BajaNomad

Todos Santos cops on quads

AKgringo - 10-6-2022 at 04:45 PM

I have been exploring the town, trying to find my way around, and I have seen police driving quads with red and blue lights ready for action.

They either have a couple of them, or the guy I have seen really gets around. It looks like the main duty is traffic and parking enforcement in the center of town. but I have seen it/them on the outskirts as well.

Hook - 10-7-2022 at 06:31 AM

Hey Gringo, you are obviously down there right now. In your travels, how much damage have you seen from the last hurricane that impacted the peninsula?

AKgringo - 10-7-2022 at 12:38 PM

Hook, I saw your post this morning, but was on the way out the door in the next few minutes. Generally speaking, the damage has been from water more than wind, and seemed to be worse in the north and central gulf coast. I did not travel hwy 1 north of the hwy 5 junction.

As you probably saw on this forum, Santa Rosalia and Mulege got hit badly after I passed through there. Here is what passes for a road report from me;
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=97976&got...

I have not been on the road much since arriving in Todos Santos, other than exploring local roads and beach access. The damage does not appear to me to have been significant, but I don't have much history here to have a "before" Kay visual.

All along the way, the humidity has been higher than I am accustomed to, and flies, mosquitos, and gnats have been obnoxious. Things have been getting better here in Todos, but those damned gnats are still literally in my face!

tiotomasbcs - 10-9-2022 at 10:43 AM

My Home town...gnats are called Bobos here and come out after rains , flies and mosquitos during rainy season. Locals prepare mixture of water, soap, etc to hang outside!Kay created no damage here as she didn't linger and rain and winds were minimal. We were lucky. Olaf last year was Cat 1 with 60/70 miph winds and strong rains! but moved over us quickly! Ocean temps still warm..upper 70s but nights are cooling, thankfully. AKgringo..lets get a beer before you go.

AKgringo - 10-9-2022 at 02:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
My Home town... AKgringo..lets get a beer before you go.

It shouldn't be hard to work that into my schedule, if I ever create one! Monday is another car repair day, and Tuesday is a load up the Trooper day for a Wednesday departure.

I will send you a U2U later today.