BajaNomad

Wash day in Todos Santos....Car, and laundry

AKgringo - 10-7-2022 at 04:01 PM

I first tried to get my car washed yesterday before noon. He had two cars ahead of me (that I could see) so he told me to come back at 4:00. I did, and there were now three cars ahead of me, so he told me to come back at 9:00 this morning.

I showed up at 8:45 and got in line before he even showed up. Glad I did, because if I had showed up at 9:00 I would have been third or fourth in line again!

Over the last three weeks, my dog and I have thrashed that poor Isuzu inside and out. I tried to communicate that I did not need it detailed, because I was headed back off road to replace all of the mud, dust and sand that I wanted them to get rid of.

They don't work that way, so I got a well detailed job that the guy and gal put an hour and a half into. The price was 200 pesos!

Later that afternoon I picked up the pillowcase full of dirty clothes that I have accumulated so far. It was washed, dried and folded for 70 pesos!

tiotomasbcs - 10-8-2022 at 11:33 AM

Ya gotta LOVE It! I'm a rich man on my measley pension. House keepers are also a small ..$ amount to pay ...3hrs cost me $300pesos!

surabi - 10-8-2022 at 12:10 PM

There are no such thing as appointments in Mexico
First come, first served for most things. Even when you have an official govt. appt., good luck. I had an 1 pm appt. at the Mexican tax office last week, and I and about 60 other people who also had appts. sat there for 3 hours before our numbers came up. The actual paperwork I went for took all of 5 minutes.