BajaNomad

places to eat in Loreto

jimbobros - 9-6-2023 at 03:56 PM

flying into Loreto tomorrow to help a friend with his boat> Looking for a few places to eat lunch and dinner

bajagregg - 9-7-2023 at 03:51 PM

Los Mandiles on the malecon is good for any of the day's 3 meals. They have an english menu but are closed on Tuesdays. Another good one is La Fuente which is one my favorites. It's very popular with the locals and is located just south of El Pescador market on calle Salvatierra.

vacaenbaja - 9-7-2023 at 04:02 PM

haven't been to Loreto in years. Is El Nido still there? How about that place

by the beach that serves nothing but chocolate clams done in as many ways as Bubba Gump Shrimp?

BajaBlanca - 9-7-2023 at 07:33 PM

Mi Loreto is really, really good.

Mi Loreto
Calle Salvatierra S/N, 23880 Loreto
+52 624 151 5894

It is on the pedestrian path - pass the church and it will be on the left hand side further down.

Delicious food and margaritas!

TLBaja79 - 9-8-2023 at 09:54 AM

Tacos Poblanos - on the highway north part of town, opens around 3pm

Los Mandiles is awesome!

Cesars Tacos is one of our favorites!

Santo Cielo is very nice, great food, getting to be kinda pricey...

La Mision has great food.

Palapa San Telmo - On highway S of town before the Airport. Great seafood, probably be pretty hot this time of year...

It all just depends on your taste, all of those are great. There are tons more that we really like. Rarely do we find a restaurant in Loreto that isn't good...they don't last long

David K - 9-8-2023 at 03:40 PM

How about Orlando's?

TLBaja79 - 9-9-2023 at 07:30 AM

Oh yes, Orlando's is another favorite, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner! All really good

Rarely in Loreto is it cool enough for soup....their soups are even worth it when its hot out! The best

Howard - 9-9-2023 at 08:59 AM

El Rey tacos for the best meat tacos!

David K - 9-9-2023 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TLBaja79  
Oh yes, Orlando's is another favorite, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner! All really good

Rarely in Loreto is it cool enough for soup....their soups are even worth it when its hot out! The best

Thanks for confirming they are still good!
It was in 2017, during my road guide research trip when Baja Nomad 'ncampion' took me there for dinner... was outstanding!

BooJumMan - 9-10-2023 at 07:41 AM

Taquitos del Valle on Calle Benito Juarez for the best fish and shrimp tacos.

Lee - 9-10-2023 at 08:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Mi Loreto is really, really good.

Mi Loreto
Calle Salvatierra S/N, 23880 Loreto
+52 624 151 5894

It is on the pedestrian path - pass the church and it will be on the left hand side further down.

Delicious food and margaritas!

x2. you probably won't get in for dinner without a reservation.

geraldalexander7 - 9-10-2023 at 08:38 PM

El Rey del Taco on Benito Juarez y Misiones is my go-to fish taco place.
Oasis Hotel restaurant, a la cart, for good price and good food.

honda tom - 9-11-2023 at 07:58 AM

IMO El Rey is the best fish taco Ive ever eaten in Baja, Asada is great also.

Tacos Pablano out on the hwy for Al Pastor tacos.

Super Burro for Arachera and papas rellanos.

Mi Loreto for a more upscale feel (awesome cadilac margaritas)

Picason north of town on the beach.. the view and the food all good!

I will be eating at all of these next week... (picason seasonally)

baja-chris - 9-11-2023 at 01:54 PM

We had very good seafood at Buena Vida, a locals bar and grill off the tourist paths.

bbbait - 9-26-2023 at 12:38 PM

Augies on the Malecon, great food and beverages!

elgatoloco - 9-27-2023 at 09:56 PM

In April we liked Zapata Cantina for mezcal c-cktails and tacos and will go back. We stayed at the Oasis and had a very fine meal outside under the stars and trees so second the emotion on that and Mi Loreto. Need to head back down and try all the places on the list.......

Marc - 10-8-2023 at 07:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by geraldalexander7  

I had to drag my mid-west friends into El Rey because they said all fish smells 'fishy'. Well, I talked them into trying just one fish taco. I had to drag them out. They love it and couldn't get enough.
Many a time I would go there and find the shop closed. I think El Rey likes his time off. My first time there was 1990.

Alan - 10-8-2023 at 08:26 AM

I'm assuming McLulu's is long gone. She is personally responsible for my children's addiction to fish tacos! Which they still battle with to this day

[Edited on 10-8-2023 by Alan]

digcolnagos - 10-9-2023 at 06:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  
Quote: Originally posted by geraldalexander7  

I had to drag my mid-west friends into El Rey because they said all fish smells 'fishy'. Well, I talked them into trying just one fish taco. I had to drag them out. They love it and couldn't get enough.
Many a time I would go there and find the shop closed. I think El Rey likes his time off. My first time there was 1990.

First time there, the line stretched down the block. Totally worth the wait. As good a fish taco as ever was made. Second time, no line and not quite as good. Fish didn't seem as fresh as first visit. My takeaway: if you see a line, get in it.

LaPazGringo - 10-23-2023 at 08:38 AM

Surprised no one mentioned MezzaLuna. One of the best values in Baja for Mediterranean food.

Howard - 10-23-2023 at 05:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajagregg  
Los Mandiles on the malecon is good for any of the day's 3 meals. They have an english menu but are closed on Tuesdays. Another good one is La Fuente which is one my favorites. It's very popular with the locals and is located just south of El Pescador market on calle Salvatierra.

La Fuente is actually just west of El Pescador on the south side of the street.