BajaNomad

Alfredo's Restaurant San Felipe

MySanFelipeVacation - 8-14-2023 at 11:20 PM

Alfredo's Restaurant is one of the best kept secrets in San Felipe, Baja California. This iconic San Felipe establishment sits atop a hill just a few blocks from the Sea of Cortez. he fine-dining restaurant offers luxurious grounds and ambience, a surprisingly reasonably-priced five-star Italian menu, topnotch service, and even a relaxing swimming pool to top off your summer meal! This is easily one of the best restaurants in San Felipe, and it is my personal favorite...more

alfredos-restaurant-san-felipe-mexico.jpeg - 251kB

[Edited on 8-15-2023 by MySanFelipeVacation]

bill erhardt - 8-15-2023 at 04:51 AM

I agree completely about Alfredo's. And also Las Palmas Hotel of which it is a part and I assume under the same management. In recent years San Filipe has been a way station on trips north to the States from Loreto and I've always been disappointed at accommodations I've found there. Until my last trip north a couple of months ago when I stumbled across Las Palmas / Alfredos. Now I actually look forward to the next trip north and the stopover in San Filipe to and fro.

where do you find it?

John M - 8-15-2023 at 05:13 AM

Does the menu offer varieties of seafood?

Dum-ass me, I simply went to the link......after all it's only 5:15 a.m.!

JM

[Edited on 8-15-2023 by John M]

[Edited on 8-15-2023 by John M]

Purdyd - 8-17-2023 at 03:34 AM

I stayed and at there this spring. Hotel was nothing fancy but staff was friendly, and the restaurant was top notch!

Bingo

Don Jorge - 8-17-2023 at 06:54 AM

We had given up stopping in San Felipe on our way north and instead just stopped and boondocked it in Gonzaga.

We just could not find in San Felipe an all in one place to rest, eat and sleep. Sounds like you just showed us there is such a place.

Thanks again for sharing your local knowledge!

Bajazly - 8-17-2023 at 06:13 PM

Cant comment on the hotel, altho it didn't look bad by any means but Alfredo's Restaurant is pretty tasty, a bit spendy for SF but not horrible. I think it was 5 of us, dinner, one bottle of wine and a few double Don Julio shots came in around $225 US before tip.

BeachSeeker - 8-19-2023 at 03:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  
We had given up stopping in San Felipe on our way north and instead just stopped and boondocked it in Gonzaga.

We just could not find in San Felipe an all in one place to rest, eat and sleep. Sounds like you just showed us there is such a place.

Thanks again for sharing your local knowledge!

The Chenowth Lodge is the place. Fantastic accommodations, great restaurant, great bar, racing museum, and all the racing stories you want to hear from Lynn himself.

[Edited on 8-19-2023 by BeachSeeker]

dutra - 1-5-2024 at 11:25 AM

I stayed there in Oct. Place is nice and somewhat easy to find. Has a giant metal shrimp out front lol cant miss it. The bar and restaurant are expensive but good drinks. Rooms are nice as well