BajaNomad

Bonnie will soon lie over the Ocean

pauldavidmena - 7-2-2022 at 07:27 AM

Tropical Storm Bonnie originated in the Atlantic but will soon be crossing over to the Pacific via Nicaragua and Costa Rica. It doesn't look likely to impact Baja, but it's probably too soon to tell for certain,

RFClark - 7-2-2022 at 10:39 AM

Bonnie is headed for Hawaii on the Trades!

A strange start to the hurricane season!

AKgringo - 7-2-2022 at 11:53 AM

Agatha and Bonnie....one flew east, and one flew west, and they both crossed over to the other side. It seems being a Hurricane, or a Typhoon can be a matter of choice!

Edit; My mistake, I guess Bonnie can't be a typhoon unless she makes it to the Western Pacific.

[Edited on 7-3-2022 by AKgringo]

pauldavidmena - 7-3-2022 at 10:29 AM

It looks like Bonnie might reach hurricane strength later today. Apparently it's the first time a named storm from the Atlantic survived impact with land and emerged in the Pacific since Hurricane Otto in 2016. Evidently the storm retains its original name even though the Eastern Pacific has already had a "B" storm (Blas) and this is the fourth named storm of the Pacific hurricane season. "Darby" will have to wait!

surfhat - 7-3-2022 at 11:10 AM

What was that song that comes to mind. Help me. haha

Bonnie will soon die over the Ocean

pauldavidmena - 7-5-2022 at 08:06 AM

According to the latest update from the National Hurricane Center, Bonnie became a major hurricane overnight but continues to track away from both mainland Mexico and Baja. It looks like we've dodged the Bonnie bullet.

[Edited on 7-5-2022 by pauldavidmena]