BajaNomad

Starlink Mexico

tougholdman - 6-22-2023 at 02:56 PM

I have 2 questions for those who have Starlink / Mexico. 1) If ordered to Mexico, will i be surfing in Spanish or English. i just had Hughesnet.MX installed and just about everything I surf is in Spanish. I don't speak Spanish. 2) Will Magic Jack work with Starlink. No compatible with Hughesnet

Thank you Tougholdman

JZ - 6-22-2023 at 03:32 PM

Starlink is just an internet connection. You can surf in whatever language you prefer.

"Starlink supports common VoIP apps like Skype and Microsoft Teams. Popular internet-based telephone services like Ooma and MagicJack also work with Starlink."
https://blinqblinq.com/does-voip-work-with-starlink/

SFandH - 6-22-2023 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tougholdman  
i just had Hughesnet.MX installed and just about everything I surf is in Spanish. I don't speak Spanish.

Thank you Tougholdman

I bet that's because HughesNet.mx is assigning a Mexican IP address to your computer. Many websites assume you want Spanish.

I assume starlink.mx would do the same, but I'm not sure.

Read about Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). You can get a U.S. IP address when in Mexico by installing a VPN application on your computer.

Google "IP address" and/or "VPN" if you need more info.

I use NordVPN when a Mex IP address is causing problems when using a US website from Mexico.

[Edited on 6-22-2023 by SFandH]

larryC - 6-23-2023 at 06:20 AM

Good info from both posters. I would add that magicJack and other voip's are unnecessary with starlink. You can use your cell phone as long as you have wifi calling enabled. You phone will work as if you were in the US using a good cell service. In other words no delays when speaking.

mjs - 6-23-2023 at 08:34 AM

You will get a Mexico city ip address with starlink/mx. So ads will typically be aimed at a mexican user. How you setup your browser/search engine will determine those results.

Vpn, streaming and voip services work fine.

imlost - 6-23-2023 at 08:36 AM

As larryC mentioned, you can get rid of that MagicJack and simply set your cell phone for wifi calling. It works really well. It was a total game changer for us to finally have good cell connection and fast internet.

tougholdman - 6-23-2023 at 12:37 PM

Well I called hughesnet/mx but that was a waste of time. This morning i started to stream Roku which now doesn't work neither does tubi. So i tried amazon prime and all movies were in Spanish. I not worried about phone as i have internation calling. The problem is surfing the internet and streaming TV.

I guess I'll pay for a VPN.

Next question. How about Starlink Roaming. If i use a san diego address will it work there and here in Mx

Don Pisto - 6-23-2023 at 12:48 PM

Well I called hughesnet/mx but that was a waste of time. This morning i started to stream Roku which now doesn't work neither does tubi. So i tried amazon prime and all movies were in Spanish. I not worried about phone as i have internation calling. The problem is surfing the internet and streaming TV.

I guess I'll pay for a VPN.

Next question. How about Starlink Roaming. If i use a san diego address will it work there and here in Mx

keep in mind Roku doesn't support VPN, start by buying a firestick.I just lost my starlink (the neighbor I shared with moved back to america) so now im just using a personal hotspot, and surprisingly the speed rivals what I was getting with starlink!

SFandH - 6-23-2023 at 12:50 PM

Starlink works much better than hughesnet. It's faster and more reliable. If you're in Mex, buy it there, it's about 1/2 the price than in the US. You'll need an address to receive the hardware.

I don't know about moving the dish between the US and Mex.

tougholdman - 6-23-2023 at 12:55 PM

To: Don Pisto: What will a firestick do for me?

To: SF and H: I prefer to order it to Mexico as I have a address it can be delivered. But if I still have the spanish problem, does me no good.

tougholdman - 6-23-2023 at 12:57 PM

There has to be someone on this site that has order Starlink to Mexico and know whether it can be setup to use English only.

Don Pisto - 6-23-2023 at 01:02 PM

There has to be someone on this site that has order Starlink to Mexico and know whether it can be setup to use English only.

I ordered it here had it shipped to DSL in rosarito mounted the dish plugged it in all was in english, couldn't have been easier. if you're gonna buy VPN it'll connect seamlessly with firestick....

JDCanuck - 6-23-2023 at 01:10 PM

Yes, I have Starlink in Mexico, and I use English only for all my sites, other than my Mexican bank which allows me to switch to English on the first login page. The previous posters indicated a lot of the websites advertisements that will be displayed will default to Spanish, as Mexico is where the IP is located.

