BajaNomad

Boe4fun (now BoenBaja) Bahía Asunción construction photos

David K - 2-2-2024 at 12:14 PM

In the Q & A forum, about the Montevideo pictograph site, Paul mentioned he was struggling with adding photos on Nomad:

Quote: Originally posted by BoenBaja  
Great info David, I took some of my buds from the clinic there about 15 ~18 years ago on our way to San Borja. It was wonderful, and while we were there I ran into a friend from Canada! Small world, especially in the deserts of Baja. I heard or read somewhere that vandals had painted graffiti over some of the paintings years ago, true?

Btw, my build in Bahía Asunción is coming along nicely, will end up with a garage that will have a cement roof to act as a patio. It should provide a fantastic view of the bay, Punta Prieta, San Hipólito, and La Bocana. Shari has graciously loaned me her construction crew while she’s doing her WhaleMagic Tours so I know the guys are top notch. In addition there’ll be a parking pad for our little 5th wheel trailer off to the west side of the lot, leaving a large area in front of the garage to build a casita (that is, if I can ever convince my wife!) I’d post some pics but I’m too computer illiterate (translates to “lame!”)

Here are the photos and captions:

My neighbors allowed me to park my 5th wheel trailer on their lot during construction.
Pic taken facing westward in the early morning (check my shadow!)

1100 cinder blocks, 100 bags of cement, wire mesh, and rebar delivered and offloaded by hand, pic taken facing north.

West side of lot will have the pad for the 5th wheel, if you enlarge the picture you can see the rebar stakes outlining the pad. The pile of rocks were bought locally.

The crew working, you can see the trench for the garage foundation.

Another delivery truck with 100 sacks of cement and rebar.

This is one great crew.

BoenBaja - 2-2-2024 at 08:01 PM

Thank you for posting this David!

David K - 2-2-2024 at 08:03 PM

My pleasure, Paul!:bounce: