BajaNomad

Trailer wanted

Bruce R Leech - 4-11-2005 at 07:37 PM

I need a small enclosed utility trailer. some thing like a u haul or hallmark or wells cargo single axle not to big.

jim janet - 4-12-2005 at 07:55 AM

Is that to carry all yourspelling supplies ?:biggrin:

Bruce R Leech - 4-12-2005 at 03:53 PM

No actually it is to store the names of the small percentage of Canadians that like to be rude and inconsiderate to the People that live here in Baja.

What is a yourspelling anyway?

Dave - 4-12-2005 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
No actually it is to store the names of the small percentage of Canadians that like to be rude and inconsiderate to the People that live here in Baja.

I think you're gonna need a bigger trailer.;D

rpleger - 4-25-2005 at 05:19 PM

Bruce:
I have a 5x8 trailer with a plywood box.

Very interested in divesting myself of it.

Right here in H. Muleg?

Debra - 4-25-2005 at 05:49 PM

Well, I lost I guess......I tried to sit on my hands.....but, here I go again......

Is your "spell checker" so wonderful? Why is it that it's so "fun" to pick on someone that may not do as well with the written word as 'you' might....but, seems to always put his thoughts across, feelings across in a very kind and well thought out way that we (well, guess most of us understand?) And find valuable........I find it very ugly that us "grown-ups" keep doing this silly hurting CRAP! BAD SPELLERS UNITE!!!!

Bruce R Leech - 4-25-2005 at 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rpleger
Bruce:
I have a 5x8 trailer with a plywood box.

Very interested in divesting myself of it.

Right here in H. Muleg?

I have a good utility trailer but I need something that I can lock up my things in when we travel. secure and dry is the important things.

Bruce R Leech - 4-25-2005 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
Well, I lost I guess......I tried to sit on my hands.....but, here I go again......

Is your "spell checker" so wonderful? Why is it that it's so "fun" to pick on someone that may not do as well with the written word as 'you' might....but, seems to always put his thoughts across, feelings across in a very kind and well thought out way that we (well, guess most of us understand?) And find valuable........I find it very ugly that us "grown-ups" keep doing this silly hurting CRAP! BAD SPELLERS UNITE!!!!
thanks Debra.

comitan - 4-25-2005 at 06:27 PM

Bruce--Why don't you have the guy there in Mulege that makes the boat trailers make you one to your specs.

Used enclosed cargo haulers

latitude26n - 4-26-2005 at 02:31 AM

Bruce

If you have trouble finding an enclosed trailer, it's not because of your location necessarily. There's just not a big supply of used ones for sale out there.

We casually watched the Trailer Trader, Recycler, and ebay for 3 months, and then diligently checked out all used trailer resources within 200 miles of us for another 2 months in search of an enclosed cargo trailer- and nada.

We would have driven to Arizona from So Cal. if we'd found anything decent on ebay, but zip. Used trailers on ebay that were for sale in other parts of the US were the same prices new ones. But price wasn't the problem in our area. People just never seemed to sell used, plain cargo haulers. (there's lots of expensive Toy haulers tho).

We gave up and ordered a new one that we pick up tomorrow. It's a 6'x 10' Interstate brand.

Good luck

Bruce R Leech - 4-26-2005 at 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by latitude26n
Bruce

If you have trouble finding an enclosed trailer, it's not because of your location necessarily. There's just not a big supply of used ones for sale out there.

We casually watched the Trailer Trader, Recycler, and ebay for 3 months, and then diligently checked out all used trailer resources within 200 miles of us for another 2 months in search of an enclosed cargo trailer- and nada.

We would have driven to Arizona from So Cal. if we'd found anything decent on ebay, but zip. Used trailers on ebay that were for sale in other parts of the US were the same prices new ones. But price wasn't the problem in our area. People just never seemed to sell used, plain cargo haulers. (there's lots of expensive Toy haulers tho).

We gave up and ordered a new one that we pick up tomorrow. It's a 6'x 10' Interstate brand.

Good luck

that sounds like just about what I am looking for .about how much does one of those cost new?

cargo trailer

latitude26n - 4-26-2005 at 10:13 AM

The base price for the Interstate trailer is $2100.

We asked a few different dealers and the consensus was that this brand is made better than others we were considering, and would handle washboard better.

This base price is $200 less other comparables, and way less than a Wells cargo. We researched the specs online and ordered the trailer on the phone so we'll soon find out if it was foolish to buy it sight-unseen!

I'd forgotten that we decided on the 5' x 10' (not 6'x10' that I mentioned above) because our open utility trailer is 5ft wide and tows like a breeze on the Hwy.

"Extras" that we got: (+$280)
- 6" height added to the stock 5'x10' size.
- 48" aluminum rock guard on the front
- stabilizer jacks to keep the trailer level when not on your hitch.
- it comes with a side door, and your choice for the back of either 2 cargo doors (our preference) or one big ramp-door which costs more.

Out the door price with tax etc, $2600.

Interstate has an informative website with the specs.

Bruce R Leech - 4-26-2005 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by latitude26n
The base price for the Interstate trailer is $2100.

We asked a few different dealers and the consensus was that this brand is made better than others we were considering, and would handle washboard better.

This base price is $200 less other comparables, and way less than a Wells cargo. We researched the specs online and ordered the trailer on the phone so we'll soon find out if it was foolish to buy it sight-unseen!

I'd forgotten that we decided on the 5' x 10' (not 6'x10' that I mentioned above) because our open utility trailer is 5ft wide and tows like a breeze on the Hwy.

"Extras" that we got: (+$280)
- 6" height added to the stock 5'x10' size.
- 48" aluminum rock guard on the front
- stabilizer jacks to keep the trailer level when not on your hitch.
- it comes with a side door, and your choice for the back of either 2 cargo doors (our preference) or one big ramp-door which costs more.

Out the door price with tax etc, $2600.

Interstate has an informative website with the specs.

thanks that sounds pretty good . I'm still toying with the thought of having one built here for me it would be far cheaper but quite a bit heaver also sense they don't work with the aluminum . I really want to keep the Waite down.

trailers

Big Al - 4-26-2005 at 08:53 PM

Home Depot has a bunch of sizes outin front of the store. I saw a good sized one today for $1700. If you want more details, let me know.

Alan

Bruce R Leech - 4-26-2005 at 09:48 PM

yes Big Al i would be interested in more info Please.

Trailer

Big Al - 4-28-2005 at 05:20 PM

i will try an get by tomorrow.

Bruce R Leech - 4-28-2005 at 06:26 PM

OK thanks allot Al

Inclosed Trailer

bajaden - 4-29-2005 at 06:08 PM

Hey Bruce, Im bringing down an inclosed trailer in july when I come down. All you need is a couple of pad locks. I was going to drag it back up to california, but Your welcome to take a look at it and see if it fits your needs. Its seen better days, but I just put a new axel under it. Its a 6' by 9'.:cool:

Bruce R Leech - 4-29-2005 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden
Hey Bruce, Im bringing down an inclosed trailer in july when I come down. All you need is a couple of pad locks. I was going to drag it back up to california, but Your welcome to take a look at it and see if it fits your needs. Its seen better days, but I just put a new axel under it. Its a 6' by 9'.:cool:

sounds good do you have any idea how much you would want for it ?

I don't recommend using

jrbaja - 4-29-2005 at 06:15 PM

Home Depot Trailers anywhere in Baja, especially if you are going off road.
And no matter what kind you buy, it is good to have the same wheel width, rim size, and at least an extra leaf spring put in. They generally turn the axle over as well for off road use.
I have made many trailer repairs down here and had mine fixed up for Baja. Took some Titanic props up to the Queen Mary on it and the next day it was stolen.:fire:

trailer

bajaden - 4-29-2005 at 06:26 PM

I've got about 4 or 5 hundred dollars in it. I'd probably take 4 hundred for it or best offer. Take a look at it and decide if its something you want, and I'll add in the Bruce discount.

Bruce R Leech - 4-29-2005 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden
I've got about 4 or 5 hundred dollars in it. I'd probably take 4 hundred for it or best offer. Take a look at it and decide if its something you want, and I'll add in the Bruce discount.

price sounds about right is it a factory built or home made . the reason I ask is I don't wont it to be to heavy.

trailer

bajaden - 4-29-2005 at 06:47 PM

Its a factory built trailer. It was my work trailer for about 5 or 6 years. We bought a new, larger trailer, and I took posession of this one. It has some dents and tears in the front where my son jacknifed it, but it pulls very easily

Bruce R Leech - 4-29-2005 at 06:50 PM

dose it have a side door? what kind of back doors dose it have?

[Edited on 4-30-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

trailer

bajaden - 4-29-2005 at 07:35 PM

Yes it has a side door, and the back door is a double door that is split in the middle and opens outward. Both have the ability to be locked.

Den.....

Bruce R Leech - 4-29-2005 at 07:38 PM

prefect I think we have a deal.

Bruce R Leech - 5-1-2005 at 08:34 AM

bajaden please send u2u or Email me