BajaNomad

How we got a SENTRI interview appointment

John M - 2-16-2022 at 05:46 PM

Being frustrated trying to make an appointment online for our SENTRI renewal interview appointment, I fished around and finally came up with a real phone number and talked with a real person who was very helpful. Soonest appointment he could give was in August. Doesn't matter to us as our temporary extension will still be valid.

SENTRI (619) 690-7600 - extension 5

John M

[Edited on 2-17-2022 by John M]

JZ - 2-16-2022 at 05:59 PM

What a great find.

tjsue - 2-17-2022 at 07:44 PM

You can get an appointment very quickly if you just stalk the TT website. Someone on here posted this, I tried it, and it works. You just log in, stay logged in, and keep checking to reschedule your appointment.

It works. I moved my appointment up by almost a year.

Santiago - 2-19-2022 at 07:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tjsue  
You can get an appointment very quickly if you just stalk the TT website. Someone on here posted this, I tried it, and it works. You just log in, stay logged in, and keep checking to reschedule your appointment.

It works. I moved my appointment up by almost a year.

True dat

thebajarunner - 2-19-2022 at 10:40 AM

So, how do you move up pre-approval??
I am still "pending" after four months
My wife was pre-approved in ten days, filed apps same day.

I hate the government!!!

JZ - 2-19-2022 at 10:46 AM

Did you call that number?

Two approval dates

John M - 2-19-2022 at 01:16 PM

I got pre-approved in November my wife in late January. We filled out the paperwork at the same time.

JM

This works. No it is not free.

Don Jorge - 2-19-2022 at 03:02 PM

https://appointmentscanner.com/

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=95238&pag...

bajaben - 2-19-2022 at 04:51 PM

If you are willing to travel out of California you can get an appointment sooner. Some locations in Texas have appointments in February and there are locations in Arizona with late March appointments.

Global Entry is the way to go. It's a little less expensive than SENTRI plus you get expedited security and customs checks at airports and there are so many more locations for appointments. SENTRI is available to any citizen of any country as long as they are admissible to the US. Global Entry requires a passport to apply.

tjsue - 2-19-2022 at 05:34 PM

No, I didn't call the number. I tried appointment scanner and found that it was a waste of time for me. It sent me lots of appointments, but I was never able to get any of them.

I cancelled the subscription, and on the advice of someone else on here (don't remember his name), logged into the TT website, stayed logged into it, and kept checking to reschedule my appointment.

Within a week, I was able to reschedule my appointment from November 2020 to July 2020, just by continually checking the TT website.

Udo - 2-20-2022 at 12:02 PM

Switch your SENTRI from that to GLOBAL ENTRY. You can get an appointment at any international airport almost immediately!

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
Being frustrated trying to make an appointment online for our SENTRI renewal interview appointment, I fished around and finally came up with a real phone number and talked with a real person who was very helpful. Soonest appointment he could give was in August. Doesn't matter to us as our temporary extension will still be valid.

John M

Chup - 2-20-2022 at 04:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
Switch your SENTRI from that to GLOBAL ENTRY. You can get an appointment at any international airport almost immediately!

Quote: Originally posted by John M  

John M

x2 - Wife applied in mid Jan for GOES, had numerous available appts at the airport for interview starting end of January. Even got the card in the mail 10 days later after interview.

jeo20 - 7-4-2023 at 06:27 PM

I know this is an old thread but I'd like to pass along a useful tip for those who are considering applying for the Global Entry, Nexus, Sentri, etc.. program.

I personally signed up for the global entry program and It was quite a surprise to discover that you can't just show up for the interview. Certain locations require appointments and may deny entry if you haven't scheduled one.

I know someone mentioned a scanner in the thread but there's a better one called https://www.ttptracker.com/. I found it while browsing Reddit. They even have a free tool that sends computer alerts, which proved invaluable in helping my family and me plan accordingly. If you're pressed for time, they even offer an SMS option.

Good luck!