BajaNomad

Short trip to the Mountains around Alanya, Turkey

BajaBlanca - 7-30-2022 at 05:57 AM

It has been getting progessively hotter here, so we decided to take a 24 hour trip to the mountains not too far away.

The ride to get to Ermenek/Saravileler was beautiful!

Signs so we know we are on the right road!

This is where we stopped for gozleme - kind of like a quesadilla.

This is the view back to our hometown - look at youtube videos on Alanya. We chose a truly wonderful place to live.

This is a mosque built in 1302. There are other interesting mosques there, we intend to rent a place for the summer, once we find one, I will explore more.

All over Turkiye there are cave cities - some incredibly intricate with different floors, kitchens, livingrooms, bedrooms etc. Next time we go, I want to climb into one.

Turkey has the most amazing fruit. We met a family that invited us to go strawberry picking. So sweet! They also told us we could stay in their house for free, for the month. How is that for hospitality? Everything here is about family and friends of family. Truly remarkable how welcoming the country is.

This teahouse preserved the tree and built around it.

We hunted for and found the local English teacher! He is the only one who spoke English and once we find a rental, we shall be working together teaching the older locals who want to learn, for free (he teaches elementary school).

It was such a wonderful little escape. The mountains were easily 10 degrees or more cooler. Alanya in the summer is scorching hot and humid. After Baja, this is no fun for this lady. I got very spoiled in La Bocana!

I hope you enjoyed the mini vacation, we sure did.

SFandH - 7-30-2022 at 06:19 AM

Nice countryside. The teahouse looks like a great place to hang out for a while. I like the building.

Maybe you can introduce jalapeno or serrano chilis to the area. Whip up some salsa fresca and tortilla chips for the locals.

advrider - 7-30-2022 at 08:02 AM

Very cool, enjoy the cool weather.

David K - 7-30-2022 at 08:28 AM

Nice photo trip, thanks!