The problem we did run into was accessing our financial sites in Canada as they wanted us to be in Canada and recognized we were logging in from Mexico, so they locked us out of access. There are ways around this, but tends to be different for each financial site.

Netflix was easily ported through the Firestick on my old account, same English movies but a lot of newer suggested ones were in Spanish. I assume if you just don't watch Spanish movies they will disappear as Netflix continues to learn your preferences.

[Edited on 6-23-2023 by JDCanuck]

Don Pisto - 6-23-2023 at 01:26 PM

one of the cool things you can do with a VPN is by toggling it on and off you switch between netflix america and netflix mexico.....every once and awhile the mexican version will have a nugget

SFandH - 6-23-2023 at 01:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  

The problem we did run into was accessing our financial sites in Canada as they wanted us to be in Canada and recognized we were logging in from Mexico, so they locked us out of access.

This is precisely why you use a VPN. You select a Canadian VPN server using the VPN software and it will assign a Canadian IP address to your computer.

The bank thinks your sitting under a pine tree drinking Labatt beer, and eating cheddar cheese and Canadian bacon. It doesn't know about the palm tree, Pacifico beer, tacos, and frijoles.

[Edited on 6-23-2023 by SFandH]

SFandH - 6-23-2023 at 01:41 PM

To: SF and H: I prefer to order it to Mexico as I have a address it can be delivered. But if I still have the spanish problem, does me no good.

You can figure it out. You're in Mexico, learning some Spanish is a good idea.

Find a tougholdwoman who speaks a little Spanish to help you.

SFandH - 6-23-2023 at 02:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Find a tougholdwoman who speaks a little Spanish English to help you.
Better to learn from a native speaker. :light:

And certainly a better cook. ;)

tougholdman - 6-23-2023 at 02:41 PM

You can figure it out. You're in Mexico, learning some Spanish is a good idea.

Find a tougholdwoman who speaks a little Spanish to help you.[/rquote]

I've been here 27 yrs and still don't speak spanish. I'm told old to start now.

surabi - 6-23-2023 at 02:51 PM

What was your excuse 27 years ago?

It's unbelievable to me that anyone would live in a foreign country for 27 years and not speak at least basics in the national language. It's disrespectful, not to mention shows a complete lack of interest in the country and its people.

No one is too old to learn another language unless you are cognitively impaired. It will help keep you younger in mind and spirit than sitting in front of the TV will.

tougholdman - 6-24-2023 at 04:39 PM

I guess cause I'm in a wheelchair and don't get out much to speak to other and learn. Where I'm at I had no internet or phone svc for over 20 yrs. So no way to learn.

So if that's disrespectful so be it. You wouldn't speak it either if things were reversed.

But thanks for your imput.

tougholdman - 6-24-2023 at 04:42 PM

With that attitude, you probably are.

Time to hang up your spurs, find a nice grave site and hop in. :lol:

Come to think of it, if those spurs are silver, I'll take 'em off your hands. ;)

I'm 87 yrs old and in a wheelchair. SPURS...lol

tougholdman - 6-24-2023 at 04:44 PM

Can we get back on track. If you're not interested in helping, please bypass my post.

Again I'm 87 yrs old, in a wheelchair past 20+ yrs and what good would spurs do me.

surabi - 6-24-2023 at 05:02 PM

I guess cause I'm in a wheelchair and don't get out much to speak to other and learn. Where I'm at I had no internet or phone svc for over 20 yrs. So no way to learn.

So if that's disrespectful so be it. You wouldn't speak it either if things were reversed.

But thanks for your imput.

Sorry to hear you are disabled. I can see where you might not need to speak Spanish if there are few people you come in contact with.

But I'm not sure how you think people learned other languages before there was internet. They may have never even had anyone around to speak that language with, but simply wanted to learn it because they might have some need for it in the future, think they might want to travel to other countries.

People have always been able to learn languages from books and also there are language tapes.

I took my car to a Mexican mechanic one day and he spoke perfect English. While he had his worker put the car up on the hoist and check some things out, I was making small talk with him and said he must have lived up north at some point and he said "No, why?" I said because he spoke perfect, completely unaccented American English, as if he was born and raised in middle America. He said he learned English from watching English language TV shows since he was a kid. Then he told me he was also teaching himself German and Japanese, as he wanted to travel to those countries, so wanted to be able to converse with people and read what was written around him- street signs, shop names, newspapers.

