BajaNomad

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TW (TMW)!

David K - 3-12-2021 at 11:42 AM

I hope you are having a fun day doing what you like!

It was almost 10 years ago we were in Arroyo el Volcán, searching for the Lost Mission of Santa Isabel!

'El Vergel' (Vern), Bill W and 'TW' (Tom)

In 2004, he came to Nuevo Mazatlan to join our Nomad trip to Matomi Canyon waterfalls:

Photo from GeoRock's automatic camera at Rancho Matomi.
From the left: Bob H & Audrey, MaryAnn & Mike Humfreville, Pat & MexRay,
Steve & Edie H, David K, GeoRock & Pete, Bill W & TW.
On the Hummer: Alicia, Sarah, Brittany. In front: Surfer Jim (+Shelby the wonder dog).
Tunaeater & Rudy left before photo taken

bajatrailrider - 3-12-2021 at 04:45 PM

Happy birthday TW 😊👌

advrider - 3-12-2021 at 07:58 PM

Happy birthday. I would love to put a nomad Baja ride together as it looks like you are a moto guy? I'm sure we could get Larry as our fearless leader?

David K - 3-13-2021 at 08:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Happy birthday. I would love to put a nomad Baja ride together as it looks like you are a moto guy? I'm sure we could get Larry as our fearless leader?

TW was a Score Baja M/C racer...

Here are more photos of TW from the 2015 Pole Line Road trip (hosted by Ken Cooke) when we met Larry...

The Calexico meeting point, TW and John M.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the first 1942 cobblestone paving, TW and 4x4abc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a harvested Suzuki coil to try and fix the Bronco (owned by Will).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for the grave of Melchior Diaz, with Joe ('frigatebird').

Here is the group photo I took:

[Edited on 3-13-2021 by David K]

David K - 3-13-2021 at 10:49 AM

The caption is below the photo, not above.

The next photo (with TW pointing) has this caption, below it: With a harvested Suzuki coil to try and fix the Bronco (owned by Will).

I will add more space between the photos.

BornFisher - 3-13-2021 at 11:05 AM

Anyone who wears an Oildale shirt has to be a great guy! Happy Birthday Tom!!

TMW - 3-13-2021 at 12:20 PM

Thanks all, very much appreciated.

I use to ride and race motorcycles. My last race was the 1993 Baja 500 and I had a blast. I gave my last bike to my son in 2013. It was a 2004 Honda XR250. It was the last year Honda made em. I won it in a raffle drawing at the Checkers booth at the Off Road Expo in 2005. I loved that bike but as they say with age comes a cage. I now have two 4x4s, a Tacoma and a 4 Runner.

BajaBlanca - 3-13-2021 at 12:35 PM

Happy birthday Tom!

Found these from 2017!

David K - 3-13-2021 at 02:10 PM

Nice photos of TW and Roy 'The Squarecircle'.*

*Roy is well-known to many Nomads and currently is recovering from some serious health issues. TW has been a super friend to Roy during this recovery. While Covid prevents visiting, he has been getting frequent calls.

BajaBlanca - 3-13-2021 at 03:21 PM

Sorry to hear about Roy. Hopefully, he recovers quickly.

bajatrailrider - 3-13-2021 at 03:37 PM

Dang Atv i been riding with Nomads over 4 weeks now. What are you waiting for wet dirt perfect let's go

TMW - 3-13-2021 at 03:43 PM

Thanks Blanca, I remember that trip. Roy and I had just finished the No Wimp Trail. Roy is not a young pup anymore, he's 81 or 82. He is having problems with his legs. I believe it's from inflammation of the muscles called polymyositis. That's what he had once before. They are running test to see if that is it. It's a long story but he just wasn't taking care of himself and it got out of hand.

willardguy - 3-13-2021 at 04:08 PM

Hour away from the big bash in Arlington in your honor Tom, BRAAAAP

TMW - 3-13-2021 at 06:36 PM

I've got it turn on. LCQ's going now. Roczen and Tomac not doing too good so far but the main is yet to come.