BajaNomad

Starlink monthly cost

BajaMama - 9-4-2023 at 09:48 AM

Those of you with Starlink in Baja (not a subscription based out of USA), what is the monthly charge? How much was the equipment? (Purchased in Baja, not USA.)

I ask because I am hearing it is $150 - $200 a month in USA, but abound $55/month in Baja.

If you do have Starlink in USA, what is the monthly cost?

chippy - 9-4-2023 at 10:06 AM

Mexico Starlink costs 8300 mxn for the equipment plus shipping. Then it's 1100 mxn monthly for the service. It's a bit more if you get the rv package.

BajaMama - 9-4-2023 at 11:14 AM

Thank you Chippy! If I go the RV option, can I use it in the USA and Canada?

RFClark - 9-4-2023 at 11:30 AM

Our US based StarLink that we use in Baja Sur costs $145/month US. We’re not on RV. With RV you can stop and start StarLink by the month.

chippy - 9-4-2023 at 12:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  

I have used mine (rv version) in the western US but not Canada. I doubt that there would be a problem using it in Canada.

AKgringo - 9-4-2023 at 01:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  

I have used mine (rv version) in the western US but not Canada. I doubt that there would be a problem using it in Canada.

I am not so sure about that, when I pass through Canada the roaming fee's are more than double what I encounter in Baja!

tbnoble - 9-4-2023 at 01:49 PM

Just looked at my latest invoice and I do have the starlink mx rv pay 1350 mxn per month. My equipment cost a year ago was 3600 mxn, there were running a special when I pulled the trigger pure luck. Never have used it in the US since we are full time here, ran it for 2 months in Mulege and the rest of the time at home in Socorro. Can be turned on and off as needed.

SFandH - 9-4-2023 at 01:52 PM

Here's a good article about the current Starlink options, which are either "Starlink Residential", "Starlink Roam Regional", or "Starlink Roam Global". Prices are US prices.

Note that the "Roam" options are slower and more expensive.

"Starlink Roam Regional" is continent-based, so US, Mexico, Canada roaming is OK.

https://www.highspeedinternet.com/resources/starlink-roam-rv

[Edited on 9-4-2023 by SFandH]

stillnbaja - 9-4-2023 at 02:24 PM

$250 for the kit at Costco....in Japan. soon to be in a bunch of stores.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/now-reportedly-buy-starlink-kits-...

Timo1 - 9-4-2023 at 02:50 PM

A word of caution. I bought my starlink in Canada and never used it there. I rought it here to Baja and activated it. Now I have to pay the Canadian rate which is $180/month CDN. Sucks because you can't change the service adress to mexico

BajaMama - 9-5-2023 at 06:11 AM

Thank you for all the good info. Helps us to decide which route(s) to take.