People learn new languages out of interest and motivation, which it is clear you didn't have. It really has nothing with having internet or a phone or other people to speak that language with. Anyone who can read can learn a language, or anything else, if they want to.

[Edited on 6-25-2023 by surabi]

RFClark - 6-24-2023 at 09:58 PM

T,O,M,

Ignore Surabi! In answer to your question Starlink Mexico is about 40% of the US price. It’s transparent to everything I’ve used with it. The way not to get stuff in Spanish is to get a VPN service in the US and don’t let your apps and programs use your location. You can also force a language choice on most search engines.

larryC - 6-25-2023 at 07:22 AM

To answer your question, if you get roaming then yes starlink will work in both Mexico and San Diego. I have the Mex roaming service and use my starlink in both locations. The hardest part of a starlink install is routing the wire to the dish through walls and such so I bought a second wire and installed one each permanently in my house in San Diego and in my house in BoLA so now I just travel with the modem and dish. Simple install when I get to either location.
One caveat, starlink says if you roam to a country where the monthly fee is higher for more than 2 months they may charge you the higher rate. I haven't tested that yet. I'm usually in San Diego for 3 months so we'll see what happens this summer.
Hope this helps.

tougholdman - 6-25-2023 at 03:29 PM

To Surabi! The first 7 yrs i was here a week every couple of month off and on. Then an accident put me in a wheelchair. Apparently most off you have never visited Mexico. I didn't even have internet until about 8 -9 yrs ago and living in the hills where my closest neighbor being 1/2 mile away, I don't see to many people.

When you're in a wheelchair, the mexican people don't just run to your house to help you learn spanish.

Anyways enough on the subject. i do speak enough to get me by if spoken to me slowly.

[Edited on 6-25-2023 by tougholdman]

RFClark - 6-26-2023 at 08:04 PM

LarryC,

StarLink dropped that2 month thing. You can stay as long as you want.

baja-chris - 6-27-2023 at 02:45 PM

Just an FYI, I found the 5GHz frequency the Starlink router defaults to does not readily travel through the common block and concrete wall construction found in Baja, even with mesh extenders.

I've since found the router can be set to use 2.4GHz which should work better but I've not taken my Starlink down to my Baja house to test this. We get DSL at our Baja house which is adequate for streaming and only $20/mo so not much incentive to drag the starlink equipment down.

JDCanuck - 6-27-2023 at 08:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by baja-chris  
Just an FYI, I found the 5GHz frequency the Starlink router defaults to does not readily travel through the common block and concrete wall construction found in Baja, even with mesh extenders.

I've since found the router can be set to use 2.4GHz which should work better but I've not taken my Starlink down to my Baja house to test this. We get DSL at our Baja house which is adequate for streaming and only $20/mo so not much incentive to drag the starlink equipment down.

Didn't realize the 2.4 ghz would penetrate concrete better, thanks for that info. We got around the issue by using wireless extenders and local Ethernet links, but I may try the 2.4 ghz as well .

[Edited on 6-29-2023 by JDCanuck]

tougholdman - 6-28-2023 at 03:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
LarryC,

Well that solves things for me. I'll pickup a Starlink System at Best Buy this weekend. Use a San Diego address and find someone down here to install it

Don Pisto - 6-28-2023 at 03:12 PM

LarryC,

Well that solves things for me. I'll pickup a Starlink System at Best Buy this weekend. Use a San Diego address and find someone down here to install it

isn't that gonna cost you twice as much for gear and monthly?

gnukid - 6-28-2023 at 08:53 PM

LarryC,

You want to use your baja address for your initial account signup, using google plus code from google maps, but, when you get approved to receive the dish based on your (cell availability) home address in Baja you can request for the dish to be shipped anywhere you want, such as USA, to be carried by you en route to baja, when you are not in your home cell in Baja you will be roaming on deprioritized mobile service, when in crowded cells, but, you will be at the Mex rate, not USA, which is %50 less.

Order everything you think you might want for mounting and usually one would buy extra cable, one for permanent home and one for mobile or emergency, Ethernet adapter to use with other routers or setup Mesh or additional hard wired Access Points, mounts, poles, etc.

