BajaNomad

Alfonsina's Resort in Bahia San Luis Gonzaga,

smithfamilybajabound - 3-12-2021 at 09:12 AM

I want to book a Alfonsina's Resort in Bahia San Luis Gonzaga but have no way to make a reservation. Can someone give me a suggestion. I want to go on March 23 and do not want to go down without reservation. I appreciate some help!

del mar - 3-12-2021 at 10:00 AM

book thru their website?

https://alfonsinas.com/reservaciones/

steekers - 3-12-2021 at 09:29 PM

Been going to this place for many years. Was looking for a place to buy there but after checking what the Mexican owners are charging for yearly lease (over $5K), that was a deal buster. Then on top of that they get 20% of the sale price! The old days are long gone! Guess they need the money to keep their hotel expanding. I hear their dinky rooms are over $80/nite.

del mar - 3-12-2021 at 09:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by steekers  
Been going to this place for many years. Was looking for a place to buy there but after checking what the Mexican owners are charging for yearly lease (over $5K), that was a deal buster. Then on top of that they get 20% of the sale price! The old days are long gone! Guess they need the money to keep their hotel expanding. I hear their dinky rooms are over $80/nite.

I could be wrong but I think that price is plus $40 for meals that is mandatory?

pacificobob - 3-13-2021 at 07:22 AM

I'm of the opinion that the hotel and cuisine get far more credit than deserved

mtgoat666 - 3-13-2021 at 07:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by steekers  

It’s a free market.

I encourage the land owners to charge what the market will pay.

Life ain’t free! Stop complaining, and get a job!

JZ - 3-13-2021 at 08:30 AM

Beautiful location. Forcing ppl to buy a meal plan is annoying.

Don Jorge - 3-13-2021 at 09:00 AM

There reservation system can require patience as responses are sometimes slow in coming back. Use the link provided earlier. They will get back to you, usually.

We stayed there on a Saturday night two weeks ago arriving w/o a reservation.
Charged us $100 for the double room. We did not eat there. We were happy to pay "market rate" and have a place to sleep out of the wind and from where to start the next day with a hot shower under good water pressure.

It is a beautiful location with the always beautiful Cortez sunrise right outside every morning. They seem to be doing well. Their internet is good enough to check in with folks. When we pay the $100 to stay there it reminds us that $130 a night at the Mission in Loreto is a bargain!

Enjoy your stay!