BajaNomad

BOLO: Child molester - Loreto, Baja California Sur

defrag4 - 5-21-2021 at 12:23 PM

~2012 Subaru Forester, Generic fat old white man with a mullet trying to pick up 14 year old girls offering them money for back rubs if they get in his car.

Anyone recognize this guy?? Some friends of mine would like to take him on a little desert ride...

Original Post:
https://www.facebook.com/tiffany.pena.524596/posts/303472847...

[Edited on 5-21-2021 by BajaNomad]

[Edited on 5-23-2021 by defrag4]

pacificobob - 5-21-2021 at 01:50 PM

if true...he needs a ride out to somewhere remote

defrag4 - 5-21-2021 at 01:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
if true...he needs a ride out to somewhere remote

oh its true, watch the video in the facebook link

AKgringo - 5-21-2021 at 02:09 PM

That Subaru would be a useful tool for the back rub!

on the lookout

John M - 5-21-2021 at 05:45 PM

defrag - we'll be through Loreto later this coming week, I've printed out the car and photo.

U2U us with the best way to contact you (or whomever) in the event we get info

John M

advrider - 5-21-2021 at 08:42 PM

I deal with these kinds of creeps all the time, thank god she was smart and stayed away. She might have been lucky to only get raped. There is a lot of desert in Baja for him to see.... These are the kind of non violent offenders that California is letting out of jail, Mexico beware..

BajaBlanca - 5-22-2021 at 06:38 AM

awful, just awful.

KurtG - 5-22-2021 at 12:53 PM

A despicable human, hope he gets caught.

I have one major concern, I look somewhat like that man and drive a white SUV. An Explorer, not a Subaru. I hope those preaching vigilante justice are aware of possible bad identification and possible very bad consequences for an innocent person. I will be in the Mulege/Loreto area in the near future and if that photo is widely distributed it would be a real concern for me.

[Edited on 5-22-2021 by KurtG]

AKgringo - 5-22-2021 at 06:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  

I have one major concern, I look somewhat like that man and drive a white SUV. An Explorer, not a Subaru. I hope those preaching vigilante justice are aware of possible bad identification and possible very bad consequences for an innocent person. I will be in the Mulege/Loreto area in the near future and if that photo is widely distributed it would be a real concern for me.

I never thought about a mistaken identity by some vigilante! I don't look just like him, but there are a few general similarities about me that could be a problem.

If I was in Loreto, I would finally have a reason to wear a mask while driving alone in my car! :(

[Edited on 5-23-2021 by AKgringo]

KurtG - 5-22-2021 at 07:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  

I never thought about mistaken a identity by some vigilante! I don't look just like him, but there are a few general similarities about me that could be a problem.

If I was in Loreto, I would finally have a reason to wear a mask while driving alone in my car! :(

Promoting vigilante action without thinking about mistaken identity is a great concern. I happen to not be in Baja right now but am headed south in the next couple of weeks. I look enough like that photo that my partner Kathy did a double take when I showed it to her and she is concerned about me traveling to those towns alone.

So what do the Nomads who favored such action do when they see me on the street in Mulege or Loreto? Call their friends to "take me out in the desert?" There are Nomads who know me who have been on the site today. I wonder what they thought when they saw that photo. It was also posted on the Mulege News page. "Frontier Justice" sounds good until you get the wrong guy.

Lee - 5-22-2021 at 07:26 PM

Think the age of consent in BCS is still 12. Driver might think Loreto is the same as TJ. Is this a cultural difference?

Maderita - 5-22-2021 at 08:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Think the age of consent in BCS is still 12...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_Ameri...

The legal concept of "estrupo" is interesting.

elgatoloco - 5-23-2021 at 08:58 AM

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/21/us/texas-family-murder-mistak...

defrag4 - 5-23-2021 at 11:09 AM

yes its widely distributed photo now,

if you have an old balding white man skullet i would suggest cutting off ASAP

not for mistaken identity, just because it looks like chit :P

defrag4 - 5-23-2021 at 11:13 AM

lightened pic

del mar - 5-23-2021 at 11:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by defrag4  
lightened pic

I'd be thrilled to have as much hair as Chester!

motoged - 5-23-2021 at 11:23 AM

oh its true, watch the video in the facebook link

Oh....it's true because it's on Futzbook ?? :?:

Really ????

Just like a stolen election?

KurtG - 5-23-2021 at 12:24 PM

yes its widely distributed photo now,

if you have an old balding white man skullet i would suggest cutting off ASAP

not for mistaken identity, just because it looks like chit :P

No mullet but there is a resemblance. The Texas incident posted above shows what can happen when self-righteous Aholes take vigilante action. An innocent young man is dead and those involved are facing murder charges.

So what are you and your "take him out to the desert" friends going to do? Go after every white haired guy in his 70's who is driving a white SUV?

I have a simple plan for my upcoming trip. I'm carrying receipts showing that I was 1000 north of Loreto when this incident happened and will keep my receipts from my southbound travels as well as a new FMM with the date I crossed the border just in case checkpoints and locals have that photo posted Might seem paranoid on my part but I have seen bad outcomes caused by mistaken ID. Circulating this guy's photo and the video is a good thing, suggesting "take him out to the desert" is not. That vigilante attitude is what I have a problem with and your attempt at haircut humor does little to reassure me.

Again, I would like to see this guy identified. Odds of him facing Police action are probably small but Mexican Immigration officers have wide latitude in banning individuals from Mexico.