BajaNomad

Favorite La Paz restaurants?

KristinS - 12-7-2021 at 04:32 PM

I'd love to know! Delicious food, ambiance a plus. :) Thanks!!

JZ - 12-7-2021 at 05:03 PM

Odayaka Sushi Bar. At Costa Baja. Really good.

Il Rustico for Italian.

Tiramisu - 5th Febrero y Prieto

akmaxx - 12-7-2021 at 08:23 PM

For a fun time, street side people watching, buying bottle after bottle of vino at OXXO across the street and a great plate of handmade pasta, fettucini, raviolis, or lasagna for just a couple of bucks nothing beats, or comes close to, Tiramisu.

Just up 5th de Febrero past the giant domed church, an easy walk from the marinas or malecon.

A plate of pasta, bread, salad for 5-6 bucks and an authentic Italian cook yelling and gesticulating like it's grandmas kitchen. Top it off with a namesake tiramisu or 1,000 layer cake and an espresso that will put hair on your nethers....bring 6 friends, eat quality pasta, drink, laugh and eat some more for under a hundred dollar bill. Can't think of another place you can do this, at this quality, in BCS or many places in the world.

It's an experience, crazy cheap, and silky smooth pasta like it should be.

My two cents.

bajarich - 12-7-2021 at 08:26 PM

We have always enjoyed a meal at Polermo's Italian Restaurant on the Malecon. Pricey but excellent food and atmosphere.

JDCanuck - 12-8-2021 at 10:20 AM

Newer Sushi Longer Malecon Restaurant at Bravo and on Malecon(old Applebees site), not just Sushi, Chile Rellenos appetizers were my favourite, others liked the Japanese dishes. Nemi, NIM or MacFisher were recommended to us, but were never open when we wanted to eat. I personally liked the Jungle(new name, used to be called Tribu and this is still shown on Google walkaround) upper level further up the Malecon past the ice cream places.

[Edited on 12-8-2021 by JDCanuck]

bajasammy - 12-8-2021 at 10:56 AM

We ate at NIM in late Oct during our 3 week drive trip, and it was probably our favorite dinner of the entire journey. The black sea bass was incredible, as was the beef carpaccio! Seafood tacos also excellent.

KristinS - 12-8-2021 at 10:57 AM

Any favorite mexican options? La Paz sounds very cosmopolitan these days!! (i haven't been for 20ish years)

John Harper - 12-8-2021 at 11:04 AM

I'm surprised no one referred you to Starbucks and McDonalds.

John

4x4abc - 12-8-2021 at 12:03 PM

NIM and its sister operation Azul Marino are probably the best and least pretentious restaurants in La Paz.
Constantly good.
The rest?
Lotsa mayo and slimy sauces
Sushi in La Paz?
Yikes!

JDCanuck - 12-8-2021 at 12:07 PM

Only the local Mexican relatives ordered the fast food American stuff John. I ordered Mexican, and they ordered burgers and fries every time i took them out for dinner. Their constant favourite was Carls Jr. for takeout, while I was into shrimp Empanadas. There was this one really good fish Taco place well off the Malecon, https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150771-d88252...
but most of the time I just ate at the Mercados and never once was disappointed.

4x4abc - 12-8-2021 at 12:17 PM

food is not only for your taste buds
it is definitely a social exercise
and many times people don't ask they taste buds - they ask what do I need to eat/drink to be cool
I forgot - the word cool is no longer cool
which word is used today?
help me!

chippy - 12-8-2021 at 12:21 PM

Mr. Fish for fish and marisco tacos:bounce:.

mtgoat666 - 12-8-2021 at 12:38 PM

my favs:
el estadio fish tacos
NIM
tiramisu
tacos perrones
mac-fisher
doce cuarenta

BajaBlanca - 12-8-2021 at 07:13 PM

Mexican?

Go to el Sarape at the very end of the boardwalk. Next to Tailhunter's.

Their chilaquiles are to die for and one order is easily enough for 4 or more people!

We always eat upstairs, right on the balcony.

Lee - 12-8-2021 at 09:05 PM

Asadero Rancho Viejo on Marquez de Leon, block off Malecon, and there's one on the Malecon.

Marty Mateo - 12-9-2021 at 03:24 PM

Maristos El Toro Güero is a good spot for a variety of dishes ,El Mezquite Grill does excellent steaks and J&R Ribs is a good spot as well.

Marty Mateo - 12-9-2021 at 03:31 PM

And Maria California for breakfast

BajaBlanca - 12-9-2021 at 03:45 PM

We too like Maria California for breakfasts!

Cancamo - 12-9-2021 at 05:32 PM

"Maristos" El Toro Güero

Mariscos= Seafood