BajaNomad

Riding a sportsbike from SD to Cabo San lucas

CBRJOJO - 2-22-2022 at 07:11 AM

A friend and I are thinking of riding our 300r’s down the Baja peninsula. Has anyone done this? What equipment did you use? I need advice….

I’m getting risers installed on my handle bars. Other than that that’s the only modification I doing to my bike beside the tail bag.

mtgoat666 - 2-22-2022 at 08:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CBRJOJO  
A friend and I are thinking of riding our 300r’s down the Baja peninsula. Has anyone done this? What equipment did you use? I need advice….

I’m getting risers installed on my handle bars. Other than that that’s the only modification I doing to my bike beside the tail bag.

Yes, it has been done before. Many Mexicans own sportsbikes. The hwy and urban roads are paved. The primary unpaved roads are maintained (though often washboarded)

You need same equipment in Mexico as you need in USA for a long road trip…

CBRJOJO - 2-22-2022 at 08:32 AM

Sweet thanks MTgoat666 I’m glad it’s been done before. It makes me more confident in going in the next day or two.

MulegeAL - 2-22-2022 at 11:38 AM

2 days ago, chatting with a couple of mex nationals riding Honda 150cc bikes, here in Mulege. Full on camping loads, they own big bikes too, were on a small bike tour.

When you depart south? Lodging tight around San Felipe next month for a race.

CBRJOJO - 2-22-2022 at 05:29 PM

I’m leaving in the next day or two. But now I’m thinking of just driving my bike in the back of my truck and riding it in Cabo San Lucas.

Don Pisto - 2-22-2022 at 07:17 PM

I’m leaving in the next day or two. But now I’m thinking of just driving my bike in the back of my truck and riding it in Cabo San Lucas.

now you're thinking...bet that truck has a HEATER! and a stereo and ice chest......;)

mtgoat666 - 2-22-2022 at 07:48 PM

Just leave the bike at home.
Take fishing poles, tackle, SUP, surf board, etc.

Why do you want a sportbike in cabo?

Most people that bike in baja are there for the dirt biking,…

advrider - 2-22-2022 at 08:29 PM

Leave the truck, take the bike, much more fun. If you need a heater you probably don't ride much.