BajaNomad

General West Coast Rain & Possibly SNOW!

RFClark - 9-1-2023 at 09:24 PM

Lots of flood alerts and rain today in the Palm Springs area. The forecast is for rain, heavy at times through the West. Utah has a chance to see the 1st SNOW for this season at the higher elevations!

Mammoth just closed last years skiing a few days ago!

The picture is from this afternoon a bit east of Murrieta, CA (North of where goat hangs out).

Drive carefully, there is flooding reported again!

IMG_3270.jpeg - 110kB

JZ - 9-1-2023 at 09:39 PM

I thought it was gonna rain over the last 3-4 hours, clouds looked capable, but it hasn't yet. Forecast says 40% of rain at 3am tonight.

Regret not taking the boat out today. Love it when it rains when you are on the ocean.

[Edited on 9-2-2023 by JZ]

RFClark - 9-1-2023 at 09:44 PM

JZ,

Be careful. They are forecasting high winds with this one. It’s an early winter storm from the north.

South of San Felipe looking north.

RFClark - 9-1-2023 at 09:52 PM

About 8:00 tonight looking north across the gulf. Heavy rain reported along with wind driven waves in addition to the King tide. Flooding in San Felipe was reported.

IMG_4503.jpeg - 128kB

Quite a change where I am....

AKgringo - 9-2-2023 at 06:57 AM

In Nevada County CA it has been wind, intermittent showers and a huge temperature drop. I went from running the swamp cooler on Wednesday, to burning my first fire of the season in the wood stove Friday evening!

East of me in Nevada, Burning Man is now a mud bog, with campers being directed to hold in place.

[Edited on 9-3-2023 by AKgringo]

JZ - 9-2-2023 at 09:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

East of me in Nevada, Burning Man is now a mud bog, with campers being directed to hold in place.

Watch this Burning Man related video. The ending brought a huge smile to my face.
https://youtu.be/e8fDM60MS84?si=RxYp0ApioQgr_3Th

SFandH - 9-2-2023 at 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Watch this Burning Man related video. The ending brought a huge smile to my face.
https://youtu.be/e8fDM60MS84?si=RxYp0ApioQgr_3Th

It figures that would make you happy..

[Edited on 9-2-2023 by SFandH]

I think that “The Authority” did handle it.

RFClark - 9-2-2023 at 11:23 AM

And I approve.

IMG_4506.jpeg - 129kB

chippy - 9-2-2023 at 11:29 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/09/02/burnin...
:lol::lol::lol:

AKgringo - 9-2-2023 at 11:35 AM

The UK Daily Mail is reporting that Burning Man revelers are "catching hypothermia". That will teach them to wear a mask!

pacificobob - 9-2-2023 at 12:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
JZ,

Be careful. They are forecasting high winds with this one. It’s an early winter storm from the north.

Nah.......go for it.you will be fine

JZ - 9-2-2023 at 02:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

It figures that would make you happy.

Why are you ok with 5 radicals impacting the lives of thousands? What if someone has a medical emergency?

SFandH - 9-2-2023 at 03:06 PM

Why are you ok with 5 radicals impacting the lives of thousands? What if someone has a medical emergency?

I'm not OK with that, I didn't say I was. My comment resulted from the whole episode making you smile.

You said: "The ending brought a huge smile to my face."

It was not a happy event for anybody involved.

mtgoat666 - 9-2-2023 at 03:36 PM

I'm not OK with that, I didn't say I was. My comment resulted from the whole episode making you smile.

You said: "The ending brought a huge smile to my face."

It was not a happy event for anybody involved.

I smiled because I love the passion and idealism of leftist protestors. It is also amusing that Joe six packs get so bent out of shape over a minor delay of their selfish pursuits.

JZ - 9-2-2023 at 03:37 PM

Seeing idiots get what they deserve after so many times they didn't is definitely something to be happy about. Law and order, thankfully.

Don Pisto - 9-2-2023 at 04:09 PM

OT closed for the holiday weekend?

mtgoat666 - 9-2-2023 at 06:09 PM

[Edited on 9-2-2023 by AKgringo]

2 things you don’t do when rain is in the forecast: camp in an arroyo, or camp on a dry lake bed.
Scenes of stranded burners are amusing. I hope they brought extra drugs, water and food, those cars are going to have a hard time departing the mud flat for quite some time. Probably best to walk out, hitch a ride home, and come back for your car in a week or two after lake surface is driveable :light:

RFClark - 9-2-2023 at 06:49 PM

Goat,

The only way you can walk in that stuff is either barefoot or with plastic bags on your shoes even that is tiring. You can’t drive or land a helicopter without laying down mats first. Don’t think about heavy tracked stuff either it digs in until it bottoms out. “General mud” is the only good General the Russians have.

Since it probably rained agin today and perhaps tomorrow these folks have a a problem and there could be 30-50K of them. The porta pottys will be full in a day. There’s no fresh water. There’s no food!

It could get really ugly!

Bwana_John - 9-2-2023 at 07:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

“General mud” is the only good General the Russians have.

“Russia has Two Generals in whom she can confide—Generals Janvier and Février.”

Tsar Nicholas I

RFClark - 9-2-2023 at 08:02 PM

Bwana_John,

Да, да, у Матери-России всегда было 2 генерала, на которых они могли положиться. Это общий снег и общая грязь!