RFClark - 6-29-2023 at 02:26 PM

Don P,

If you are going to use it in Mexico, it’s way cheaper to buy it in Mexico.according to StarLink’s latest weasel words your unit must be delivered to Mexico if you want the Mexican deal. If you buy a US unit you pay the US monthly plus Roam to use it in Mexico

surabi - 6-29-2023 at 03:45 PM

There's other things like that, too. For instance, a Costco membership is cheaper in Mexico than NOB. But a membership can be used in any Costco anywhere.

And my Telcel Sin Limites works in Canada when I am up there for 1 to 2 months and is dirt cheap @ 200 pesos/month for unlimited texting and calling to anywhere in Canada,the US and Mexico. You can only pay for Sin Limites for a month, and so when it's due to run out, I just get a friend in Mexico to go to Oxo and put another 200 pesos on it. (You used to be able to pay for more time by calling *133#, and using your crrdit card, but Telcel put a stop to buying more time from out of the country)

SFandH - 6-29-2023 at 04:15 PM

I do the same with my Telcel phone. Cheap!

Hey Starlinkers. Does the IP address the system assigns reveal your location? I imagine Starlink has a pool of IP addresses to use for its subscribers. I'm wondering if the address you get is a function of your location. From a system point-of-view, that's not necessary.

This website will tell you where "the Internet" thinks you're located.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

[Edited on 6-29-2023 by SFandH]

surabi - 6-29-2023 at 04:23 PM

That's why I was able to top up my Telcel Sin Limites from Canada two summers ago, but couldn't last summer. I guess Telcel started reading out-of country IP addresses when trying to recharge and kiboshed that. But I guess they haven't gotten more sophisticated in realizing we can just get someone in Mexico to top it up.

[Edited on 6-29-2023 by surabi]

RFClark - 6-29-2023 at 04:24 PM

SH&F,

You need a good VPN from the States if you want to show as being in the US. Some of the better services do work with streaming content providers.

SFandH - 6-29-2023 at 04:26 PM

Thanks, I know all about VPNs. You didn't answer my question.

SFandH - 6-29-2023 at 04:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
That's why I was able to top up my Telcel Sin Limites from Canada two summers ago, but couldn't last summer. I guess Telcel started reading out-of country IP addresses when trying to recharge and kiboshed that. But I guess they haven't gotten more sophisticated in realizing we can just get someone in Mexico to top it up.

[Edited on 6-29-2023 by surabi]

Yes, but I'm wondering about Starlink IP addresses.

RFClark - 6-29-2023 at 04:30 PM

If you mean your actual location, I doubt it. It does reveal you’re in Mexico. On the other hand that might be a function of apps that get your location when you use them.

RFClark - 6-29-2023 at 04:33 PM

surabi,

You don’t need to be in Mexico to pay your Telcel bill. You can use XOOM.com that’s how I pay mine.

SFandH - 6-29-2023 at 04:34 PM

If you mean your actual location, I doubt it. It does reveal you’re in Mexico. On the other hand that might be a function of apps that get your location when you use them.

Do you have Starlink? If so, go to this website and tell me where it says you're located.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

RFClark - 6-29-2023 at 04:44 PM

I just did that to find my IP address and location. IP address look up says that I’m in Los Angeles CA. IPv4: 98.97.59.183 StarLink is the Host.

mjs - 6-29-2023 at 05:39 PM

my StarLink info from https://whatismyipaddress.com/

ISP: Starlink Chile SpA

City: Mexico City

Region: Ciudad de Mexico

Actual location near San Felipe.

Starlink uses CGNAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation - same as cellular carriers) to allow multiple users to access the internet through a single IP address. Works similar to how your home internet router allows mutiple users / devices to share a single internet connect. Also why you cannot use a direct inbound connection or port forwarding to remotely acces your home devices / network.

If using a VPN location should show as the VPN server location

[Edited on 6-30-2023 by mjs]

RFClark - 6-29-2023 at 05:47 PM

My starlink system is from the US and is on roam here.

SFandH - 6-29-2023 at 06:22 PM

Interesting info, thanks.

SFandH - 6-29-2023 at 06:29 PM

I just did that to find my IP address and location. IP address look up says that I’m in Los Angeles CA. IPv4: 98.97.59.183 StarLink is the Host.

Are you using your VPN?

I'm just curious.

[Edited on 6-30-2023 by SFandH]

SFandH - 6-29-2023 at 07:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mjs  
my StarLink info from https://whatismyipaddress.com/

ISP: Starlink Chile SpA

City: Mexico City

Region: Ciudad de Mexico

Actual location near San Felipe.

Starlink uses CGNAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation - same as cellular carriers) to allow multiple users to access the internet through a single IP address. Works similar to how your home internet router allows mutiple users / devices to share a single internet connect. Also why you cannot use a direct inbound connection or port forwarding to remotely acces your home devices / network.

If using a VPN location should show as the VPN server location

Starlink Chile in Mexico City. Hmmmm

Whoa, I don't know about CGNAT. I'll ask ChatGPT. :D

RFClark - 6-29-2023 at 07:26 PM

SH&F,

No, not currently we use a hardware VPN box at the shop and Apple broke something again.

surabi - 6-29-2023 at 08:10 PM

surabi,

You don’t need to be in Mexico to pay your Telcel bill. You can use XOOM.com that’s how I pay mine.

It isn't a Telcel bill. It's pay-as-you-go Sin Limites. I don't want to sign any contracts with Telcel.

Don Pisto - 6-30-2023 at 12:31 PM

surabi,

It isn't a Telcel bill. It's pay-as-you-go Sin Limites. I don't want to sign any contracts with Telcel.
hang on to it I just left tecel and no more sin limites plans now im thinking I should have kept my starlink. What speeds are you seeing with telcel? Never mind after three trips into town they now tell me no service available here…..back to telnor

[Edited on 6-30-2023 by Don Pisto]

RFClark - 6-30-2023 at 04:31 PM

S,

I pay as I go too. $200 Pesos a month via Xoom from anywhere.

Don Pisto - 6-30-2023 at 04:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
hang on to it I just left tecel and no more sin limites plans

Wierd; I just got an Amigo Sin Límites chip in La Paz about 10 days ago and the plan is advertised as live and well on their website.

What exactly was it that you were told? :?:
. They said “ no more unlimited for you, you’re such a lencho”. Maybe you could straighten them out!

surabi - 6-30-2023 at 05:07 PM

Wierd; I just got an Amigo Sin Límites chip in La Paz

A Sin Limites chip? What does that mean?

[Edited on 7-1-2023 by surabi]

Don Pisto - 6-30-2023 at 05:26 PM

Wierd; I just got an Amigo Sin Límites chip in La Paz

[Edited on 7-1-2023 by surabi]

you know........

surabi - 6-30-2023 at 06:39 PM

A new chip (I guess that's a SIM in English, sorry) with a number assigned under the Sin límites plan.

[Edited on 7-1-2023 by lencho]

There isn't any number assigned "under Sin Limites." All a SIM card is, is that you now have a Telcel number. It isn't specific to SinLimites, you could choose any one of a number of different Telcel offerings. For instance, before I had Wifi at my place, I would pay for Sin Limites and also Amigo Internet (which only buys you data) because the amount of data that comes with SinLimites wasn't enough.

And when you refer to a "plan" with Telcel, that is something you sign a contract for and get billed monthly. If you do pay-as-you-go, just topping it up when you need to, at any Oxxo and any store that offers it, Telcel calls that a "paquete".

JDCanuck - 7-16-2023 at 08:26 AM

I am wondering if Starlink might be more consistent now than the Telcel cellular access as you travel around Baja. We live on the fringe areas of Telcel and needed an antenna to get flakey cell access that drops out a lot.
Anyone have experience with mobile Starlink and VOIP?

Timinator - 7-18-2023 at 07:41 AM

What VPN's are people actually using in Baja with Starlink Mexico plans? Please.

willardguy - 7-18-2023 at 09:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
What VPN's are people actually using in Baja with Starlink Mexico plans? Please.

Nord, no complaints...

tbnoble - 7-19-2023 at 06:33 PM

I use Private Internet Access and have for the last 8 months on Starlink in Mexico on the Mexico roam plan, I also pay my bill using a US credit card been pleased with the service and the speed. Located in Socorrito south of Paplote.

AKgringo - 7-19-2023 at 07:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tbnoble  
Located in Socorrito south of Paplote.

Those are two places I am not familiar with.....Baja, or mainland?

stillnbaja - 7-19-2023 at 07:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by tbnoble  
Located in Socorrito south of Paplote.

