BajaNomad

Memorial Day 2011: Family Fun and BajaRob visits. Added: July 4th wind blown trip.

David K - 1-2-2022 at 11:42 AM

The next new trip album/report page now done: https://vivabaja.com/511-2/

A super human, BajaRob (of Bahía Santa María complex) and Connie come to visit, and they bring champagne! Rob passed away last year, 10 years after this photo. :(

[Edited on 1-3-2022 by David K]

David K - 1-2-2022 at 06:18 PM

Just finished (for now) building the July 4, 2011 trip page:
July 2011: Shell Island, Gonzaga Bay, El Rosario, with Kristi 
https://vivabaja.com/july-4th-weekend-shell-island-to-gonzag...

This was the same weekend that the hurricane wind got us, and had capsized the fishing vessel, 'The Erik' with loss of life.

Shell Island Camp (before the wind event)

Saying goodbye to edm1, Art and wife Nora, who tried to get their new, bigger 4x4 motorhome to our camp.

Happy to be at Gonzaga Bay... if just for a few minutes on our way to Baja Cactus Motel, in El Rosario.

[Edited on 1-3-2022 by David K]

edm1 - 1-4-2022 at 05:23 AM

Happy New Year David! How are you and Elizabeth these days? Both in retirement?

And Kristi? I liked her, couldn't get my eyes off her. Did she settle down and have a family, kids? Say hi to her for me.

David K - 1-4-2022 at 09:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by edm1  
Happy New Year David! How are you and Elizabeth these days? Both in retirement?

And Kristi? I liked her, couldn't get my eyes off her. Did she settle down and have a family, kids? Say hi to her for me.

Happy New Year to you and Nora (did I get your wife's name correct?)!

I am retired from my 40-years in the irrigation industry but still write articles for Baja Bound's online newsletter, and am selling my mission books... amazing they keep selling after nearly 6 years!

Kristy got married and now has two boys with husband Kenny. I will relay your greetings next time we talk!

Here is Kristi and Elizabeth with the boys (who are both gingers like their dad):

edm1 - 1-6-2022 at 06:14 AM

Very cute babies. I now have 5 grandkids, ages 3-9, who make me very happy when they're around. Nora is fine, thank you.

(I think this should have been a U2U, so I'll let it end here).

David K - 1-6-2022 at 10:21 AM

Well, it is so good to see you here!
U2U for a possible get-together if you are still in SoCal.

I am keeping busy with the all-new VivaBaja.com! Upgrading old pages and adding new ones... plus (with geoffff's help) adding many more maps to the maps section!