, I have read it doesn't take long if you prove viable income.

pacificobob - 2-20-2021 at 09:19 AM

took us 6 weeks

RocketJSquirrel - 2-20-2021 at 09:22 AM

I did mine in about 90 days. Met the requirements, did the paperwork at the embassy in the country where I was living at the time and things worked fine. No problems anywhere in the process.

I don't understand the problem?

Number One thing: Don't "read" People Magazine. It'll do for your brain what pancakes, butter and syrup do for your body. Though God knows I love them.

mtgoat666 - 2-20-2021 at 09:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tecatero  
Rose McGowan permanent resident in 11 months

Stupid question, but this actress/activist stated she moved to Mexico to live because it is 1/3 cost vs living in NYC. However, she got her permanent resident card in 10 months during a pandemic. Took me many many years of temporary until I got mine. I know lots of people trying desperately for years to get theirs. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Guess I’m missing the loophole.

https://people.com/movies/rose-mcgowan-reveals-shes-become-a...

Good for her!

Tulum seems like a nice place to live, though I personally prefer a cooler, less humid climate.

BajaMama - 2-20-2021 at 10:40 AM

When my father-in-law started applying for his permanent residency it seemed to take a lot of pesos and a lot of visits to the immigration office in Santa Rosalia. It was multi-year process. But when I looked it up a couple of years ago, it didn't seem so complicated. Start the process at a Mexican Embassy in the USA, show up at immigration in Mexico with documentation of requirements.

BajaMama - 2-20-2021 at 10:45 AM

So, here is a question. If my husband and I only plan to spend a few months in the spring and a few months in the fall in Baja, is a residency VISA even necessary? Why would a temporary or permanent resident visa be better than an FMM?

The only benefit I am aware of is I don't have to stop at the border to get my FMM stamped and pay the $30 each time I enter Baja.

Don Pisto - 2-20-2021 at 10:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
So, here is a question. If my husband and I only plan to spend a few months in the spring and a few months in the fall in Baja, is a residency VISA even necessary? Why would a temporary or permanent resident visa be better than an FMM?

The only benefit I am aware of is I don't have to stop at the border to get my FMM stamped and pay the $30 each time I enter Baja.

you're absolutely fine with the FMM!

TMW - 2-20-2021 at 11:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I suppose I could "google" who Rose McGowan is to see why this is even news, but I don't really care anyway! :rolleyes:

Join the club. I never heard of her. I looked her up and she was born in Italy to American parents. She is married to Davey Detail, never heard of him either. Her big screen film was Scream which I've never seen. Maybe I should get out more instead of going to Baja and the desert.

DawnPatrol - 2-20-2021 at 12:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I suppose I could "google" who Rose McGowan is to see why this is even news, but I don't really care anyway! :rolleyes:

Join the club. I never heard of her. I looked her up and she was born in Italy to American parents. She is married to Davey Detail, never heard of him either. Her big screen film was Scream which I've never seen. Maybe I should get out more instead of going to Baja and the desert.

Never heard of her ever... SHE is the one that's missing out on the Baja Desert trips!

Alm - 2-20-2021 at 12:51 PM

There is nothing that could prevent you from getting a PR in 2-3 months after the interview in consulate, provided you meet financial criteria with proof of either savings or income.

Quote:

There is also "almost" free national healthcare and discounts through INAPAM cards for people over 60 on public transportation (both local rutas and long distance buses and domestic airlines), museums, movies, property tax on small lots.

Not worth it in your case - staying for a few months now and then.

Howard - 2-20-2021 at 01:44 PM

There is one more advantage if you fly from the States into Mexico.

With a RP you get reimbursed for the tourist tax which comes to around $25.

del mar - 2-20-2021 at 01:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
This is Mexico! Money talks.

in cabo san lucas.....there's a fellow that posts on another site that'll pick you up at your hotel, take you to get your picture taken, take you to where ever the INM or whoever issues these is and you walk out the same day with permanent residency in hand.......all you got to have is green;)

mtgoat666 - 2-20-2021 at 03:06 PM

It is a sign of being really old and cranky when you start feigning ignorance (or are actually ignorant) of popular culture

Alm - 2-20-2021 at 03:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

in cabo san lucas.....there's a fellow that posts on another site that'll pick you up at your hotel, take you to get your picture taken, take you to where ever the INM or whoever issues these is and you walk out the same day with permanent residency in hand.......all you got to have is green;)

The difference from a cabby is that he'll fill a couple of forms for you :).
I doubt that this can be done in one day unless he's got good contacts in INM to get fingerprinting same day.

del mar - 2-20-2021 at 03:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

The difference from a cabby is that he'll fill a couple of forms for you :).
I doubt that this can be done in one day unless he's got good contacts in INM to get fingerprinting same day.

gosh imagine that, someone on the inside looking to make a few extra bucks! :lol:

Alm - 2-20-2021 at 04:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

It is a sign of being really old and cranky when you start feigning ignorance (or are actually ignorant) of popular culture

An old actress, largely forgotten, was not really popular at her peak either. Except for one blockbuster horror movie in the 90s. The target audience for horrors are kids aged 15-25, boomers today might remember Rosy if they were into horrors in the 90s. Not everybody was.

del mar - 2-20-2021 at 04:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

An old actress, largely forgotten, was not really popular at her peak either. Except for one blockbuster horror movie in the 90s. The target audience for horrors are kids aged 15-25, boomers today might remember Rosy if they were into horrors in the 90s. Not everybody was.

hey rice and beans you know the OP wasn't about Rose but how long it takes to get a PR! I see he gave up and cut his losses:rolleyes:

Don't Forget

Chup - 2-20-2021 at 07:54 PM

Hey,

Don't forget her old boyfriend....lol

Untitled.png - 278kB

AKgringo - 2-21-2021 at 09:23 AM

I apologize to the OP (tecatero) for my part in your decision to delete your post. My apathy was directed at the tabloid journalism surrounding a person's decision to move to Mexico.

There was nothing in your post that was off-topic or inappropriate for this forum! My post should have been the one deleted, not yours!

TMW - 2-21-2021 at 11:23 AM

Maybe, I haven't been to a movie theater since Dust to Glory came out in 2005 or 6. The last horror movie I saw was the remake of the Thing and I thought it was more funny than scary. I watch a very small list of TV shows that I record before watching. NCIS, FBI, FBI Most Wanted and Bull on CBS. Mid-Summer Murder and Death in Paradise on PBS. Supercross on NBC SN. and a Network evening newscast usually ABC because it's on first. Anything else is by accident. I do like reruns of Cheers and two and a half men with Charlie Sheen.

BajaTed - 2-21-2021 at 11:37 AM

The process to get citizenship varies across the country and it is parsed by your financial worth or political connectivity which you had to pay for too.
Is this news?

Local legend:
The story of different versions of citizenship process being told based on which Baja community HOA asked:o

willardguy - 2-21-2021 at 01:39 PM

Maybe, I haven't been to a movie theater since Dust to Glory came out in 2005 or 6. The last horror movie I saw was the remake of the Thing and I thought it was more funny than scary. I watch a very small list of TV shows that I record before watching. NCIS, FBI, FBI Most Wanted and Bull on CBS. Mid-Summer Murder and Death in Paradise on PBS. Supercross on NBC SN. and a Network evening newscast usually ABC because it's on first. Anything else is by accident. I do like reruns of Cheers and two and a half men with Charlie Sheen.

Supercross! wow talk about a Fantasy SX beatdown last nite!:lol: