BajaNomad

A police motorcycle chase in Baja America

AKgringo - 12-3-2023 at 11:41 AM

Not exactly a trip report, but I was blown away by five minutes of "razor's edge" riding by the police officer and the bike he was chasing. It's worth watching!

https://autos.yahoo.com/brazil-motorcycle-police-chase-absol...

What a chase!

John M - 12-3-2023 at 11:45 AM

The next minute or so might have been equally interesting.

John M

BornFisher - 12-3-2023 at 11:56 AM

Police chases are my daily dose of internet! That was a doozy!

Howard - 12-3-2023 at 12:37 PM

That was one determined and pee off cop!

pacificobob - 12-3-2023 at 06:04 PM

Some good riding. The guy being chased was doing quite well with having a pillion rider. She did a good job as passenger.

AKgringo - 12-3-2023 at 06:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Some good riding. The guy being chased was doing quite well with having a pillion rider. She did a good job as passenger.

On some of those speed bumps she got launched.... there was a lot of air between her and the seat and footpegs!

[Edited on 12-4-2023 by AKgringo]

KasloKid - 12-3-2023 at 08:21 PM

I've done some crazy stuff in my youth on a bike, but this takes it to a brand new level !!!! Big cajones or just plain stupid? I think both....

Howard - 12-4-2023 at 09:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

New word for me, pillion. Are you British or am I just a dumb American? Or both?

[Edited on 12-4-2023 by Howard]

mtgoat666 - 12-4-2023 at 10:12 AM

looks like video playback speed was increased. would be good to see video at normal speed.

KurtG - 12-4-2023 at 03:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
looks like video playback speed was increased. would be good to see video at normal speed.

I watched again and I don't think the speed was increased. Just my opinion based on 60 years of riding and a few youthful motorcycle escapades.

pacificobob - 12-4-2023 at 08:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  

New word for me, pillion. Are you British or am I just a dumb American? Or both?

Just have been into and around British motorbike culture since the early 60s.
I have the oil stained garage floors to prove it.

Don Pisto - 12-4-2023 at 09:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  

Just have been into and around British motorbike culture since the early 60s.
I have the oil stained garage floors to prove it.

this things no joke! class leading power/weight ratio can't wait to see it at A1 january 6th.....will it leak oil? oh hell yes! :lol:

I had a Triumph once....

AKgringo - 12-4-2023 at 10:40 PM

It was a well used Tiger Cub that I bought my senior year in high school. An excellent choice for someone who really likes to work on their bike a lot!

basautter - 12-5-2023 at 06:18 AM

Wow, that guy should sign up for the Baja 1000, ironman class!