Those are two places I am not familiar with.....Baja, or mainland?

san quintin

mtgoat666 - 7-20-2023 at 08:47 AM

Spectacular rocket launch in last nights sky…

SFandH - 7-20-2023 at 04:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

More Starlink satellites. Is Starlink profitable? Will there be an IPO?

I'm skeptical.

PaulW - 4-9-2024 at 10:46 AM

Do any of you use Mx purchased starlink Roam and use it in the states states do they turn you of after 2 months use in the states.

mtgoat666 - 4-9-2024 at 11:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

More Starlink satellites. Is Starlink profitable? Will there be an IPO?

I'm skeptical.

Starlink is owned by spacex. Spacex is privately owned (musk and private equity).
Starlink is pricy in usa, starting at $120/month ($600+ for hardware)(and high usage subscriptions range up to $250 (1TB) and $500/month(2 TB)).
What is subscription plan cost in mexico for regular and high usage?

I am using Starlink right now

AKgringo - 4-9-2024 at 12:49 PM

The RV park I am staying at, Campestre Maranatha, uses several Starlink connections. The quality of the link has fluctuated a bit, but I am not sure if it is due to variations in satellite service, or demand by campers using the system.

One of the Cafe employees said it was because of the strong winds lately, but that makes no sense to me. By the way, the cafe at the corner of the camp does not use Starlink, and I have not been able to access the internet there for the last week. Connected, but no internet...that one may indeed be linked to wind problems, but they are working on it!

SFandH - 4-9-2024 at 12:57 PM

What is subscription plan cost in mexico for regular and high usage?

From starlink.com:

residencial

"MX$1,045/mo, with a hardware cost of MX$5,900"

@16.5 pesos per dollar

$63 and $357

[Edited on 4-9-2024 by SFandH]

surabi - 4-9-2024 at 01:02 PM

Starlink and other internet systems require electricity. If the power is low, or fluctuates, that will affect the reception. Maybe that's what they mean by "because of strong winds". CFE connections leave a lot to be desired and wind blowing the lines around, branches or palm fronds falling on lines (CFE doesn't believe in preventive maintainance) can result in electric going in and out.

[Edited on 4-9-2024 by surabi]

PaulW - 4-10-2024 at 09:39 AM

A typical solution is to use a 12v DC router to power the stuff.
Still use the grid to keep the battery full.
Because of the grid hick-ups it may be necessary to do intermitted battery charging.

Bob and Susan - 4-10-2024 at 10:31 AM

dont ALL modems take electricty?

mjs - 4-10-2024 at 06:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
dont ALL modems take electricty?

Starlink needs power to the dish. 48volt poe supplied by the Starlink router. Not standard poe configuration but can be powered by batteries with a little bit of hacking.

pacificobob - 4-12-2024 at 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Do any of you use Mx purchased starlink Roam and use it in the states states do they turn you of after 2 months use in the states.

I'm not seeing an answer to your question.
I would consider getting one for here in Mexico, but i would like to carry it north when visiting the old country.

PaulW - 4-12-2024 at 08:53 PM

Still relatively new here in San Felipe. Lots have bought the Discounted Mexican plan.
Folks heading north soon maybe an answer will be forthcoming.

larryC - 4-14-2024 at 09:21 AM

Paul
I can answer your question. I have the Mexican starlink roaming service that I use here in Bahia. When I get out of here in late June I take it with me to San Diego and used it there for 3-1/2 months last year with no problems. Who knows what will happen this year but so far so good.

pacificobob - 4-14-2024 at 10:09 AM

What speed can one expect?

Bob and Susan - 4-14-2024 at 10:40 AM

today
download 150
upload 5

RFClark - 4-14-2024 at 12:24 PM

South of Cerritos today down: 145 Megs up: 14 Megs Latency: 37 MS

pacificobob - 4-15-2024 at 07:20 AM

Plenty fast

Forget what I said about using Starlink!

AKgringo - 4-25-2024 at 07:28 PM

There are Starlink devices in use at Campestre Maranatha in Chametla, but that was not the internet connection I was logged into.

I know this because for the last three days I have to use the internet at the Cafe Exquisito because their fiber optic connection was not knocked out by the truck that took out most of the RV park service.

I'm done here anyway, headed back north tomorrow!