BajaNomad

Del Borracho hamburger joint just south of Loreto

BajaBlanca - 2-4-2024 at 12:22 AM

There is an incredible hamburger place south of Loreto. Their food is really tasty.

They are closed Mon and Tuesdays

But, this is not a restaurant review. Instead I want to show what an amazing human Jorge, the owner, is! He donates often to schools that promote sports.

He donated blankets up in the mountains to the poorest of the poor.

This past Christmas saw him dressed as Santa and making the day for MANY KIDS!

If you happen to be in the area, have yourself a wonderful meal (I do recommend the burgers!!!) and help Jorge help the Loreto community by making the world a bit kinder.

The wooden sign is easy to spot on highway 1, and it is minutes to get to Del Borracho from there. We have made the mistake of trying to go when they are closed so bear in mind that MON AND TUES is their weekend.

BTW He has no idea I am posting this and I am not even sure he remembers who I am.

advrider - 2-4-2024 at 07:16 AM

I'll be there in April and will give it a try, thanks for posting.

chippy - 2-4-2024 at 07:43 AM

I wonder what happened to tequila lovin good ole boy from Montana who started it?

David K - 2-4-2024 at 09:52 AM

Nice review, Blanca... Not too shabby considering you are in Turkey!

BajaBlanca - 2-5-2024 at 03:02 AM

I know! All the way from Turkey and here I am!

The hamburgers there are REALLY good and the decor is amazing. So very authentic.

If you go to Del Borracho, ask Jorge where the Montanan went to. Jorge was a waiter there and bought the biz, if I correctly recall,

digcolnagos - 2-5-2024 at 05:12 PM

Driven past, haven't stopped but loves me a good hamburger. So...

What's the style? Thin patties, bun, minimal condiments--i.e., pickles, onions mustard, ketchup, aka cheezborger (Billy Goat Tavern) style? If so, fantastic, especially if they're extra greasy.

Or thick patty with lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise with a healthy slab of melted cheddar, also terrific.

Or something else entirely.

Would love to see a picture.

Addendum: Found some pictures online. Looks like thick patty with anyway you wanna roll--traditional American style or chili or jalapeno or a double, which seems hard to imagine:

https://explore-loreto.com/adventures/best-burger-restaurant...

[Edited on 2-6-2024 by digcolnagos]

[Edited on 2-6-2024 by digcolnagos]

BajaBlanca - 2-6-2024 at 06:22 AM

It is a big burger with all the trimmings, very much a la USA. It was run by a gringo until he sold to Jorge, who has kept everything exactly the same.

We need someone from Loreto to pitch in!

BooJumMan - 2-6-2024 at 08:24 AM

Still to this day I have never ordered a hamburger in Baja. But this might change my mind!

Lee - 2-6-2024 at 10:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
It is a big burger with all the trimmings, very much a la USA. It was run by a gringo until he sold to Jorge, who has kept everything exactly the same.

We need someone from Loreto to pitch in!

When were you there last, Blanca? How old are these photos?

BornFisher - 2-6-2024 at 11:42 AM

I love Baja burgers. It`s the cheeseburger in paradise thing. Give me a beer, which way do I steer?

BajaBlanca - 2-8-2024 at 11:26 AM

The photos are super recent! The owner is my friend on fbook.

Almost - 2-9-2024 at 08:03 PM

I went there today and the burgers were great. Jorge is a great host and the place has lots of history and other stuff to look around at. Have gone there a fair bit as it's pretty close to my house. Definitely recommend Del Boracho as a cool place to hang out. Great view of the Cortez as well.

JZ - 2-9-2024 at 08:13 PM

Been many times with the family. Will have to dig up some photos.