BajaNomad

When your love for Baja makes you ... (giant wall map)

David K - 10-26-2021 at 05:49 PM

Turn your 2021 Benchmark Baja California Atlas into a 14 foot tall WALL MAP

HA! The cartographers at Benchmark Maps really fell in love with their Baja mapping project... This is in their Oregon office.

I was sent this image yesterday and was told I could share it:

>>>Here's a pic of the one copy of our Baja Landscape Maps as a wall print, at Neil's office in Medford (with our cartographer Ryan). It's 14' tall at publication scale.<<<

David K - 10-26-2021 at 05:54 PM

Want to make your own?
I guess you would need at least three Atlases? Maybe we should do the math!

Baja Bound still is selling them below list price, for $20!
https://www.bajabound.com/baja-atlas

bajajoaquin - 10-26-2021 at 06:11 PM

I'd buy one if they were available. I have a stairwell it could go in.

geoffff - 10-26-2021 at 09:39 PM

Nice! If I had a wall that tall...

I have done this with somewhat smaller maps. I love drawing my routes out on the wall.

basautter - 10-27-2021 at 04:33 AM

Awesome!

David K - 10-27-2021 at 06:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by geoffff  
Nice! If I had a wall that tall...

I have done this with somewhat smaller maps. I love drawing my routes out on the wall.

Right!
I taped two AAA maps (front and back for Norte & Sur) together to make a wall map with roads I had driven highlighted...

BajaBlanca - 10-27-2021 at 06:24 AM

That is so cool!

grace59 - 10-27-2021 at 07:59 AM

Wow, that is amazing. I wonder what they used to attach it to the wall.

geoffff - 10-27-2021 at 10:17 PM

Looks like thumb tacks in their photo.

When I did it at my house, I used rubber cement.

mtgoat666 - 10-28-2021 at 01:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Turn your 2021 Benchmark Baja California Atlas into a 14 foot tall WALL MAP

HA! The cartographers at Benchmark Maps really fell in love with their Baja mapping project... This is in their Oregon office.

I was sent this image yesterday and was told I could share it:

>>>Here's a pic of the one copy of our Baja Landscape Maps as a wall print, at Neil's office in Medford (with our cartographer Ryan). It's 14' tall at publication scale.<<<

Looks like that is a single print on roll paper.

Does benchmark sell a 7’-tall wall map of baja peninsula? They should, it might sell well.

wilderone - 10-28-2021 at 08:03 AM

Business venture for someone creative: Make wallpaper rolls of actual maps. Sections of north and south, they would repeat. Great accent wall in a den. Could put up a shelf with shells, etc.

David K - 10-28-2021 at 09:42 AM

The Benchmark Baja Wall Map is coming soon... a nearly 4 ft. tall by 30" wide, full-color map.

This was something I had been pushing Benchmark to create since I know how some of us Baja nuts love to have Baja maps on our walls!

It (sadly) is not big enough to show all the details seen on the main (Landscape) maps... more like the Recreation guide maps (pges 12-18) but with more vibrant colors.

I was sent the final version last week to see how well it ships in a tube... it arrived perfectly.

AKgringo - 10-28-2021 at 09:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The Benchmark Baja Wall Map is coming soon... a nearly 4 ft. tall by 30" wide, full-color map.

I'll take two.....one to mark up, and one for display and back-up!