BajaNomad

DRONES...UPDATE

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 1-21-2023 at 03:34 PM

Regarding drone laws (Just the same, do your own research.): https://globalmediadesk.com/blog/filming-with-drones-what-yo... ***There are no laws on operating drones weighing under 2kg other than they cannot be used at night.*** All drone flights must be operated in daylight only. A permit is required for operation of drones weighing between 2kg and 25kg. A permit and pilot license are required for operation of drones weighing over 25kg. (Interesting…….Cheryl)

FROM PONEX

re: Drones

TMW - 1-21-2023 at 03:58 PM

JZ your in trouble

JZ - 1-21-2023 at 05:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
JZ your in trouble

2 kg is pretty big. The Mavic Pro I use is only 895 grams.

My Mini 3 Pro is only 250 grams. Thing films in 4K with 60 FPS, flies 37 MPH and has a range of more than 4 miles.

[Edited on 1-22-2023 by JZ]

mtgoat666 - 1-21-2023 at 06:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
JZ your in trouble

2KG is pretty big. The Mavic Pro I use is only 895 grams.

My Mini 3 Pro is only 250 grams. Thing films in 4K with 60 FPS, flies 37 MPH and has a range of more than 4 miles.

Shorty,
I think the new law says foreigners are not allowed to operate drones. You’ll have to limit your pervy activities to north of the border.

You have to register most any drone over a certain weight. The permits are for heavier drones. Foreigners can’t register or permit.

[Edited on 1-22-2023 by mtgoat666]

JZ - 1-21-2023 at 07:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Shorty,
I think the new law says foreigners are not allowed to operate drones. You’ll have to limit your pervy activities to north of the border.

You have to register most any drone over a certain weight. The permits are for heavier drones. Foreigners can’t register or permit.

Not worried. I'll take the drone. In the unlikely event someone gives me grief, I'll pay them to ignore it.

[Edited on 1-23-2023 by JZ]

TMW - 1-21-2023 at 11:09 PM

In Mexico money talks. Goat you should know that

mtgoat666 - 1-22-2023 at 02:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Shorty,

Not worried. I'll take the drone. In the unlikely event event someone gives me grief, I'll pay them to ignore it.

In Mexico money talks. Goat you should know that

Y’all think breaking the law is ok in Mexico, just need to throw the LEO 20 bucks.
You might be be technically right, but are certainly morally wrong.

surfhat - 1-22-2023 at 09:59 AM

If JZ's drones are under the limit as he claims, it is under the limit. Done. Geez.

I have appreciated his drone views and hope they continue.

Lee - 1-22-2023 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  
If JZ's drones are under the limit as he claims, it is under the limit. Done. Geez.

Ditto.

Not to mention some of the more stupid laws: no smoking on the beach. Is this the new woke Baja?

Waiting for: No smoking in Baja.

mtgoat666 - 1-22-2023 at 10:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  

Ditto.

Not to mention some of the more stupid laws: no smoking on the beach. Is this the new woke Baja?

Waiting for: No smoking in Baja.

Smoking bans are good. Smoking is stupid.

AKgringo - 1-22-2023 at 10:38 AM

I don't smoke, and wish that nobody else did, but the new restrictions seem extreme to me.

Which do you think is a greater threat to the health concerns in Mexico, tobacco use, or the high carb and fat diet that so many citizens enjoy?

mtgoat666 - 1-22-2023 at 12:14 PM

The registration form clearly states: “K1. El Operador de RPAS, debe llenar el siguiente formato, por cada RPAS con un peso máximo de despegue superior a 250 gramos, para operarlo en el espacio aéreo mexicano. Antes de operarlo, debe registrar esta información en el sitio de internet de la SCT/DGAC.”
https://www.gob.mx/cms/uploads/attachment/file/602726/apendi...

Read the regs at https://www.gob.mx/cms/uploads/attachment/file/602732/nom-10...

mtgoat666 - 1-22-2023 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Eating laws are next, they are not happy until they can control every moment of your life. Today smoking, tomorrow eating!
I do feel the same about smoking but I can choose to not be where smokers are, and am not compelled to take away anyone's rights to enjoy a legal product.

Nothing wrong with banning unhealthy foods and dangerous chemicals from our society. Many people are clueless about safety, and need help making choices in life. Corporations are motivated by profit and often do not take care to protect customers or employees safety/health if such actions impact profits. That’s why we have building codes, pollution laws, regulations to govern food quality, regulations to test/approve medicines, speed limits and traffic laws, occupational health rules to protect workers for on the job hazards, etc.

advrider - 1-22-2023 at 07:17 PM

Love the drone shots as well. Hate smoking too, but if you want to smoke or eat chit food then you should be able to. The info should be provided but you get to make your own decision.
Just a guess goat, but I bet your pro weed. Stuff smells worse than cigs, but if you want to partake then have at it.

JZ - 1-22-2023 at 08:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
SEE, I told you so!!! 😂 They can't help themselves to feel superior and a need to tell others how to live.

This is very condescending. If you don't think there is an effort to control us you have zero understanding of what is going on.

I could post a thousand examples, but I'll leave it at the above.

RFClark - 1-24-2023 at 01:44 PM

This thread is actually about drone use in Mexico. All there is to say on the subject is tourists can’t use them period. Those here shooting for commercial purposes probably can get a permit depending on the who, what and where of the project. That said they might need a Mexican operator for the project.

Often I think that it’s a shame that dawn pistols at 30 paces have gone out of fashion!

[Edited on 1-25-2023 by RFClark]