BajaNomad

Wonderful week!

BajaBlanca - 12-21-2021 at 09:11 PM

So much going on this past week!

Bajadogs came to visit bringing goodies galore! Paper, crayons, and the ipads/computers that Pat from San Ignacio kindly mailed to him. It must have cost a pretty penny and I am ever grateful. Tomorrow is the Christmas posada (party) and meeting, are the students ever going to be happy with these.

I saw that my friend who owns a bookstore in Ensenada and another in G Negro, happened to be at a children's book fair in Guerrero Negro two days ago, so I asked her to pick out 10 books and send via baja pack to Vizcaino, where another friend picked them up for me.

My friend sent along some extra books, she always does. These will be for Tidiana's kids this Christmas.

Back to La Bocana. Remember the Christmas tree with all the gifts for the scholarship recipients?

It looks different now.

I decided to splurge a bit. A friend just divorced and ended up without anything, so she reopened a party store. I have asked her to decorate the venue tomorrow. It is going to cost $35 but I feel this is money very well spent!

This years main message is for the kids to continue to look for those big company job positions that provide health insurance, job growth, paid vacations, paid holidays and the biggie!!!! Retirement!!!!!

Merry Christmas and stay tuned for the posada photos!